The Manila City Hall Series: Filing for Correction of Birth Order Under RA 9048 Part 13 of 16

Manila City Hall_13

If you were the firstborn in your family but your birth certificate states that you have siblings older than you, then you need to have that entry corrected as soon as possible.  The birth order determines how many children your mother has already had and the succession of each child in the family tree.

Here are the steps to follow when filing a petition to correct your birth order on your birth certificate:

(a). 2 latest certified LCR copies and 2 latest PSA copies of birth certificate to be corrected.

(b). 2 latest certified copies of birth certificate of all brothers and sisters of the document owner.

(c). 2 latest original or certified copies of Obstetrical record, Medical Records, and Pre-natal Records from the hospital and/or OB GYNE.

(d). 2 photocopies of any of the following documents of the parents where all their children are indicated as their beneficiary and arranged according to birth order:

  • SSS
  • GSIS
  • BIR
  • Philhealth
  • Private Insurance

(e). 2 copies of valid IDs of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest Community Tax Certificate from the place of work or residence.

(f). SPA (Special Power of Attorney).  If the petitioner is abroad or sick, he/she can be represented by lawyer or his/her nearest relative (up to third degree of consanguinity).


  1. All civil documents (Birth, Marriage, and Death) to be submitted should be the latest certified local copy of Security Paper from the PSA.
  2. After the compliance of the requirements, please proceed to the information counter and get a number for the pre-interview and bring the original copies of the supporting documents (Personal Records).  Only applicants with complete requirements will be entertained for pre-interview.
  3. Steps to follow will be provided after the Final Interview.
  4. Processing of the petitions is four (4) months and will commence on the date the petition is received by the Manila City Hall.
  5. Payments are as follows:
    • Registration Fee – P1,000
    • Certified Xerox Copy – P230
    • Transmittal Fee – P210
    • Additional Payment – P30

The City Hall does not conduct interviews during Fridays.






Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

16 thoughts on “The Manila City Hall Series: Filing for Correction of Birth Order Under RA 9048 Part 13 of 16

    1. Hi Cherisa, Best to inquire at the Civil Registry office kung saan naka rehistro ang birth certificate in question. May possibility na kailanganin niyo ang advice ng lawyer for this.

  1. Paano kung nagkamali lang ng sulat ng date of birth sa marriage contract. magkano po babayaran? may interview pa ba?

  2. hi master nagfile po kmi sa local civil regstry office sabi po magantay ng 4 months kc sa manila pa iprocess nabigay naman po namin lahat ng requiremnts at bayad. nung april pa po kmi nagasikaso. pero lumampas na po 4 months kelangan kc maayos para mkakuha ng TOR at mkatake ng board exam. marami pa po ba processo? paano po la kmi kakilala sa manila. dto namin naasikaso sa mindanao.

    1. Nag try ka na ba mag follow up sa kanila? Puntahan mo na sila at magtanong ng update. Kapag sinabi nilang na endorse na humingi ka ng kopya ng endorsement kung merong finality hingi ka din ng copy. Mas madali kasi kung personally ang mag pa follow up nito sa PSA Main office sa may Sta. Mesa.

  3. Master pwede magtanong hindi pa ako nakabalik sa lcr dito sa amin 2 supporting documents hinihinge niya meron lang ako isa supporting document baptismal certificate, para sa removal ng middle initial sa birth certificate ko dahil yn wala middle initial nkalagay. Wala na po iba dahil lahat documents ko nagamit ko middle initial na isang letra. Sabi sa akin pwde tanglin at clerical error kaso wala na ako iba documents . Ano pwede ko gawin pwede na ba un affidavit of discrepancy?.

    1. Sila dapat yung tanungin mo kung pwede yan. sila kasi yung mag re require eh. Ang tanong mo dapat ano yung pwede mo pang madalang dokumento kapalit nung hindi mo makuha.

  4. master pa help po..ung marriage cntract po namin imbis na ñ po e n po ang nilagay. peo lahat po ng id ng mster q sa us ay n lng po ang gamit nya ang id nya po na ñ ay ung passport lng bago cya pumunta ng us. makaka apekto po ba yun pag penitisyun nya aq sa us? o need po aq mga pa correct.. thanks po..

      1. NEED pa bo ba yan ng abogado para maayos o pwede ako nalang mag file sa lcr ng corrrections..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: