Tag Archive: NSO Marriage Certificate Delivery

08 - 31

They say the greatest gift your father can give you is his name.  However for women, their father’s names get replaced with their husband’s when they marry.  They embrace the heritage that comes with their new last name and become associated with the husbands’ family tree.

Do women have the option to keep their father’s names after they get married?

The answer is yes.  In reality, marriage only requires a woman to change her civil status, not her name.

You can find the answer in Article 370 of the Civil Code, where a married woman’s options regarding using her husband’s last name are enumerated:

A married woman may use:

  1. Her maiden first name and surname and add her husband’s surname, or
  2. Her maiden first name and her husband’s surname or
  3. Her husband’s full name, but prefixing a word indicating that she is his wife, such as “Mrs.”

The law does not mandate women to change their last name to their husband’s after getting married.  She just has to be consistent with the choice she makes, whether to keep her maiden name, her husband’s last name, or as a Mrs. Husband’s First and Last Name.

Updating your civil status is a different matter and is something you have to accomplish a few weeks or months after your wedding.  Most women prefer to wait until they have a copy of their marriage certificate, which is released by the PSA (formerly NSO) three to six months after the wedding.  Nonetheless, it is an errand that every newly married lady must accomplish.

The government IDs and forms that you need to update with your married civil status are:

  1. BIR Records
    • Secure a BIR Form 2305 – If there’s one document that you need to update, it is your tax documents because then, you get to enjoy certain incentives that are available only to married citizens.
  2. Social Security System
    1. Go to the SSS website and download a copy of the Member’s Data Change Request.
    2. Fill out the downloaded document and submit this personally at any SSS office.
    3. You may also update your list of beneficiaries.
  3. Philhealth
  4. Pag-IBIG
    • Click on Update Registration Information using the Pag-IBIG Membership ID Number (MID Number).

Passports, Voter’s IDs, and Postal IDs may be updated at a later time as these do not require you to declare your civil status.  Just be consistent with the name that you use in all of your IDs to avoid confusion and ineligibility in your future claims from these government agencies.

Again remember, changing your name after getting married is an option, not a requirement.  Only your civil status has to be updated.

Sources and References:


Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


06 - 20 (1)

After getting married, the next thing the couple needs to attend to are the updating of their IDs and other public documents, from their old civil status to that of married.  For women, they also have the option to change their maiden last name and begin using their husband’s last name in their IDs and government documents.  Take note that changing the woman’s last name is not mandatory; women have the option to keep their maiden last name for as long as they want.

To help newlyweds get started on this rather daunting task, we are sharing the following information, requirements, and processes involved in updating your marital status and changing your last name:


  1. Bring a photocopy of your PSA Marriage Certificate and the original for verification.
  2. Advise the customer service personnel that you wish to change your marital status; you should be given a blank Membership Form.
  3. Your marital status should be accomplished while you wait; you will also be issued a new Philhealth ID.
  4. This can be done at any Philhealth office or satellite office.
  5. Updating of status and changing of name is free of charge.

II. Bank Records

  1. Bring a copy of your PSA Marriage Certificate; bank personnel normally photocopy the documents within bank premises.
  2. Bring valid IDs.  Banks like BDO and Eastwest prefer IDs that already bear your married name.
  3. Advise bank teller that you want to update your marital status and change your last name.  Most banks do not charge any fees for such updates.


  1. Bring the original and photocopies of your PSA Marriage Certificate and valid IDs.
  2. Advise frontline personnel that you wish to update your marital status and last name.  You will be given an MCIF (Members Change of Information Form) for you to fill out.
  3. This can be done at any Pag-IBIG branch office near you.
  4. Updating your information is free of charge but if you wish to get a Loyalty Card, prepare Php 100.00.
  5. Updating of member’s information can be accomplished while you wait.


  1. If you are employed, advise your employer that you wish to update your SSS data.  You will be given a Member’s Data Amendment Form (E4).  Fill it out and submit to your HR.
  2. Attach a photocopy of your PSA Marriage Certificate, SSS, ID, and an authorization letter for your employer to process this on your behalf.
  3. Updating your SSS details is free of charge but requesting for a new ID (UMID) will cost you Php 300.00.  The new ID may take a two to three months before it is issued to you.

V. Passport

  1. Confirmed appointment date and time; you may secure an appointment online at www.dfa.gov.ph
  2. Download a copy of the form online, accomplish it in your handwriting, but do not sign until you are in front of a DFA personnel.
  3. Get a complete list of required documents and IDs from the DFA website; double-check that you have all requirements on the day of your appointment.

VI. Driver’s License

  1. Bring the original and photocopy of your PSA Marriage Certificate and your current or expired license.
  2. Submit a duly accomplished Application for Driver’s License.
  3. This may be done at any LTO branch and should be accomplished within the day.  Be at the office early.







Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen




A marriage license must be issued to a couple who intend to get married anywhere in the Philippines.  Even if you are marrying a foreign national, you still need to secure a marriage license.  Once issued, a marriage license is valid within 120 days and will automatically be cancelled at the expiration of 120 days.

Here is the list of documents when applying for a marriage license at the Quezon City Hall.  After the wedding rites and all documents have been duly signed by the couple and their witnesses, the certificate of marriage must also be submitted to the Local Civil Registry of the Quezon City Hall to have the marriage registered.


Applicants may submit the documents under numbers 1 and 2 to Counters 10 and 11 at the Quezon City Hall.

    • Birth Certificate of both applicants or
    • Baptismal Certificates of both applicants;
    • If widowed, present a copy of the Death Certificate of deceased spouse;
    • If previous marriage was annulled, present a copy of the Court Decision and absolute Decree of Finality from the Court;
    • Community Tax Certificates of both applicants;
    • One ID Photo (colored or black and white) of each applicant;
    • Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling.
    • Applicant’s valid passport;
    • Certificate of legal capacity to marry issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials;
    • If foreigner applicant is divorced, present a copy of Final Decree of Absolute Divorce;
    • Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling and Responsible Parenthood.
  3. Fees
    • Application Form – PHP50.00
    • Filing Fee – PHP 100.00
    • Marriage License Fee – PHP100.00
    • Registration of Marriage Certificate – PHP70.00
  4. Registration of Certificate of Marriage: Make 4 copies of the registration to be distributed as follows:
    • First copy – Local Civil Registry
    • Second copy – OCRG-NSO
    • Third copy – Solemnizing Officer or the Church
    • Fourth copy – For the couple


  • There is no age limit for Family Planning.
  • Couples who are 24 years old and below need to attend the Family Planning Sessions and Marriage Counseling seminar.
  • These sessions are scheduled for one-half day within the premises of the City Hall.  You may inquire at counters 8, 9, and 10 for the details of the seminars and family planning sessions.
  • Applicants below 21 years old need parental consent; applicants between 21 to 25 years old need advice from parents.
  • The Marriage License will be released after 10 days  after the application was filed.
  • Marriage licenses are released by the Quezon City hall everyday but only up to 4:00PM.



Other related articles:

  1. The Manila City Hall Series: How To File For Correction of Date and Place of Marriage on Your Birth Certificate.
  2. How to Secure a Marriage License at the Manila City Hall
  3. Problems on NSO Marriage Certificate: No Signature of Married Couple
  4. Problems on NSO Marriage Certificate: No Entry on the Date of Marriage

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


No Signature of Couple

A marriage certificate cannot be considered valid if any of the parties involved fail to sign the document.  In all of the civil wedding rites I have witnessed, the solemnizing officer requests the marrying couple and their sponsors to go over the marriage certificate carefully and take all the time they need to make sure that all entries in the document are clearly written and all fields and copies requiring their signatures are properly signed.

All these are vital in order to seal the veracity of the marriage certificate.

What must you do in case your copy of the PSA marriage certificate lacks the necessary signatures required to make the document authentic?

Mona and Luis got married rather too early and under pressing circumstances.  It was the usual story of a young love gone awry because of unplanned pregnancy and the stress of admitting their situation to their parents.  Sadly though, after their civil wedding, Mona had a miscarriage and lost the baby in her womb.

Their relationship went downhill from there until Mona had no other choice but to move back in with her parents.  She and Luis had not had communication for three years straight; they would only hear about each other from common friends.  When Mona began working in a contact center, she met JC and fell in love.  Three years later, JC proposed to marry her and she eagerly said “Yes!”

At the onset of her relationship with JC, Mona disclosed everything about her past, especially her marriage to Luis.  JC offered to help finance her annulment so she would be legally free to marry again.  They sought the services of a lawyer who gave them the list of documents they need to submit in order to officially begin the annulment process.

Mona ordered copies of her birth and marriage certificates as these were primary on her list.  When she received the documents, she was oddly surprised to find that Luis did not sign the marriage certificate.  She reviewed the document over and over and could not find any other entry there that could pass for Luis’ signature.  On the “contracting party” fields, her and Luis’ names were typewritten and only her name had a signature above it.

This made her think.  If their marriage certificate lacked her husband’s signature, does it make the document invalid and therefore, their marriage, null and void?

When they showed the marriage certificate to their lawyer, they were advised to first seek the counsel of the Local Civil Registry office where their marriage was registered.  If the LCR can confirm that their copy of Mona and Luis’ marriage certificate is essentially “invalid” because the groom failed to sign the document, then they can look forward to a smooth and fast conclusion of the annulment.  For the first time in her life, Mona hoped that Luis’ attempt to fool her was successful.

Upon inquiring at the LCR however, Mona was informed that the copy they have on file has the complete set of signatures, both hers and Luis’, including those of the witnesses and the solemnizing officer’s.  They showed her the copy and offered to endorse a certified photocopy to PSA for proper certification.

Turns out that Mona and Luis were legally married and in order for her to marry again, she would have to work on the annulment process and hope that she be granted the legal right to re-marry soon.

Source: https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/no-signatures-contracting-parties-replacement-nso-copy



No Date of Marriage

It pays to carefully review our civil registry documents to make sure that all entries are accurate and clearly printed on the form.  Should there be entries needing correction, it is best to act on it as soon as possible as these corrections take time.  It would be a shame to miss out on opportunities simply because your birth or marriage certificate is not 100% accurate as required by most government and private establishments that we regularly transact with.

Our story for today is about a lady whose ardent dream is to travel to the U.S. and experience winter in the East Coast.  Melissa finally got her wish when her husband, Greg, announced that he has secured them an appointment at the DFA so they can renew their passports and then fly out to the U.S. in time for Christmas.  She was beyond ecstatic!

Melissa and Greg have only been married for less than two years and Melissa still uses her maiden name on her passport.  Since they are renewing their passports, she decided to include changing her maiden name to her married name.  They prepared all the necessary documents, their old passports, and other requirements needed for the passport renewal.

While waiting for their turn at the DFA, Greg noticed that the PSA marriage certificate he was holding did not have an entry in the date field.  There was no date indicated as to when he and Melissa got married.  He asked Melissa to check the copy in her file, the date of marriage field is also blank on the document she was holding.

Their worst fears were confirmed when they were told that renewing Melissa’s passport to reflect her married name may not be possible at this time because the marriage certificate they are presenting lacked the said detail.  She can still have her passport renewed but her maiden name shall be retained.

Melissa’s case, although alarming, can be remedied by filing a supplemental report at the city or municipality where her marriage with Greg was registered.  The following documents must be presented upon filing the petition:

  • Affidavit of Supplemental Report on missing entries
  • Copy of the Marriage Certificate from the PSA

Fees and other details related to these types of cases may be inquired at the Local Civil Registry office where the parties will be filing the supplemental reports.  While the first corrected copy of the PSA marriage certificate may be claimed by Melissa and Greg at the nearest PSA office.

Once they have the corrected copy of their marriage certificate, Melissa can have her name on her passport changed to her married name.

Source: https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/no-entries-some-items-certificate-marriage



All the details reflected on your NSO Marriage Certificate (now PSA Marriage Certificate) are vital in proving the validity of your and your spouse’s union.  Should there be items that were omitted or overlooked while filling out the document, make sure to attend to these right away to avoid any delays in your future transactions like updating your IDs, passports, and bank accounts.

Conrad and Annie are a young couple who recently moved out of their parent’s house in Ilocos to begin life on their own in Manila.  Conrad is a banker while Annie used to be a pre-school teacher.  She voluntarily gave up her profession so she can focus on their baby and tend to their home.

Being the sole breadwinner for his family, Conrad invested on a health insurance for Annie and their baby so they would not need to worry about their finances when someone gets sick and needs to be taken to the hospital.  When he submitted their documents to the insurance firm, he was advised to double check their marriage certificate as the date and place of their marriage seem to be missing.

Going over the document, he realized that the fields for the date and place of marriage were not necessarily blank; it looked more like whatever were written on the blanks were smudged beyond recognition.  Conrad called Annie and asked her to check the other copies she had on file; unfortunately though, all copies had the same smudgy marks on the said fields.

The insurance firm would not proceed with his transaction until he is able to present a clearer copy of his marriage certificate.  Without the document, it would be difficult to prove that he and Annie are married and that she is qualified to be his primary dependent and beneficiary.

The couple packed their bags and took a long drive to Laoag City, where they were married.  They proceeded to the Local Civil Registry office where their marriage was registered and requested for a clearer copy of their certificate of marriage.  Sadly though, even the copies kept by the LCR were blurry and unreadable.

Based on the Philippine Statistics Authority’s (www.psa.gov.ph) website, if the LCR’s copy of the marriage certificate is also unreadable, the document must be “reconstructed” following the couple’s submission of a duly accomplished LCR Form No. 3A.  The LCR will facilitate the reconstruction of their document so they can get a clearer copy later on.  The fees shall be determined by the municipal office and the requesting parties will be advised as to how long the process will take before they can get a clear copy of their document.

Source: http://www.census.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/blurredunreadable-entries


Incorrect Date of Marriage

What are the consequences of wrong information on official documents such a child’s certificate of live birth?  How can these be corrected?

Dindo and Karen were childhood sweethearts who got separated while they were attending college in different provinces.  When they began working in Manila, their paths crossed again and this time, Dindo did not waste time and asked for Karen’s hand in marriage.  They got married in civil rites and in about five months, announced that they were expecting their first child.

One year into their marriage, Karen gave birth to a healthy baby girl.  Dindo accomplished the certificate of live birth at the hospital, wrote down all the details needed including the date of their marriage the year before that.

In 2014, their daughter turned six years old, ready to begin pre-school.  Both parents were excited to enroll her at the neighborhood Montessori.  Karen was given a list of required documents for submission and foremost were copies of the child’s PSA birth certificate and the couple’s PSA marriage certificate.  Karen ordered for copies of the said documents and was oddly surprised to find out that the PSA does not have a record of their civil wedding.

They did not bother to check with the solemnizing officer who married them six years ago.  Instead, they got married again and this time, made sure that their papers were duly submitted to the PSA for proper certification.  Before the year ended, they got hold of a copy of their PSA-certified marriage certificate.  At last, they can enroll their daughter to school!

Or so they thought.  The headmistress of the school pointed out that the date of their marriage on their child’s birth certificate does not agree with the date on their marriage certificate.  And although they are not refusing the child’s enrollment, the couple needs to submit the correct copies of their documents before the school year ends.

So what should Karen and Dindo do in order to get their family’s civil registry documents corrected and aligned?

As in any other case of Negative Certification (issued by the PSA if your requested civil registry document does not appear in their files), Karen and Dindo need to check with the solemnizing officer who married them six years ago and find out if he had submitted their documents to the LCR of that city / municipality.  If he did, they need to check with the LCR if they have the copy and request that the LCR endorse a copy to the PSA for the necessary certification.

But how about their subsequent marriage?  Will this have an effect on the integrity of their existing civil registry documents?

The details of the couple’s first marriage, after LCR has endorsed the documents to the PSA for proper certification, shall be followed in all of their other documents, including their child’s birth certificate.  Their second marriage is considered a “renewal of vows” but its details (date, place) shall not supersede the details of their first marriage.

Source: https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/negative-result-or-no-record-nso


Divorce sa Tate.jpg

Unlike other guys his age, Rey was never attracted to the promise of “greener pastures” in the United States.

He loved the laid back feel in the city of pines and he intends to stay after graduating from college. He has simple dreams of settling down in Baguio, to teach at the university where he is now majoring in Education, and regularly play with the acoustic band he formed a couple of years ago. He was looking forward to a quiet and uncomplicated adult life, a far cry from the one he had growing up in San Andres Bukid in Manila.

But as luck would have it, Rey’s long – time girlfriend, Beth, got pregnant a few months before they were set to graduate. When their parents found out, they were told to get married right away to “save face”; it was the classic “what will people say?” dilemma.

So in a haste, they processed all the necessary documents like birth certificates, certificate of singleness (CENOMAR), and secured a marriage license. Rey and Beth were married in Catholic rites at the St. Joseph Church in Pacdal, Baguio City. In less than seven months, Beth gave birth to a healthy baby boy they named Joshua.

A few months after giving birth, Beth, a natural born U.S. citizen, broached the idea of settling in the United States as soon as Joshua is big enough to be flown out of the country. Apparently, Beth was in the Philippines only to gain a college degree as this could be pretty expensive in the U.S. Her plan was to go back to the U.S. right after graduation; she was set to join her uncle’s software firm in Texas. Now that she is married with a child, she wanted to pursue her plans, with husband and baby in tow.

Beth’s suggestion did not sit well with Rey. He had his own dreams of settling down in Baguio and living the “simple, country life”. No one was ever going to uproot him from Baguio; not his young, idealistic wife and no, not even the promise of “greener pastures” in America.

It did not take long for the couple to decide on their fate. Beth will fly back to the U.S. with baby Joshua while Rey stays behind. They will try to raise their family apart and see if it will work. If not, Beth will file for a divorce so both of them would be free to pursue their separate lives.

Rey’s siblings were shocked to find out about his decision. While some would pay for a U.S. citizen to marry them so they can be granted a visa to legally stay and work in the U.S., Rey was practically giving his away. How could he?

Beth and Joshua left for Texas two days after Joshua turned one. Rey was devastated. There were days when he would ask himself if he made the right decision. He would spend hundreds of pesos on phone cards just to hear his son’s blabber from thousands of miles away. He thought he would never survive.

He saved up enough to buy a two-way plane ticket to be with Joshua on his second birthday. His son barely recognized him; Joshua kept crying for his mom when Rey tried to hug and kiss him for the first time in a year.

Rey’s visit helped him and Beth sort things out between the two of them. They both decided that the best way to get on with their lives and pursue their dreams is to go their separate ways. Beth promised Rey that he is free to visit Joshua anytime and that she would make sure to take their child on regular vacations to the Philippines so he could get to know Rey’s side of the family. Beth filed for divorce and had all papers signed by Rey before he left for the Philippines. Beth’s lawyer also requested Rey to sign documents to permit Joshua to travel alone with his Mom as his sole guardian in the U.S. Rey received the divorce papers eight months later.

Fast forward to fifteen years later, Rey met and fell in love with a fellow professor, Mia. Two years into their relationship, Rey proposed and asked for Mia’s hand in marriage. At first, they thought that Rey still needed to file for an annulment of his and Beth’s marriage in the Philippines in order to marry Mia. Their friends told them that Rey’s divorce in the U.S. is not recognized in the Philippines.

But Rey’s lawyer advised him of Article 26 of the Family Code; he only needed to file his divorce papers at the Regional Trial Court in Baguio City (where he resides) in order to get his PSA Marriage Certificate annotated properly. Turns out, he only needed to obtain a Judicial Recognition of Foreign Divorce Decree from a Philippine court in order to marry Mia. He did just that and in a few months, happily tied the knot in a civil wedding ceremony in Baguio City.

Rey and Mia have been married for three years now and are expecting their first baby. Joshua, Rey’s son by his first marriage, just recently turned 16 and will be traveling to the Philippines to visit his dad and hopefully, to meet his new baby sister. He is also planning to stay in the Philippines and study in the same university where his parents met 16 years ago.


Philippine passport holders are required to secure a visa in order to tour the beautiful and fascinating country of South Korea.  To some, this may sound daunting because of all the documents and IDs that you need to prepare.  But to those who have paid the country a visit at least once, they agree that South Korea is worth all the preparations.

Why don’t you find out for yourself?  You might be surprised to know that securing a visa to South Korea is not as discouraging as you might think.


The rule of thumb is to apply for your visa as early as you can; at the very least, one to two months before your planned trip.  This should give you enough elbow room to prepare all the documents you may need minus the stress.  A common feedback from tourists is that you have very little to worry about for as long as your documents are complete so it is best to invest time and effort in this department.

Here is the list of documents that Employed, Self-Employed, and Student/Minor applicants need to prepare

  • Duly accomplished copy of the Visa Application Form.  Make sure that all fields are filled out legibly and accurately.  If some fields are not applicable, write N/A.
  • 3.5cm x 4.5cm colored passport photo taken against plain white background.  Paste this on your Visa Application Form.
  • Your Philippine Passport with at least six months remaining validity.  Remove the passport from its jacket or holder before submission.
  • Photocopy of passport bio page (page where your photo and personal information can be found).
  • Original and photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past five years (only if applicable; Korean visas will not be counted).  Not sure if the country is a member of OECD?  Check here!

Additional Requirements

These requirements depend on your employment status.

For Employed Applicants

  • Original Certificate of Employment printed on your company’s letterhead.  The letter must bear the following details:
    • Applicant’s designation/position
    • Date hired
    • Compensation
    • Office address
    • HR landline number (mobile phone numbers are not allowed)
    • HR Email Address
  • Original Personal Bank Certificate.  The following details must be included:
    • Account type
    • Current balance
    • Account opening date
    • ADB
  • Bank Statement
    • Original or Certified True Copy of bank statements/passbook for the last three months.
  • ITR or Form 2316 copy
  • Copy of PRC or IBP card (if applicable)

For Self-Employed Applicants

  • Photocopy of Business Registration from SEC or DTI.
  • Photocopy of Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit.
  • Original Personal Bank Certificate.  The following details must be included:
    • Account type
    • Current balance
    • Account opening date
    • ADB
  • Bank Statement
    • Original or Certified True Copy of bank statements/passbook for the last three months.
  • Photocopy of ITR or Form 2316

For Students and Minors

  • Original School Certificate
  • Photocopy of School ID
  • Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate of applicant
  • Parents’ Documents:
    • If parents are employed:
      • Original Certificate of Employment printed on your company’s letterhead.  The letter must bear the following details:
        • Parents’ designation/position
        • Date hired
        • Compensation
        • Office address
        • HR landline number (mobile phone numbers are not allowed)
        • HR Email Address
      • If parents are self-employed:
        • Photocopy of Business Registration from SEC or DTI.
        • Photocopy of Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit.
        • Original Personal Bank Certificate.  The following details must be included:
          • Account type
          • Current balance
          • Account opening date
          • ADB
      • Bank Statement
        • Original or Certified True Copy of bank statements/passbook for the last three months.
      • Copy of ITR
      • Copy of PSA Marriage Certificate

Important reminders for the above cases (Employed, Self-employed, Students/Minors):

  1. Frequent travelers or those that have travelled as tourists to OECD member countries within five years are exempted from submitting the ITR.
  2. If invited by a Korean national, provide an invitation letter and a copy of your invitor’s passport or identification card (authentication is not required).
  3. If invited by a company in Korea, provide an invitation letter from the company and a photocopy of Korean Company Business Permit (authentication not required).
  4. Processing Time:
    • 3 Working Days (for applicants that have traveled to OECD member countries within 5 years as tourists).
    • 5 Working days (for applicants that have not been to OECD member countries within 5 years).
  5. Visa Fee:
    • 59 days or less stay in Korea – Free
    • 60 to 90 days stay in Korea – PHP 1,800.00


When you are absolutely sure that you have completed all requirements, proceed to the Republic of Korea Embassy at the following address:

122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City

Tel No.: +632 856-9210

Fax No.: +632 856-9008

No need to make an appointment; just visit the embassy between 9am to 11am, Mondays to Fridays.


Visas are released between 2PMto 4PM, Mondays to Fridays.

Make sure to write your name and contact number at the back of your claim stub.  Some applicants are required to submit additional documents or undergo an interview, so be prepared.  Dress appropriately and make sure you have the original copies of submitted documents.

And off you go!  Annyeong!



How to Apply for a South Korea Tourist Visa (for Filipinos)

PhilPost Id

Almost everyone I know has a Postal ID tucked in their wallets. It is one of those identification cards that can be acquired with the least documentary requirements (I even know a couple of people who got theirs without personally appearing at their respective Post Offices!). As a result, the Postal ID’s validity is seldom honored in establishments such as banks and remittance centers; no, not even as a means to gain entry in some buildings and offices. That is probably why mine has remained in my wallet for years on end that when I finally did take it out, the prints on the card have transferred to its plastic cover (nope, I never got around to having it laminated either!).

Well, here’s some good news I’d like to share!

Ang Philippine Postal Corporation (Phlpost) ay nag-lunsad na ng bagong Phlpost ID! Ang bagong card ay may security features na kaya’t ang bagong Postal ID ay valid na para sa lahat ng transactions na nagre-require ng government-issued ID.

Sino ang pwedeng mag apply para sa bagong Phlpost ID?

Lahat ng Filipinos, regardless of age and location, at kahit pa ang mga naninirahan abroad, ay maaaring mag apply ng kanilang bagong Phlpost ID. Pretty soon, pati na rin ang mga foreign nationals na nakatira na sa Pilipinas ng at least six months ay maaari na din mag apply ng kanilang Phlpost ID.

Bakit kailangan kong kumuha ng bagong Phlpost ID at ano ang mangyayari sa luma kong Phlpost ID?

Makakakuha ka ng Phlpost ID kahit na wala kang special skills o kahit hindi ka employed (di tulad ng Drivers’ License, PRC Licenses, SSS, GSIS). Kapag meron ka nang bagong Phlpost ID, mas madali ka nang makakapag transact sa banko, pag-apply ng passport, byahe abroad, pag-apply ng loans, o sa pag-apply sa trabaho.

Ang lumang Phlpost ID ay valid hanggang sa petsa na nakasulat sa “Valid Until” field ng ID. Ang Post Office sa inyong lugar ay hihinto nang mag issue ng paper-based IDs kapag naging available na ang bagong Postal ID sa inyong lugar. Maaari na din magpa palit ng new Postal ID ang mga may old Postal ID na valid pa, may discount pa kapag pinapalitan ito ng bago.

Papano ba mag apply ng bagong Phlpost ID?

Madali lang mag apply ng bagong Phlpost ID. Kailangan mo lang mag prepare ng dalawang klaseng dokumento, as listed below. Siguraduhing napa photocopy mo ang original bago ka mag tungo sa Phlpost para mag apply. Dalhin mo na din ang original copies for verification.

  1. Proof of Identity – any one (1) of the following:
  1. Proof of Address – any one (1) of the following:
    • Barangay Clearance / Barangay Certificate of Residency
    • Utility Bill in the Applicant’s Name (e.g. electricity, water, cable, mobile phone subscription)

Kung wala kang kahit na alin sa mga nakalista under Proof of Identity, kailangan mong magdala ng dalawa ng kahit alin sa mga sumusunod na documents. Siguraduhing ang isa sa dalawa ay may pirma ng applicant.

  1. Valid paper-based Postal ID
  2. Valid NBI / Police Clearance
  3. Old SSS or GSIS card
  4. Valid OWWA ID
  5. Valid PRC ID
  6. Digitized BIR Card
  7. Valid Seaman’s Book
  8. Valid Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
  9. Biometric Voter’s ID
  10. Valid Company ID
  11. Senior Citizen ID
  12. Certificates of Birth / Marriage from National Commission for Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) or National Commission for Indigenous Peoples (NCIP)
  13. Elementary or High School Form 137 for minors applicants 18 years old and below
  14. School Transcript of Records with readable dry seal
  15. Marriage Contract
  16. Valid University / School Alumni ID
  17. TIN Card

Kung minor ang nag-a-apply for a Phlpost ID, kailangang may kasama siyang magulang or guardian. Magdala din ng proof of guardianship upon application.

Kung ang dalang birth certificate ay issued ng Local Civil Registrar, kailangang ito ay six months current from the date of ID application. Dalhin ang resibo mula sa LCR bilang proof.

Saan Maaaring Mag Apply ng Bagong Postal ID?

Pwedeng mag apply sa kahit na saang post office. Kapag na-screen na ang mga dala mong documents, papupuntahin ka na sa ID capture station para makunan ka ng litrato at fingerprints. Meron nang 260 ID Capture Stations sa buong bansa (hyperlink to list of ID capture stations).

Maaari din kumuha ng application form sa mga post offices nationwide, o mag download sa www.phlpost.gov.ph.

May bayad ba ang bagong Phlpost ID? Magkano?

Ito ang mga fees na babayaran ng mga aplikante, kahit saan sa buong bansa:

Postal ID Card + Delivery Fee – Php 370.00 + 12% VAT Php 440.40 = Php 414.40 Ang ID ay valid for three years.

Get yours now!

%d bloggers like this: