Tag Archive: NSO Helpline

Child Support.jpg

While it is true that the Philippines is a Christian nation (predominantly Catholic), it cannot be denied that cases of parents separating and fathers abandoning their families have increased over the years too. Take a trip to a small urban village in Metro Manila and you will be surprised to find out that a lot of the residents are single mothers or married women who have sought annulment of their marriages (for various reasons). In most cases, the children are left under the care of their mothers; in the Philippines, the law dictates that children below 7 years old must be in the custody of his mother in case his parents separate.

This leaves Pinays with the burden of raising their children on their own. Even if the mother is gainfully employed, it is not a secret that sending your kids to school until they graduate from college, providing for all of their basic needs, and performing the role of both a father and a mother is a herculean task. Of course this is not limited to the female parent only as there are also cases where the father is left to take care of the children’s needs on his own.

So how does a single mom (single dad) demand for child support from their respective ex-spouses or partners?

Here are some guidelines when filing for child support in the Philippines:

  1. The parent seeking child support may opt to seek legal assistance from the Public Attorney’s Office (PAO). Other government agencies that cater to these cases are the Department of Justice and the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
  2. If there is physical violence involved in the case and there is evidence that the family’s safety is in jeopardy, a Protection Order is issued. The children will be in the custody of their mother with an entitlement of support.
  3. Child support cases (and other related cases) shall be filed in the Regional Trial Courts which will serve as the Family Courts for hearing cases.
  4. Support applies for both legitimate and illegitimate children. This includes food, clothing, education, and transportation according to the capacity and resources of the father.
  5. The father’s support for his family is compulsory whether he is married to the children’s mother or not. He hands over the monetary support to the children’s mother if the children live with their mother; otherwise, the father must be able to take the children under his care.

Minors are automatically entitled for support from both parents.

The most important documents you need to have on hand when filing such claims are the PSA Birth Certificates of your children and your PSA Marriage Certificate if you are married to your children’s father or mother. Make sure that all entries in these documents are correct to avoid any technicalities in your case.


Did you know that GSIS offers non-life insurance coverage not just for its members but also for their members’ immediate family, regardless if they are government employees? Yes, they do! Enjoy the most affordable premiums because GSIS does not charge documentary stamps; these are tax free as well.

The insurances are collectively known as GCARE and covers the following:

  1. Fire Insurance (Home Shield)
  2. Motor Vehicle Insurance (Auto Shield)
  3. Personal Accident (My Shield)

Apart from active GSIS members, the following may also avail of the above insurance coverage:

  1. Legitimate spouse of an active GSIS member
  2. Parent/s of an active GSIS member
  3. Legitimate children of an active GSIS member
  4. GSIS retirees and pensioners (regular and survivorship)

What are properties can be covered by the GCARE insurance?

Home Shield. Fire insurance for real and personal properties that do not have government insurable interest. This does not include properties that are mortgaged with Pag-IBIG. Properties covered (residential use):

  1. Residential unit
  2. Condominium unit
  3. Townhouse unit
  4. Apartment unit
  5. Household /business furniture /fixtures/personal effects owned by qualified assureds.

Auto Shield. Motor vehicles except the following:

  1. Public utility vehicles such as taxis, FXs with yellow plate, assembled jeepney with PUJ plates
  2. Motorcycles
  3. Commercial vehicles such as light/heavy delivery dump trucks.

My Shield. Personal Accident Insurance.

  • Death
    • 100% of the principal sum for loss of life
    • Total sum insured but not to exceed P100,000.00
    • Payment for the loss of life indemnity if an accident results to death within 180 days after the date of the accident.
  • Dismemberment and Loss of Sight Indemnity
  • Permanent Total Disability, with:
    • Medical expense reimbursement of 10% of principal sum but not more than P50,000.00 whichever is lower.
    • Bereavement assistance – P10,000.00

Here are the basic documentary requirements that an applicant must have when enrolling for any of the GCARE insurances. Note that additional documents may be required depending on the kind of insurance you are applying for:

For more information, you may call (632) 976-3430 to 31.


The Tax Identification Number or TIN, and all other government-issued IDs such as your SSS, driver’s license, Pag-IBIG, Philhealth, and so on are all very important. As much as possible, you need to have these ready BEFORE you even begin working. Sadly though, how to get these pertinent IDs and numbers are not taught in school. You need to fumble on your own, maybe tag your Mom along, or, if push comes to shove, trust a fixer. Of course you won’t let it get to that.

So here is a practical guide to help you get your very own TIN. This will be required of you when you land your first job so it is best that you get one now before you get too busy with all the other documentary requirements of your employer.

These are lifted from the www.bir.gov.ph website and is focused on Individuals Earning Purely Compensation Income (yes, that’s you!):


Tax Form

BIR Form 1902 – Application for Registration For Individuals Earning Purely Compensation Income, and Non-Resident Citizens / Resident Alien Employee.

Documentary Requirements

  1. PSA Birth Certificate of the applicant or
  2. Passport (in case of non-resident alien not engaged in trade or business);
  3. Waiver of husband on his right to claim additional exemptions, if wife will claim (if you are not married, this does not apply to you);
  4. PSA Marriage Contract, if applicable.
  5. PSA Birth Certificates of declared dependents, if any.

If the husband wants to reacquire from his wife the privilege of claiming the additional exemption for the dependent children, he shall execute a cancellation of the previously-executed waiver of the privilege to claim additional exemptions in favor of his wife, which Notice of Cancellation of Waiver of the Privilege of Claiming the Additional Exemptions shall be filed separately, together with the registration update form, with the RDOs having jurisdiction over the registration of the husband and of the wife.


  1. Accomplish BIR Form 1902 and submit the same together with the documentary requirements to the employer.
  2. The employer shall accomplish the applicable sections of the application form.
  3. Submit BIR Form 1902 to the Revenue District Office (RDO) having jurisdiction over the place of office of the employer where such employee is expected to report for work.


New employees shall accomplish and file the application within ten (10) days from date of employment.


Once you get your TIN, you are officially considered a tax-paying individual and part of your earnings will automatically go to the government’s coffers. Make sure you have a valid TIN before you receive your first month’s salary.

Enjoy the workforce!

First Passport

You’ve been waiting for the perfect time to take your toddler with you on your next out-of-the-country trip and be able to finally take a selfie with him by the Disneyland arch in Hong Kong. His first four years, when he is beginning to become curious with his surroundings but is also already familiar with cartoon characters he sees on TV, is probably the best time to take him on such trips. He hasn’t started school yet so it would be easier to plan trips without worrying about school schedules. Also, his very own passport will serve as his very first I.D., valid and accepted in government and business establishments.

Applying for your child’s first passport is easy. At the DFA in Aseana (Pasay City), you do not even need to get an appointment if your child is seven years old and below. Just make sure that you have all the IDs and supporting documents required by the DFA. Below is an updated list lifted from the www.passport.com.ph

General Requirements:

  1. Confirmed appointment (except for 7 years old and below in DFA Aseana; 1 year old and below in other DFA branches).
  2. Personal appearance of minor applicant.
  3. Personal appearance of either parent and valid passport of parents (if minor is a legitimate child).
  4. Personal appearance of mother and proper ID or valid passport of mother (if minor is an illegitimate child).
  5. Original Birth Certificate of minor in Security Paper issued by the PSA or Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar and duly authenticated by PSA. Transcribed Birth Certificate from the LCR is required when entries in PSA Birth Certificate are blurred or unreadable. Report of Birth duly authenticated by PSA is required if minor was born abroad.
  6. Document of identity with photo, if minor is 8-17 years old (for first time and renewal applicant) such as School ID or Form 137 with readable dry seal.
    • For minor applicants who never attended school, a Notarized Affidavit of Explanation executed by either parent (if minor is a legitimate child) / by mother (if minor is an illegitimate child) detailing the reasons why the child is not in school, is required.
  7. Marriage Certificate of minor’s parents duly authenticated by PSA (for legitimate child).
  8. Original and photocopy of valid passport of the person traveling with the minor.

For the rest of the requirements on different cases of taking a minor on an overseas travel, visit www.passport.com.ph and click on Documentary Requirements.

Enjoy your trip!


Whether it’s for pleasure or business, traveling is most often part of a young urban professional’s annual itinerary. The experiences and opportunities gathered from these trips are otherwise not offered if you remain confined in the four corners of your home or office. It could be disappointing to miss an opportunity to travel, especially if the hindrances are as petty as:

  1. You still don’t have a passport.
  2. You do have one but you’ve let it expire.
  3. You don’t have a visa.

You can easily take care of the first two reasons by simply setting an appointment at www.passport.com.ph. Prepare the necessary documents such as your PSA certified Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if needed), and other supporting papers.  Appear before the DFA branch you set an appointment with and then wait for your passport to be delivered to you.

Getting over the third obstacle though could be quite intimidating.  Preparing the necessary documents and appearing before the interviewer are nerve-racking thoughts but are necessary if you are serious about obtaining a visa for a particular country.

Every Pinoy will have to go through this process; and the earlier you are able to complete the requirements and conquer the dreaded interview, the better!  So to help you prepare for your visa application process, here are five tips from Rappler (http://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/travel/53687-visa-application-tips-travel).

1.File all frequently requested documents in one bag/envelope and label accordingly.

A clear book with sturdy covers can help you organize your documents. Make at least five copies of these documents and make sure that the photocopies are clear so you would not need to photocopy the original while you are at the embassy.

Documents to include in your file are:

  • PSA Certified Birth Certificate
  • PSA Certified Marriage Certificate (if annulled, you will probably need a copy of your Marriage Certificate annotated by the NSO certifying that the marriage was declared null and void).
  • Latest Income Tax Return
  • For business owners, include business permits, business license and (audited) financial statements.
  • Photocopies of previous visas you have been issued (if there are any).
  • ID pictures: Different embassies will have different size requirements, so when you have your picture taken, have the picture reproduced in different size dimensions. You can get one picture taken in the standard 2×2 white background and one in the US visa size and Schengen size. (Note that for all visa requirements, both ears must be shown and women should not be wearing earrings.)
  • Proof of income and ownership such as land titles and or car registration documents.

Your old passports with other visa stamps must also be readily available so keep these in your visa application file folder too.

2. Keep a list of the countries you have visited.

Since most embassies require for a list of the countries you have visited, it is best that you keep track of your travels, including the dates. Do not rely on your memory or pictures in your Facebook timeline! Keep a soft copy of your travel journal and update this each time you travel. Print out your most updated list and bring this with you when you go to the embassy.

3. Make a checklist of the visa application requirements.

Every country has a different set of requirements to be presented to the visa processing center. Visit the embassy’s website and collect the list of requirements for the type of visa that you are applying for in that country. Invest time and effort in making sure that you have the correct list and then, that you have the complete set of requirements on hand.

Other things that you need to pay attention to are fees you need to pay, acceptable denominations (US dollars, Euros, Pesos, etc.), and payment modes (cash, manager’s check, etc.). It is wise to bring the exact change as well since some embassies will not offer change.

Lastly, make sure that you have the correct location of the visa processing center as these change from time to time.

4. Have a standard template for letters of introduction to consuls.

Some embassies require applicants to present a letter of introduction, including therein the purpose of your travel. Create a standard template that you can update whenever you need to apply for a visa.

The letter must have the following information:

  • Header with your name, contact details and if available, your visa application reference number.
  • Reason for travel
  • Duration of stay
  • Mention of other countries you have visited
  • How you will fund your trip
  • Day by day travel itinerary as an attachment

5. Befriend your Travel Agent.

 If you are a frequent traveler, it is best that you find a travel agent that you can trust. He or she can help you save time and effort in booking tickets and hotels, finding the best plane fare deals, and other travel details you may miss.

Your journey towards acquiring a visa can be less stressful with these tips. These do not guarantee that you will be granted a visa.


Did you know that as an SSS and or Pag-IBIG member, you have the option to begin a small investment that is easy on the budget but earns more than when you keep your money in the bank?  Through the SSS PESO Fund and the Pag-IBIG MP2 Program, you can!

I summarized the highlights of both programs to help you decide which would work better for you.  This is highly recommended to those who have only started working and have paid the prescribed number of contributions for their SSS and Pag-IBIG membership.  Remember that this is apart from the regular monthly contributions you make out of your salary.

Read on!

SSS PESO FUND:  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCmHpprbfec)

What is the SSS PESO Fund?

PESO stands for Personal Equity and Savings Option.  It is an own-account voluntary provident fund offered exclusively to SSS members in addition to the Regular Coverage Program.  With a minimal amount of P1,000, an SSS member can activate his PESO account and begin a separate savings account with higher benefits.

Who can avail of the SSS PESO Fund?

  • SSS members who are 54 years old and below;
  • With at least 6 months consecutive contributions in the regular SSS program within the 12-month period immediately prior to the month of enrollment;
  • Self-employed, voluntary, and OFW members should be paying the maximum amount of contributions under the regular SSS program;
  • Have not filed any final claim under the regular SSS program.

How to Apply?

  • Download and fill out the online PF Enrollment Form from the MySSS portal (www.sss.gov.ph)
  • Bring the duly accomplished form to any SSS branch near you.
  • Your membership to the SSS PESO Fund account will be activated as soon as you make your first contribution.

How much to activate my account?

  • A member is allowed to make a maximum of P100,000.00 contribution per year or
  • A minimum monthly contribution of P1,000.00.  Any amount below the minimum contribution amount shall not earn interest and be subject to automatic refund.
  • Payments should be made in multiples of P100.00.

Your contributions to the PESO fund are invested in sovereign guaranteed investments with earnings based on:

  • 5-year T-Bonds
  • 364-day Treasury Bill rates
  • Earnings are tax free
  • Retirement and Total Disability Benefits – this may be paid in monthly pension, lump sum, or combination of both upon contingency.
  • Death Benefits – this shall be paid in lump sum
  • Early Fund Withdrawal – 35% of the equity may be withdrawn.

Pag-IBIG MP2  (http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/pop/mp2.htm)

The MP2 program took effect in 2010, earlier than the SSS PESO Fund.  It is an alternative savings scheme for Pag-IBIG members with an opportunity to earn higher interest rates compared with the Pag-IBIG membership program.

  • Minimum contribution of Php 500.00 per month
  • Terms of 5 years, renewable
  • Flexible dividend rates but always higher than Pag-IBIG 1
  • Contributions and earnings are government guaranteed.
  • You can save as much as you can; unlike with SSS PESO Fund where you are limited to Php 100,000.00 per year.
  • For Voluntary, Self-employed, and OFW members, you need to have paid at least Php 200.00 to your regular Pag-IBIG savings for the month before making your first payment for your MP2.
  • For Employed members, you need to pay at least Php 100.00.
  • You may claim your total MP2 savings and dividends after 5 years.  You may also renew and continue your savings for another 5 years.
  • There is no maximum age limit set by Pag-IBIG for MP2 registration and an individual can have more than one MP2 account.

Similar with the SSS PESO Fund, contributions to the MP2 Program are apart from your monthly PagIBIG contributions.  Earnings from the MP2 are tax-free.  The program is open to non-OFWs and OFWs who are Pag-IBIG members.

If you are interested to begin your own MP2 account, you may enroll online via the Online MP2 Enrollment System, right here: http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/memserv/

Non Visa Countries.jpg

What keeps you from grabbing that airfare promo? You know you want it, why don’t you get it? The most common answer one would get is: Hassle kumuha ng visa!

The Pinoy passport ranks 69th in the world for free entries. This can greatly discourage a first-time traveler from making an effort to apply for a visa in countries that require one. Only the promise of an employment or a family member pledging to pay for your tour can encourage you to step out and apply for that elusive permit to travel.

Oh but it doesn’t have to be that way. If we are to take things from a wider perspective, our Philippine passports give us free access to postcard-worthy islands and beaches, provinces rich in history and culture, centuries-old temples, flea markets and endless food trips in Southeast Asian countries. Places, sites, and experiences that other passport holders may need to pay dearly for to visit. Isn’t that good news? Sure it’s always exciting to travel to a different continent (like the US and Europe) but if you can’t summon the courage, time, and effort to work on your visa just yet, you can always visit our neighboring Asian countries.

To help you decide on which country to visit first, here is a list of visa-free countries for Pinoys I sourced from www.travelbook.ph.

Visa-free (no limits)

  • Colombia (Hello, Ariadna Gutierrez!)
  • Morocco
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (a southern Caribbean nation)
  • Suriname (a quaint country in South America)

Visa-free (limited number of days)

  • Bolivia – Visa-free for 60 days
  • Brunei – Visa-free for 14 days
  • Cambodia – Visa-free for 21 days
  • Costa Rica – Visa-free for 30 days
  • Ecuador – Visa-free for 90 days
  • Hong Kong – Visa-free for 14 days
  • Indonesia – Visa-free for 30 days
  • Laos – Visa-free for 30 days
  • Malaysia – Visa-free for 30 days
  • Peru – Visa-free for 60 days
  • Singapore – Visa-free for 30 days
  • Thailand – Visa-free for 30 days
  • Vietnam – Visa-free for 21 days

Visa-free (limited number of days plus special conditions)

  • Brazil – Visa-free for 90 days
    • for holders of diplomatic, official, and service passports, visa-free for:
      • Duration of tour of duty or
      • 180 days for official business or tourism
  • India – Visa upon arrival valid for 30 days (limited only to New Delhi and Mumbai airports)
  • Israel –
    • Visa-free for tourists (number of days of stay will depend on Immigration)
    • Visa-free for holders of diplomatic and official passports; visa is required for business.
  • Mozambique – Visa upon arrival valid for 30 days.
  • Palau – Visa-free for 30 days, visa upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return/onward plane ticket)
  • Sri Lanka – Visa-free for 30 days, upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return/onward plane ticket)
  • Tuvalu – Visa-free for 30 days, visa upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return/onward plane ticket)
  • Vanuatu – Visa-free for 30 days, visa upon arrival (provided that the Filipino national has a return/onward plane ticket)
  • Zambia – Visa upon arrival:
    • Three months for tourism
    • One month for business

So, who says you can’t travel? All you need is a valid passport (not expiring within the next six months), your suitcase, some cash, and an unquenchable thirst to soak up a foreign, sometimes strange, culture!

Bon voyage!

SSS Contribution Table.jpg

I am sharing the following table of SSS contribution as received from SSS recently.  If you are an employer, it would be wise to have a print-out of this table to serve as a reminder of the deadlines you need to meet in remitting the contributions of your employees.  This is also very helpful for voluntary members, OFWs, and self-employed individuals to stay informed in terms of contributions and record updates.

Be reminded too that as SSS members (and even employers who regularly remit their employees’ contributions), we are now strongly encouraged to have an online SSS account.  This will allow us to transact with SSS remotely, file our claims, benefits, and loans within the comfort of our homes and offices, and check updates in our accounts without having to go to an SSS office.  To create your SSS online account, visit this page: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/registrationPages/memberE1.jsp

Below are the Schedules of Contributions and Due Dates of Contributions tables for our reference:

Schedules of Contributions


  1. The monthly contributions are based on the members’ compensation (please refer to the first column).
  2. The current SSS contribution rate is 11% of the monthly salary credit, not exceeding Php 16,000.
  3. SSS contributions are shared by the employer (7.37%) and the employee (3.63%).
  4. Self-employed and voluntary members pay the full 11% of the monthly salary credit rate (MSC) based on the monthly earnings declared at the time of the registration.
    • Minimum MSC for OFWs is pegged at Php 5,000.00.
    • For non-working spouses, contribution is based on 50% of the working spouse’s MSC but in no case shall it be lower than Php 1,000.00.

Due Dates of Contributions

paymentdeadlines (1).gif

For Employed Members

  1. Payment deadlines help you avoid penalties for late payments on contributions and member loans.
  2. If you are an employee-member, your employer must pay your contributions and member loans monthly in accordance with the prescribed schedule of payment which is according to the 10th digit of the Employer’s ID number.
  3. Late payments will result to penalties and delays in the processing of your benefits and loans.
  4. Frequency of payment is on a monthly basis for business and household employers.

For Self-Employed and Voluntary Members

  1. The prescribed schedule of payment is also being followed, (depending on the 10th or the last digit of the Self-Employed (SE)/Voluntary Member (VM) SS number).
  2. Frequency of contribution of SE and VM can be on a monthly or quarterly basis.  A quarter covers three (3) consecutive calendar months ending on the last day of March, June, September, and December.  Any payment for one, two, or all months for a calendar quarter may be made.

For OFWs

  1. Contributions for the months of January to December of a given year may be paid within the same year.
  2. Contributions for the months of October to December of a given year may be paid on or before the 31st day (or last day ) of January of the succeeding year.

Due Dates of Loan Payments:

Member loan payments must be made monthly following the prescribed schedule of payment which is according to the 10th digit of the SS ID/Number.

Source: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/pages.jsp?page=scheduleofcontribution

Red Ribbon.jpg

If you have plans of working abroad or will be working abroad soon, it is likely that your employers or the embassy of the country you will be working at will require for DFA-certified copies of your school credentials.  This is more commonly referred to as “Red Ribbon” because authenticated documents bear a red ribbon and the dry seal of the DFA.  The most common documents that need authentication are your Transcript of Records, Diploma, Certificate of Graduation, Form 137, and even your PSA Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate (when applicable).

How does one get his or her school credentials authenticated by the DFA?

The entire process begins with the Authentication and Verification of your school, CHED, TESDA, and or the DepEd (whichever is applicable to the student).  Any of these agencies (depending on the school you graduated from – public or private) must issue you a CAV or a Certificate of Authentication and Verification.  This shall mean that the documents you are submitting for authentication by the DFA are certified authentic and verified by the above agencies and by your school.  The CAV shall then form part of the documents to be submitted to DFA for authentication.

Read on for the step-by-step process in authenticating school credentials from a private school.  Please note that public school and state university graduates may inquire at their Registrar’s office regarding document authentication.

How to Red Ribbon College Diplomas and Transcript of Records (TOR)

  1. Prepare three (3) copies of your TOR and diploma.
  2. Submit the copies to your college or university’s Registrar’s Office; they will mark these as certified true copies.
  3. Request for an Authentication Registration Form from your Registrar; fill out the form and other documents the Registrar will give you. Make sure all your entries are written legibly.
  4. Pay the necessary fees; this will depend on your school. After paying, claim the certified true copies of your TOR and diploma.
  5. Proceed to the CHED office in your area and advise that you need your school documents authenticated by the DFA. Submit the copies certified by your Registrar, fill out the application forms, and pay the necessary fees.
  6. You will be given a stub containing the date when may collect your Red Ribboned papers at the DFA.

How to Red Ribbon High School Diploma and Form 137

  1. Prepare two (2) photocopies of your high school diploma; proceed to your school’s Registrar’s Office and advise that you need your diploma to be certified as true copies.
  2. Request for an Authentication Registration Form from your Registrar; fill out the form and other documents the Registrar will give you. Make sure all your entries are written legibly.
  3. Have the following ready as supporting documents for the authentication of your high school diploma and Form 137:
    • Form 137 (student’s permanent records)
    • Certificate of Graduation
    • Diploma
    • Special Order Number (if student graduated from a private school)
    • 2 pcs Passport size photos
  4. When you are sure that you have completed all documentary requirements, proceed to the DepEd office and file the documents you need authenticated by DFA.  You will be given a stub so you would know when you may claim your Red Ribboned documents at the DFA.

Authentication Fees:

  1. Php 100 / document (4 days processing)
  2. Php 200 / document (1 day processing)

Important Reminders:

  1. Unclaimed authenticated documents will be disposed of by the DFA after three (3) months from date of release.
  2. DFA San Fernando Pampanga (Office of Consular Affairs – Authentication Division) now accepts authentication for the following documents:
    • NBI Clearance
    • PSA-issued documents in security paper including CENOMAR
    • Barangay Certification w/ Mayor Certification (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Police Clearance (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Affidavits of Employment, Trainings/Seminars,  and Baptism/Confirmation w/ Regional Trial Court (RTC) Certification (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Other Notarized Documents (SPA, Affidavit of Support and Guarantee, Consent, etc.) with RTC Certification (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Medical Certifications authenticated by DOH.
    • PRC Documents (issued within the NCR, Regions I, II, III and CAR only).
    • LTO License Certification (issued by LTO main office only).
    • Foreign Documents authenticated by the Philippine /Consulate or documents authenticated by Foreign Embassies/Consulates based in the Philippines.
    • School Records (TOR, Diploma, Form 137, etc) w/ CHED, TESDA, or DEP-Ed Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) (issued within the NCR, Regions I, II, III and CAR only).
  3. An applicant may request for authentication through a duly authorized representative.  Make sure that the representative is prepared with the following upon application:
    • Valid ID
    • Signed authorization or SPA from the applicant
    • Photocopy of applicant’s ID bearing the applicant’s signature
    • Photocopy of authorized representative’s ID
  4. In case the document needs further verification, the applicant is advised to file at Authentication Division, Aseana Building, corner Bradco Ave., Macapagal Blvd., Parañaque City.
  5. Liaison Officers of Recruitment Agencies are not allowed to transact authentication services at any Regional Consular Office (RCO).




Mommy Burnout.jpg

In my hunt for topics that are meaningful to parents — official documents, IDs, passports — things that are most often required in children’s schools and other activities, I came across some useful tips for Moms too.  I’m sharing it here for all the Moms out there who need a minute or two of peace and quiet.  Share your tips too!


You know it all too well. You wake up with a nagging headache, you go through the breakfast routines, make sure the kids are up and ready for school, the husband fed and his clothes pressed. By the time the brood is out of the crib, you feel tired already. You sit down with your coffee and tablet and browse through your Facebook timeline. Before you know it, it’s lunch time! You have less than five hours to breeze through all your errands before you need to pick up the kids. And you realize you are still in your pajamas: tired, hungry, and with a string of chores waiting to be done.

All of us are guilty of prioritizing the least important things in our to-do list, mainly because these are the easiest and most fun to accomplish. Anything that requires us to go online is almost always welcome; we call these our “happy-to-be-interrupted” excuses. Checking an email or a text message in the middle of putting away the groceries or waiting for the dryer to sound off would sometimes be the gateway to a 30-minute session on Twitter or Pinterest. And that’s thirty minutes we can never take back.

And then again, there are the habits we have developed over time that have somehow become normal. We thought that as we age, we need less time to sleep and rest. We think we are capable of hurling everything in the washer and get everything – from clothes, to beddings, to curtains and pillows – washed, dried, and neatly piled in closets and drawers.

At the end of the day, we are extremely exhausted; sadly sometimes, irritable and withdrawn from our families.

What are these things that cause you to be tired beyond your capacity as a mom? Let’s find out together and see how we can replace these with more positive activities:

1.Checking your email every time your phone sounds off.

Decided on a specific hour of the day (not upon waking up!) to check and reply to emails; prioritize between urgent and important.

2. Cleaning everything all in a day.

Unless you’re having visitors over, schedule your clean-ups so that you have one or two areas that you will focus on each day. Do not try to clean the whole house, put everything in order, dust, and organize all in one weekend.

3. Reading your Facebook feed when bored or tired.

When you need to cool off from your chores or take a break from running to the grocery store and putting everything away, take a quick nap or read a good book instead of browsing through Facebook. It is filled with links that will encourage you to stray farther and farther from your main goal which is to rest.

4. Not getting enough sleep and waking up too late.

When you were younger, staying up late was pure bliss. Whether spent in the comfort of your room, curled up in bed with a book or a night out with the girls, the evening hours were your best friends. But now that your days are filled with mommy duties, any opportunity to snooze is always welcome. Go to bed early whenever you can; wake up a bit later than usual during weekends. You deserve it.

5. Waking up and checking your email first.

Allowing yourself a few undisturbed minutes in bed after you are fully awake makes a lot of difference; you feel more relaxed and energized. Save your online tasks for later.

6. Lulling yourself to sleep with a game from your tablet or phone.

The same reason why you should not check your email first thing in the morning; you don’t want to go to sleep feeling disturbed and agitated because you failed to meet your goal in that time management game you recently downloaded. Make your room a place of rest and relaxation.

7. Too much junk food in-between meals.

Stock up on cereals and fruits instead. Junk food such as chips are loaded with sodium that promote water retention in the body. You wouldn’t want all that extra baggage with you, do you?

8. Not drinking enough water.

Don’t wait until you are thirsty before you drink water; thirst is the first sign of dehydration. A 700ml drinking bottle will help you monitor your water intake throughout the day better than when you drink with a glass. Three refills of your 700ml bottle ensures that you’ve had at least two liters of fluid for the day.

9. Filling your calendar with too much to-do lists.

Some people feel more in-control when they have endless to-do lists on their planners. But if you can organize your lists to make it easier to read and cross out as you go through your day, that’s better.

10. Leaving the TV on while you do your chores.

Try playing some upbeat music you are familiar to instead of letting the TV drone on the whole morning.

Try these simple tricks daily and see how it can help improve your energy level. Be able to do more without exhausting yourself too much. Always remember to keep a positive spirit before your exit your bedroom every morning.

Until next week, Mommies! Happy weekend!


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 681 other followers

%d bloggers like this: