Tag Archive: nso death certificate

Apr 13 (1)

If birth certificates do not expire, why do we need to secure new copies from the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly National Statistics Office)?

In a recent radio interview, the assistant national statistician of the PSA mentioned the different reasons why Filipinos need to secure new copies of their civil registry records such as birth and marriage certificates.  Below is the list of reasons why you should request for brand new copies of your most important personal documents:

  1. PSA changes the color of the Security Paper they use when printing the birth certificates. All embassies and other government agencies are properly informed of this and therefore, are aware when a person’s birth certificate is an old copy or a new one.
  2. When the maximum number of printouts for a particular color scheme of the Security Paper is reached, the PSA changes the paper used for the birth certificates. This helps discourage the circulation of unauthorized and fake copies of birth, marriage, death, and Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR).
  3. It is the government agencies’ and other offices’ discretion to require brand new copies of PSA documents as a prerequisite for certain transactions. This means that some agencies may still accept certificates printed in old Security Papers, while others may reject these and require the applicants to submit new ones.  This is especially true when the applicant’s copy is dilapidated or when the entries in the document are hardly readable.
  4. You may secure copies of your PSA certificates at any of the six PSA outlets in Metro Manila or by calling the PSAHelpline hotline at 02-737-1111 and have your documents delivered to you instead.

For more information about PSA birth certificate delivery, visit www.psahelpline.ph.




Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


Feb 22

PhilHealth membership is not limited to regularly-employed Filipinos.  In fact, unemployed and self-employed individuals are strongly encouraged to faithfully make monthly contributions to secure their PhilHealth claims in times of emergencies.  Problem is, when a member fails to make a contribution for a month or two, they immediately think that they are no longer qualified to claim from PhilHealth.  Others opt to completely neglect paying their contributions because they think that missing one payment already means that all their other payments have been written off already.

To help everyone understand how the PhilHealth appropriates a member’s contribution, we are sharing the following checklists lifted from PhilHealth’s Facebook page.  These will help you determine if you are eligible for PhilHealth benefits in spite of irregular payments of your monthly contributions.

These checklists follow the 3/6 rule where the required number of monthly premium contributions is at least three (3) months within the immediate six (6) months (or 3/6!) prior to the first day of availment or hospital confinement.  The six-month period is inclusive of the confinement month.

a. If the admission date is: FEBRUARY 21, 2018 and the member’s contributions are as follows:



b. If the admission date is: FEBRUARY 21, 2018 and the member’s contributions are as follows:


THE MEMBER IS NOT ELIGIBLE because the member only paid contributions for 2 months.

c. If the admission date is: FEBRUARY 21, 2018 and the member’s contributions are as follows:


THE MEMBER IS ELIGIBLE because he completed 3 months’ contributions within the immediate 6 months prior to confinement.

d. If the admission date is: FEBRUARY 21, 2018 and the member’s contributions are as follows:


THE MEMBER IS ELIGIBLE because he completed 3 months’ contributions within the immediate 6 months prior to confinement.

e. If the admission date is: FEBRUARY 21, 2018 and the member’s contributions are as follows:


THE MEMBER IS ELIGIBLE because he completed 3 months’ contributions within the immediate 6 months prior to confinement, EVEN IF THESE ARE NOT CONSECUTIVE MONTHS.

f. If the admission date is: FEBRUARY 21, 2018 and the member’s contributions are as follows:


THE MEMBER IS ELIGIBLE because he completed 3 months’ contributions within the immediate 6 months prior to confinement, EVEN IF THESE ARE NOT CONSECUTIVE MONTHS.

Nonetheless, PhilHealth still maintains that all members must remit their contributions faithfully and consistently.  This is the only way you can be assured of your eligibility to claim from PhilHealth.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/PhilHealth/

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



Jan 26

I was never a fan of keeping files as these have the tendency to pile up on my desk over time.  I have developed the habit of just getting what I need when I need it.  However, I realized this may not be a good practice when it comes to personal documents such as my birth certificate, transcript of records from college, and medical files.  Late last year, I was tasked to accompany my mom (who is a senior citizen) to the DFA to renew her passport.  Since she is a senior citizen, she was granted access to the Priority Lane and as her companion, I can have mine renewed on the same day as well.  It would have been the perfect opportunity to accomplish that task when we visited the DFA except that I did not have a copy of my PSA birth certificate.  I watched my mom breeze through the passport renewal process while I sat there, sadly thinking of the long and arduous process of snagging an appointment online and waiting for months for my turn at the DFA – all because I did not have a ready copy of my PSA birth certificate.

I am writing this piece to help shed some light on the importance of keeping your files updated with a ready copy of your personal documents from the PSA.  This is not limited to just birth certificates; married couples need to have a copy of their marriage certificate and every death in the family must be properly registered and documented too.  Keep copies of the PSA death certificates of your elders and other family members; you never know when you might need this for claims and possible inheritances.

Reasons why you need to always have a copy of your PSA birth certificate:

  1. Obtaining a Driver’s License

A driver’s license is one of the top government-issued IDs honored in almost all, if not all, public and private transactions (schools, banks, etc.).  You have to have your own license by the time you turn 21 years old (at least! Although I got mine when I turned 19).  Your PSA birth certificate is a basic requirement when applying for a driver’s license at the LTO.

  1. Applying for your Social Security System (SSS) number and ID

Your SSS number is a basic requirement when applying for a job (fresh graduates).  Again, your PSA birth certificate is a basic requirement, whether you are applying for your SSS number online or are appearing personally at an SSS office.

  1. Getting Married

You cannot get married in the Philippines without a proper Marriage License issued by the city or municipal hall.  In order to be issued a Marriage License, you need to prove that you are of legal, marrying age or if you still need to present your parents’ consent.  They will require a copy of your PSA birth certificate before they process your request for a Marriage License.

  1. Traveling Abroad

Whether you are a first-time applicant or are simply renewing your old passport, you need to present a copy of your PSA birth certificate.  The DFA will keep the original copy (or the copy you obtained from PSA) so make sure to photocopy your birth certificate before heading for your passport interview.  Or better yet, order more than one copy of your birth certificate so you can keep the rest for your files.  Yes, some government agencies require the original, not the reproduced copy.

  1. Bank Transactions

When my nephew turned 10, his parents gifted him with his very first savings account at BDO.  One of the requirements was a copy of my nephew’s PSA birth certificate.  I learned too that in some cases of loan applications, the client is required to submit a copy of his PSA birth and marriage certificate.

  1. School Enrolment

Keeping copies of your children’s PSA birth certificates in your files means one item crossed out from your to-do list during enrolment season.  Schools will always require copies of your child’s birth certificate so never ever be without these documents in your stash.

There are a multitude of other transactions where you may be required to submit a copy of your PSA birth certificates; quite a handful too for marriage and death certificates especially when transacting with a government agency.

You may easily obtain copies of your PSA certificates by ordering online at www.psahelpline.ph.  All you need to do is visit the website and submit a filled-out application form.  You may also pay conveniently with your credit card or visit any of their partner banks and payment remittance centers to secure your orders.  Your PSA certificates will be delivered to your preferred address, stress-free!

If you have questions about your PSA birth certificate, send us a message and we will do our best to find the answers for you.

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


Jan 24 (1)

A basic requirement for passport renewal is the submission of the expired (or expiring passport) so the DFA can cancel its validity.  But what if the old passport has gone missing?

Here’s how you can renew a lost and expired passport:


  • Personal appearance.
  • Confirmed appointment.
  • No need to submit a passport size photo.
  • Submit same documents required for first-time passport applicants.

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS in case the passport was lost and cannot be found:

  • Submit a Notarized Affidavit of Loss (with detailed explanation on when, where, and how the passport got lost).
  • If the lost passport is still valid, submit a Police Report.
  • If available, bring a photocopy of the first page of the lost passport.

Take note that there will be a 15-day clearing period prior to the processing of an application for replacement of a lost valid passport.


  • Submit a Notarized Affidavit of Retrieval (with detailed explanation on when, where, and how passport was found).
  • Original and photocopy of the first and last page of the passport.


  • Submit a Notarized Affidavit of Mutilation (with a detailed explanation of when, where, and how the passport got mutilated or damaged).
  • Original and photocopy of the first and last page of mutilated or damaged passport.


  • Original Travel Document
  • Submit a Notarized Affidavit of Explanation Regarding Issuance of Travel Document (with a detailed explanation of when, where, and why the applicant was issued a travel document).
  • Original and photocopy of the first and last page of canceled passport (if the passport is still in the possession of the applicant).

It is not advisable to pose as a first-time passport applicant if you lost your passport.  The DFA will see your previous passport details anyway and you will be required to submit the same documents (affidavit of loss, etc.) as listed above.  Your appointment will be wasted and you may run the risk of being placed under questionable applications.




Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



When a loved one passes away, family members are suddenly faced with a lot of things that need their time and attention, all at the same time.  One of the most important things they need to accomplish is the registration of death.  This is a pertinent requirement especially when the family needs to claim insurances and other benefits under the name of the deceased; the sooner this is accomplished, the better for the bereaved family.

Death certificates are usually provided by the hospital where the person died; if the person died at home, the family may secure the death certificate from the funeral home/parlor.

Here are the requirements and registration fees when registering a death at the Quezon City Hall:


a. Death certificate that is certified by a licensed medical doctor or the attending physician, and

b. Signature of embalmer and his/her license number.

Registration Fees:

Registration Fee PHP 50.00
Burial Permit PHP 50.00
Transfer to Other Municipality/City PHP 100.00
Entrance from Other Municipality / City PHP 200.00
Exhumation of cadaver PHP 75.00
Removal of cadaver PHP 75.00
Renewal of an old niche (5 years) PHP 500.00
Issuance of Certified True Copy of Death Certificate PHP 40.00
Issuance of Certified True Copy of Death Certificate using Security Paper (SECPA) PHP 60.00

You may submit the documents for death registration at Counter 8 while payments are made at Counters 1 and 2.

Source: http://quezoncity.gov.ph/index.php/qc-services/requirements-a-procedures/261-civilregguide

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


SSS Death Benefits

When an SSS member passes away, his beneficiaries are entitled to claim death benefits from the Social Security System (SSS).  Here is how you can file and claim for SSS death benefits:

There are two types of death benefits paid to beneficiaries of a member:

  1. Pension
  2. Lump Sum Amount

In order for the beneficiaries to claim any of the two, the deceased member must have satisfied the following:

  1. For Pension – must have paid at least 36 monthly contributions before the semester of death.
  2. For Lump Sum Amount – this is granted to the primary beneficiaries of a deceased member who had paid less than 36 months.  In case there are no primary beneficiaries, the benefits may be claimed by secondary beneficiaries.

Who are considered Primary and Secondary beneficiaries?

  1. Primary Beneficiaries
    • Legitimate dependent spouse until he or she remarries.
    • The dependent legitimate, legitimated, or legally adopted child / children.
    • Illegitimate children who are not yet 21 years old.
    • If member is single and without children, the benefits will go to the dependent parents who are considered the secondary beneficiaries.
    • In the absence of both primary and secondary beneficiaries, any other person designated by the member in his / her SSS records shall be considered as the beneficiary.
  2. Secondary Beneficiaries
    • Dependent parents of the deceased SSS member.
    • Designated secondary beneficiaries — must be dependent on the deceased member at the time of the member’s death.

What are the application requirements?

  1. Death Claim Application (SSSForm_Death_Claim)
  2. Affidavit of Death Benefit, if claimant is secondary beneficiary (SSSForm_Affidavit_Death_Claim_Benefits).
  3. Filer’s Affidavit (SSSForms_Sinumpaang_Salaysay)
  4. Other affidavit, whichever is applicable:
    • Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons, if claimant is legal heir or designated beneficiary (SSS Form CLD – 1.3)
    • Application for Appointment as Representative Payee, if claimant is guardian (SSS Form CLD – 15)
  5. Report of Death (SSS Form BPN – 105), if death is work-related.
  6. Claimant’s photo, signature form, and valid IDs.
  7. If claimant is spouse of the deceased, marriage certificate, and birth certificates of minor children (duly certified by NSO/PSA).
  8. If single, the deceased member’s birth certificate and marriage certificate of parents (duly certified by LCR/NSO).
  9. Certified true copy of deceased member’s death certificate.
    • Certified / issued by LCR / NSO, if member died in the Philippines.
    • Issued by vital statistics / census office or equivalent agency and certified by the Philippine Embassy / Consultant, if member died abroad.
  10. For pension – single savings account passbook or ATM card with validated deposit slip of Cash Card Enrollment Form (photocopy and presentation of original for validation).

Please note that the SSS may require additional documents necessary during the processing of the claim.

Claimants may file for death benefits at any SSS branch or representative office.

Source: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/pages.jsp?page=deathapplication



8 (1)

Bonjour!  Mabuhay!

In my last post, I shared the process of reporting and filing a Certificate of Death.  Today, this post will focus on the exceptional cases for the place of registration of death.  Ito yung mga rules in determining the correct Place of Death, lalo na kung ang cause of death ay vehicular accident at in transit ang taong namatay.  Yes, fellow citizens, this is a vital detail in the Certificate of Death.

Before we proceed though, you will notice that I mentioned the two types of certificates of death in my previous post:

  • Municipal Form 103 – Certificate of Death
  • Municipal Form 103A – Certificate of Death (Fetus)

Dalawang klase ang certificates of death dahil iba ang ginagamit para sa mga bagong silang na sanggol na hindi nagtagal ang buhay.  Ayon sa Philippine Statistics Authority, may dalawang paraan para ma-classify ang death ng fetus:

A fetus with an intra-uterine life of seven (7) months or more and born alive at the time it was completely delivered from the maternal womb but died later shall be considered as dead and shall be registered in the Register of Deaths.

However, a fetus with an intra-uterine life of less than seven (7) months is not deemed born if it dies within twenty-four (24) hours after its complete delivery from the mother’s womb.  For statistical purposes, a Certificate of Death shall be prepared in duplicate and a copy of each shall be forwarded to the Office of the Civil Registrar and the Office of the Civil Registrar-General.

On both cases, Municipal Form 103A ang dapat na gamitin sa pag register ng kamatayan ng sanggol.  Magka-ibang magka iba ang mga detalye na hinihingi ng Form 103 at Form 103A kaya’t siguruhing tama ang form na inyong fini-fill-out.

I hope that helps explain the difference between the two Certificate of Death types.

Now, on to the second and final part of our All Saints’ Day feature: Death Certificates.


What are the exceptional cases for the place of registration of death?

  1. Kung ang tao ay namatay sa isang sasakyan tulad ng airplane, ship, o bus habang ito ay in transit within the jurisdiction of the Philippines, ngunit hindi na ma-determine kung saan ang exact place of death, ang Certificate of Death ay dapat ipa-register sa Local Civil Registry (LCR) Office ng city o municipality kung saan ang libing or cremation ng namatay.
  2. Kung ang isang Filipino citizen ay namatay sa barko o eroplano na papuntang Pilipinas at ang exact place of death ay hindi na ma-determine, ang kanyang kamatayan ay dapat ma-register sa LCR Office ng city o municipality kung saan nakatira ang namatay, kung sya ay residente ng Pilipinas.

Kung ang namatay naman ay isang foreigner (not a Filipino citizen) na residente ng Pilipinas, ang kanyang Death Certificate ay dapat ipa-register sa LCR ng lugar kung saan sya nakatira.

Kung ang namatay ay foreigner at hindi residente ng Pilipinas (tourists staying in hotels and resorts, business people staying in hotels), ang kaninlang kamatayan ay dapat ipa-register sa LCR Office ng Manila.

  1. Kung ang cause of death ay vehicular accident, airplane crash, or shipwreck at ito ay nangyari within the jurisdiction of the Philippines at ang lugar kung sasan natagpuan ang biktima ay hindi na ma-determine, ang Health Officer ng lugar kung saan ililibing o cremation ang syang magi-issue ng Certificate of Death. Ito ay dapat mapa-register sa LCR ng lugar ding iyon.
  2. Ang taong namatay sa barko na nasa laot ay dapat ma-rehistro sa LCR Office kung saan sya ililibing.  Kailangan mag present ng Certificate of Death issued by the Health Officer ng lugar kung saan sya ililibing o ng ship doctor, kung meron man.  Kung wala, ang ship captain ang dapat na mag issue ng Certificate of Death at sya na din ang magbibigay ng order for registration of the Death Certificate.
  3. Kung ang biktima ay nalunod at hindi na narecover ang kanyang katawan, ang Certificate of Death ay dapat ma-rehistro sa LCR office sa lugar kung saan sya nakatira bago ang aksidente.
  4. Kung ang nangyari naman ay Mass Death, o isang kaganapan kung saan maraming tao ang namatay dahil sa natural calamities (tulad ng Ondoy), aksidente (tulad ng nangyari sa Ultra nang magkaroon ng stampede), epidemic, etc., ang Health Officer kung saan nangyari ang mass death ang syang magi-issue ng Certificate of Death.  Siya na din ang magpapa rehistro nito sa LCR Office kung saan nangyari ang mass death.

May mga pagkakataon sa mass death kung saan hindi na ma-identify ang mga biktima, lalo na kung na-expose ang mga ito sa tubig at moisture, o matagal bago natagpuan ang mga katawan.  Sa mga ganitong cases, ang Health Officer ay kinakailangang mag submit ng Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons.  Pagkatapos ay kailangan nyang mag issue ng Certificate of Death at ipa rehistro ito sa LCR.  Ang Death Certificate ay dapat lagyan ng annotation na “Body Not Identified”.

What Information shall the Affidavit Contain for Cases of Mass Death?

Ang mga sumusunod na information ang kailangang nakalagay sa Affidavit:

  • sex of the deceased o kasarian;
  • estimated age;
  • distinguishing features o mga pagkaka-kilanlang marks ng biktima (tattoos, birth marks, unique physical features);
  • condition of the body when found;
  • date when the body was found;
  • place where the body was found;
  • circumstances surrounding the death o kung ano ang mga pangyayari na maaaring naging cause of death.

Could be pretty dark, huh?  Well, acquiring an NSO Death Certificate when you need one need not be a morbid experience.  When I needed a copy of my grandfather’s Death Certificate, all I did was place my order online and in less than the promised 3 business days, natanggap na namin yung copy.  Ang laking tulong dahil naghahabol kami ng deadlines ng bank for our claims during that time.

All we did was logon to www.nsohelpline.com.  You can also call their hotline at (02) 737-1111; same ease and convenience.

As always, I would recommend that you share these information to your friends and loved ones.  It may seem morbid at first but hey, it’s a reality that we all must face at one point.  We might as well come prepared, diba?

Sharing is caring, folks!

8 (1)

Bonjour!  Mabuhay!

Once again, the time to commemorate our dearly departed is upon us.  A lot of us are looking forward to visiting the our families and friends that have gone before us, spend time at cemeteries and memorial parks, and even hold mini family reunions.  Too bad, ang All Saints’ Day this year fell on a Sunday.  That means, no long weekend for us.

Pag dumadating ang All Saints’ Day, naiisip ng marami ang isang malaki at hindi maiiwasang katotohonan na tayo at ang ating mga mahal sa buhay ay papanaw, sooner or later.  Bawat isa sa atin ay makaka experience kung pano maiwanan ng kapamilya o kaibigan; at kasama nyan ang mga documentary processes na kailangang asikasuhin kapag tayo ay namatayan.

Ang una at pinaka importanteng document na kailangang ma-accomplish right after a loved one’s passing ay ang Death Certificate.  Tulad ng Birth at Marriage certificates, kailangang masiguro na tama ang lahat ng entries na naka declare sa Death Certificate.  Unlike when filling out Birth and Marriage certificates na kadalasan masaya ang taong naglalagay ng information sa form, ang pag fill out ng Death Certificate ay isa na sa pinaka malungkot na activity na kailangan mong gawin at least once sa buhay mo.

That is why, gusto kong i-share sa inyo ang aking research on the things we need to pay attention to when filling out a Death Certificate.  You may want to bookmark this page; you never know when you might need it.

Municipal Form No. 103 or Certificate of Death

According to the Philippine Statistics Authority website (www.psa.gov.ph), a Death Certificate is an official document setting forth particulars relating to a dead person, including the name of the individual, the date of birth, and the date of death.

There are two types of Municipal Form 103:

Form 103 – Certificate of Death

Form 103A – Certificate of Fetal Death

A copy of the form may be obtained from the municipal or city hall; if the person died in a hospital, the Death Certificate form will be provided by the hospital.

What are the Reglementary Period and Place of Registration of Death?

Registration of death shall be made in the office of the Civil Registrar of the city/municipality where the death occurred within thirty (30) days from the time of death.  (Sec. 5, P.D. 651)

Who are responsible to report the event of death?

  1. Ang doctor o physician na syang huling nag-attend sa pasyente bago ito namatay ang syang may responsibilidad na mag certify ng cause of death.  Ang accomplished Death Certificate ay kailangan ma-forward within 48 hours ng pagkamatay, sa health officer.  Ang health officer ang mage-examine ng Certificate of Death, pipirma, at magbibigay ng order para mapa-register ito sa Office of the Civil Registrar..
  2. Kung hindi naman sa hospital namatay, ang kamag-anak na nakaka-alam ng pagkamatay ang syang dapat na mag report nito within 48 hours.  Ang health officer ang syang mage-examine sa namatay at syang mag-certify ng cause of death.  Sya na din ang magbibigay ng order para ma-register ang Certificate of Death sa Office of the Civil Registrar within the reglementary period of thirty (30) days.
  3. Kung ang pagkamatay ay nangyari sa isang sasakyan tulad ng bus, kotse, airplane, ship, ang driver, piloto, o kapitan ng barko ang syang dapat mag report ng kamatayan sa health officer.  Kung walang survivor sa vehicular accident (plane crash, car crash, bus collisions, shipwreck), ang may-ari ng mga sasakyang nabanggit ang syang dapat mag report ng kamatayan.
  4. In case walang health officer na available (day off, on leave, holiday), ang kamatayan ay maaaring ma-report, within 48 hours, sa mayor, municipal secretary at sila ang magi-issue ng Certificate of Death for burial purposes.
  5. Ang mayor, o sino mang miyembro ng Sangguniang Bayan, o ang municipal secretary ang syang pipirma sa medical certification portion ng Certificate of Death.  Ito ay tatanggapin ng Civil Registrar for registration basta masiguro lang na ang Certificate of Death at ang Register of Deaths ay may remarks na “registration was made pursuant to Section 91 of P.D. No. 856”.

Processing important documents when you are in a state of grief can be stressful.  Madalas din, ito ang dahilan kung bakit nagkakamali tayo sa pag lagay ng mga details sa documents.  Maaari nang maiwasan ito with the guide I provided.  This was taken from the Philippine Statistics Authority website (www.psa.gov.ph), simplified for our quick reference.

It can be very disappointing when you receive a copy of the Death Certificate and realize na may errors pala.  Madalas pa naman, ang Death Certificate ay required for claims kaya mahirap talaga kung may corrections dahil pwede itong maging cause of delay.  By the way, I have personally tried ordering a copy of a Death Certificate through www.nsohelpline.com.  Honestly, it is probably the only “easy” thing I had to go through in the entire process of losing a loved one.  Did you know na pwedeng ipa deliver sa bahay or office ang copy ng NSO Death Certificate? Simply call their hotline at (02) 737-1111 or visit their website at http://www.nsohelpline.com.

In my next post, I will share what I have researched on the exceptional cases for the place of registration of death.  This, too, is a vital part of the certificate.  Check in here every now and then for my succeeding posts.

Meantime, don’t forget to share this with your relatives and friends.  Sharing is caring, folks!


Bonjour!  Mabuhay!

In my last post, we covered the requirements for Church Weddings.  Today, we are going to talk about Civil Wedding requirements and procedures for those who opt for the cheaper, faster, and more convenient way of getting married.

Ang list of requirements na ito ay para sa mga magpapakasal na parehong Filipino citizens.  May pagkakaiba ang requirements kung ang isa sa ikakasal ay foreign national.  I will post a separate research on that case soon.

Read on:

1. Marriage license.

2. Certified True Copy of Baptismal Certificate or Birth Certificate of BOTH parties.

As mentioned in our post on Church Wedding requirements, maaaring matagalan ang release ng iyong Baptismal Certificate lalo na kung hindi pa digitally filed ang mga kopya sa parish kung saan ka bininyagan.  As an alternative, pwede naman na NSO Birth Certificate ang iyong i-submit.

Mas mabilis ang NSO Birth Certificate because all you have to do is order for a copy online at www.nsohelpline.com or tumawag sa (02) 737-1111.  They can deliver your copies to your home or office in two to three working days.

3. Community tax certificates (CEDULA) of both applicants.

4. 1 ID photo of each applicant (colored background or black and white).

5. Certificate of Attendance to a wedding seminar.  Unlike the Pre-Cana/Marriage Preparation Seminar mentioned in my last post (Church Wedding Requirements), this pre-marriage counseling is hosted by the city hall; it also covers family planning.  Your attendance to this seminar is required before your marriage license can be released.

6. Letter of Intent to Marry.  Include your name and your fiance’s name, your signatures, and your suggested wedding dates.

Other Requirements:

  • Kung biyudo/biyuda ang isa sa ikakasal, kailangan mag submit ng Certified True Copy of Death Certificate of deceased spouse.

  Tulad ng NSO Birth Certificate, pwede mo na din itong ipa deliver na lang para makatipid ka sa oras.  You can order     for a copy online by logging on to www.nsohelpline.com or tumawag ka sa hotline na (02) 737-1111.

  • If divorced or annulled, a copy of Final Decree of Absolute Divorce or Court Decision and Absolute Decree of Finality from the court.

As always, sa mga ganitong preparations, whether sa simbahan or civil rites ang kasal, kailangang maagap tayo, lalo na sa mga documentary requirements.  Last-minute preparations can be costly and might even be the cause of the occasion’s delay.

Bookmark this page for future reference.  Sharing is caring, folks!

Bonjour. Mabuhay.

If your NSO certificate is registered late. Here are some pointers that might be useful for you.

The National Statistics Office has guidelines for birth, marriage, and death certificates that have delayed registration. A report of a vital event made beyond the reglementary period is considered delayed.

Posting of the Pending Application

1.       A notice to the public on the pending application for delayed registration shall be posted on the bulletin boards of the city or municipality for a period of not less than ten (10) days. (47a)

2.       If after ten (10) days, no one opposes the registration, the civil registrar shall evaluate the veracity of the documents submitted. (48:1a)

3.       If after proper evaluation of all documents presented and investigation of the allegations contained therein, and the civil registrar is convinced that the event really occurred within the jurisdiction of the civil registry office and that said event has not been registered, he shall register the delayed report thereof. (48:2a)

4.       The civil registrar, in all cases of delayed registration of birth, death, and marriage, shall conduct an investigation whenever an opposition is filed against a registration. He shall take the testimonies of the parties concerned and of the witnesses in the form of questions and answers. After investigation, the civil registrar shall forward his findings and recommendations to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General for appropriate action. (57:11a)

5.       The Civil Registrar-General may, after review and proper evaluation, deny or authorize the registration. (57:2a)

Recording of Delayed Registration

In every case of delayed registration of birth, death, marriage, and other registrable documents, the entry in the civil registry book and the registry number transcribed on the certificate of vital event shall be in red ink. The remarks “Delayed Registration” shall be written on the upper right hand margin of the certificate and the “Remarks” portion of the registry book. (56a)

Duty to File a Complaint with the Prosecutor’s Office

In every case of delayed registration, the civil registrar shall file a complaint with the city or provincial prosecutor’s office for appropriate action under Section 17, Act No. 3753. The action filed in court by the prosecutor against the party for failure to register shall not suspend or stop the registration, neither should it be a ground for refusal by the civil registrar to register the delayed report of birth, death, marriage, or any registrable document. (55a)

%d bloggers like this: