Tag Archive: marriage certificate

12 Dec 17

The online processing for applications for the Licensure Exams of Electronics Engineers will start on January 2, 2020.  Below is a list of requirements you need to prepare in time for the opening of applications:

  1. PSA Birth Certificate of Applicant
  2. PSA Marriage Certificate of married, female applicants.
  3. Transcript of Records with scanned picture of applicant.  The TOR must bear the remarks For Board Examination Purposes.
  4. Fees:
    1. Php 900 – complete
    2. Php 450 – conditioned/removal (one removal exam only, period not specified)
  5. Last day of filing of applications: March 24, 2020
  6. Date of Exams: April 26 and 27, 2020 (Sunday, Monday)
  7. Location of Exams: NCR, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Lucena, Tuguegarao, and Zamboanga
  8. Target Date of Release of Exam Results: April 30, 2020

You can get copies of your PSA birth and marriage certificates now so you would be ready with the complete set of requirements by January 2.  Traveling or commuting during the holiday season can be such a hassle because of the traffic and mounting rates of TNVS cars!  I strongly suggest you just have your PSA certificates delivered to you by PSAHelpline.ph.  They accept orders even during weekends and holidays – you can get your documents in 2 to 7 business days!

You can call them at (02) 8-737-1111, or order online at www.psahelpline.ph, or order through their Facebook Messenger, just like and follow @PSAHelpline.ph on Facebook.

I have tried their services so many times and I am super satisfied because I get to save on time, effort, and money (I don’t need to pay for parking, gas, and I don’t need to take a leave from work!).

Call them now!

 Source: www.prc.gov.ph


9 Sept 17

We covered this topic last year but thought it would be good to write about it again since we receive a lot of questions about changing one’s name in his or her passport.

Married Filipinas are not mandated by law to use their husband’s last name – whether in their IDs, transactions and yes, even in their passports.  Women have the option to retain their maiden last name even after they are married.

If you are married and wish to use your husband’s last name in your passport, you need to present a copy of your PSA marriage certificate to the DFA when you renew your existing passport.

On the other hand, if you have been using your husband’s last name in your passport and have decided to switch back to your maiden name, you can only do so under two circumstances:

  1. If your marriage has been annulled or
  2. If you have been widowed.

In both cases, you need to present supporting documents to the DFA before you are issued a passport with your maiden last name in it.  If your marriage was annulled, you must present an annotated copy of your PSA marriage certificate, one that bears the court order or finality of the annulment.  If you are a widow, you need to present the PSA death certificate of your spouse.

So ladies, remember that once you decide to use your married name in your passport, you cannot simply go back to using your maiden last name anytime. So think about it before you change your last name in your IDs.





8 Aug 21

In the Philippines, married women have the option to use their husband’s last name or retain their maiden name.  Bear in mind that when a woman decides to change her last name (in her IDs, public records, etc.) she cannot undo this unless she becomes a widow or her marriage is annulled.

Here are quick guides on how you can update your government-issued IDs and other documents with your married last name.

  1. PhilHealth records

Bring the following at any PhilHealth office when requesting to update your records:

  1. SSS

Bring the following at any SSS branch to update your last name:

  1. Pag-IBIG

Bring the following at any SSS branch to update your last name:

  1. Passport

Bring the following on your scheduled appointment at the DFA

You can order your PSA marriage certificate at www.psahelpline.ph.  They process and deliver PSA documents so you don’t have to line up at the PSA or take a leave from work.



8 Aug 20

Most of us, if not all of us, acquired our Tax Identification Number (TIN) when we landed our first job… and yes, while we were still single.  But how does a taxpayer, especially women, update her civil status with the BIR after he or she is married?

I don’t think there is a way to update your records as a taxpayer online, unlike SSS and maybe PhilHealth.  You will have to manually fill out and submit some documents in order for your marital status to be updated (and your taxes appropriated).

Here are the steps:

  1. Download and print a copy of BIR Form 2305  for employed taxpayers and BIR Form 1905 for self-employed taxpayers.
  2. Fill out the form except for Part V, as this part is for your employer.
  3. Prepare a copy of your PSA marriage certificate to support your request for change of marital status.
  4. In Part II of the forms, check the letter “K” and write “Update Status and Registered Name to Married Name” in the blank box.
  5. On the second page (or backside of the form), check “Registered Name” in 4G.
  6. Write your married name under “New” and your maiden name under “Old”.
  7. Attach a copy of your PSA marriage certificate and submit the accomplished form to the BIR branch office or Revenue District office where your TIN is currently registered. If you are employed, submit the accomplished form to your employer.

If you are unsure which Revenue District Office or BIR branch office you are registered, you may call 981-8888.

You can have your PSA marriage certificate delivered to you by PSAHelpline.ph.  Just log on to http://www.psahelpline.ph or message them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/ where you can actually order through chat!  Try it! This is where I always get my PSA documents.


Reference: www.bir.gov.ph


8 Aug 6 A

Last Thursday (August 1, 2019), the Department of Foreign Affairs announced that the postal ID shall now be accepted and considered a valid primary ID by the agency and can be used when applying for a new passport or renewing an old one.  I received a lot of inquiries on how to get a postal ID and what IDs and documentary requirements are accepted for the application.

I checked the PhlPost website and was able to find the step-by-step application process as well as the complete list of requirements and IDs that you need to present.

Read on!

Application Requirements:

  1. Bring two copies of duly accomplished PID application form. You may download copies here.
  2. Proof of identity – submit any one of the following:
  3. Married females must bring their PSA marriage certificate to validate the change of name from the birth document.

Applicants with no birth certificate, UMID card, driver’s license, or passport may submit ANY TWO of the following documents, at least one of which should bear the applicant’s photo and signature:

  • BIR ID
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • College or Post-graduate Transcript of Records
  • Confirmation Certificate
  • Elementary or High School Form 137
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Valid Alumni ID
  • Valid Basic Postal ID
  • Valid College, School, or University ID
  • Valid Company ID
  • Valid Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP)
  • Valid NBI Clearance
  • Valid OWWA ID
  • Valid Pag-IBIG ID
  • Valid PhilHealth ID
  • Valid PRC ID
  • Valid Paper-based Postal ID
  • Valid Police Clearance
  • Valid Seaman’s Book
  • Valid Senior Citizen ID
  • Valid Tax Identification Number Card
  • Valid Voter’s ID
  1. Proof of Address – Submit any one of the following:
  • Barangay Certificate of Residency issued within three months prior to PID application;
  • Certified True Copy of Lease;
  • Certified True Copy of Titles issued by the Land Registration Authority (LRA);
  • Certified True Copy of Real Estate Tax Receipt;
  • Bank statement;
  • Credit card statement;
  • School billing statement or utility bill (cable, electric, internet, landline, telephone water).

 Application Process

Step 1: Submit a completely filled-out application form with your requirements and payment to any post office.

Step 2: Upon approval of your requirements, proceed to the nearest ID capture station where you will be digitally photographed and fingerprinted.  There are almost 260 ID capture stations nationwide in designated post offices and selected malls.

Step 3: When you complete the ID data capture process, your ID will be delivered to your mailing address.

  • Within Metro Manila – approximately 10 to 15 working days
  • Island provinces and remote barangays – approximately 4 to 5 weeks.

If you have more questions about the application process and requirements, you may call the PhlPost at the following numbers:


  • (02) 7427349
  • (02) 2309875


  • Globe 0917 5215373
  • Smart 0998 8447629
  • Sun 0925 3212291





7 July 25

The news regarding the bill about PSA birth certificates not expiring and considered valid all the time was sent to my Viber by a friend last Sunday.  I got to read the entire news just this morning and I could not help but write down my (personal) opinion on the matter and why I think this will not work.

So I reviewed my previous blogs that talked about the PSA birth certificate as a basic and primary requirement.  True enough, almost all government transactions like applying for a passport, getting an SSS number and ID, and securing a Senior Citizen ID, the birth certificate must be submitted as the sole basis of the applicant’s identity.  I am sure these government offices are aware that a person’s birth certificate does not expire, so why would they insist on having the applicants submit a new copy – one that was issued within the past six months from the date of application or submission.

Here are five reasons I wrote down and hope this helps everyone understand why it is important to get new copies of your PSA certificates.

  1. PSA changes the security paper (SECPA) where our PSA certificates are printed.

They do this to discourage the spread of fake, Rectofied (get it? Huh?) PSA certificates that some people use in their transactions.  Of course, it is always easier to just have a fake document printed out in Recto (or wherever else you can get a fake document) but do you realize the consequences this sick practice can eventually cause you and your transactions?

The SECPA that PSA uses is unique and secured and has special features that make the document authentic.  Fakers in Recto cannot copy this kind of paper.  So if you want to be sure that the birth certificate you have is truly authentic, get new copies from the PSA every now and then.

  1. Any correction or amendment applied to the details in your birth certificate is considered an update.

So technically, your birth certificate can be updated.  For example, you had your name’s spelling corrected, or your child was legitimated and now carries the last name of his or her biological father – these are changes in your information that are not reflected in old copies of your birth certificate.  Therefore, you need to get a new copy of your birth certificate and use this instead of your old one.

  1. Some establishments and government agencies ask for the original PSA copy of your birth certificate (or marriage certificate, CENOMAR, or death certificate).

Most establishments do not accept photocopied certificates and so you would have to give them the original prints. When you are out of copies, you need to get a new set so you always have a copy of your and your family’s PSA birth certificates.

  1. Government agencies are advised by the PSA every time the SECPA is updated. They reserve the right to require the public to submit their PSA certificates in the updated paper.

Of course, these government agencies and private establishments (like banks, schools, hospitals, etc.) will prefer PSA certificates that are printed in the latest SECPA as announced by the PSA.  This does not mean that the certificates printed in an old version of a SECPA are already outdated or expired; it just means that they want to make sure that all PSA documents submitted to them are in its latest prints.

  1. Old and dilapidated copies are considered invalid.

This is just my opinion – why would I settle for a PSA document that is old, its prints hardly readable, or the paper itself is falling apart when I can easily get a new one?  Of course, I will require the new, crisp copy of the PSA document!  One that I can easily read and file without it crumbling to pieces.

Getting a new copy of your PSA certificate should not be seen as dagdag gastos and pahirap sa mamamayan.  I personally do not think that it is unnecessary, expensive, and oppressive.

It is necessary to ensure that all documents we submit to the government and private establishments are authentic and updated.

Expensive?  How do we even quantify that?  A copy of your birth and marriage certificate costs Php 155.00 and a CENOMAR, Php 205 when acquired directly at a PSA office.  These rates could increase a bit if you order it online and have it delivered to you, but then you wouldn’t have to spend on gas or fare and you won’t have to take a leave from work, so it still is affordable and in all aspects, reasonable.  Why are we even making an issue out of this?

Oppressive?  How is ensuring your documents’ authenticity oppressive?  Do we prefer that government agencies and private establishments like banks and our children’s schools settle for old, worn-out copies of our PSA documents?

I would gladly hear your thoughts on this topic.  Please feel free to send us a message on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MasterCitizen/

Until then, I would strongly encourage you to keep at least one or two copies of your PSA birth certificate and do not hesitate to secure more copies whenever you can.


6 June 3

Ordering your PSA certificates (birth, marriage, death, and CENOMAR) has never been easier and more convenient.  All it takes now is a Facebook chat or a visit to the PSAHelpline website and you would be able to place your orders and even pay online or at the nearest accredited payment centers and banks.

For those who feel more comfortable ordering through the phone and speaking with a representative, the PSAHelpline hotline is still available.  Our family has been ordering our PSA documents through this hotline for several years now.  We enjoy the convenience of simply calling the hotline and having someone else process the documents for us.  All we had to do is call and provide the details of the certificate owner, and then wait for the reference number to be read out by the agent.  Once we’ve paid the orders, we just need to wait for the documents to be delivered.

The longest we had to wait for our ordered certificates is 4 business days.  Our documents are sealed and intact every time and their couriers are really courteous.  Once, I had to order on behalf of my dad and the courier did not fail to ask for me and my dad’s IDs and my dad’s Letter of Authorization.  Even with the verification, I still thought that the transaction was quick and hassle-free.  A lot better than going out in the heat of the summer sun or getting stuck in traffic because of heavy rains.

If you need a copy of your PSA birth certificate (or marriage, death, or CENOMAR), I would strongly suggest that you just have it delivered by calling or chatting the PSAHelpline.  Their hotline is (02) 737-1111 and they are available to take your call, 24/7.  If you have already placed an order and would like to follow up on the status, you can also call the hotline and give them your reference number so they can track the parcel for you.  Checking the status of your order is also available online, just make sure you have the correct reference number.

A PSA birth certificate, marriage certificate, or death certificate will be delivered to you for P365, while a CENOMAR is for P465.  These rates already include the processing and delivery fee!  Sulit ‘di ba?

If you want to know more about PSAHelpline, you can visit their website at www.psahelpline.ph or drop me a line and I will do my best to answer your questions.


5 May 30

I had to see it to believe it.  Ordering my birth certificate through Facebook chat?  I didn’t think it was possible until I tried it myself.  And it works!

The service is provided by PSAHelpline.ph; they are the same guys behind the (02) 737-1111 hotline that you can call to order PSA birth certificates, marriage, death certificate, and CENOMAR – very similar to when you call for pizza delivery.  PSAHelpline also has an online ordering system that’s right in their website, www.psahelpline.ph.  I’ve tried that so many times; I’m a loyal client because I keep running out of copies of my birth certificate.

They made it so much more convenient for Pinoys this year when they launched the Facebook Messenger ordering system.  This time, I can place my order while on the go, as if I’m just chatting with a friend.  It is so convenient!

I tried the service last night and I would like to share it with you today.

Don’t forget to like and follow their Facebook page, @PSAHelpline.ph

  1. Go to their Facebook page at @PSAHelpline.ph and click the Send Message button.
  2. The chat box will be launched and you will be asked to choose the type of certificate you want to order. Just click on the name of the certificate of your choice. You can only order for one person per session, but you can order up to 20 copies.
  3. You will then be asked to indicate the purpose of your request or for what purpose will you be using the birth certificate. There are several choices but I always choose Others. There will be follow up questions (chats) that you need to answer depending on the purpose you choose.
  4. Then you will be asked to supply the name on the birth certificate (or any other PSA certificate) that you are ordering. If you are ordering for yourself, just type your name. If you are a married woman, type in your maiden name.

However, if you are ordering for another person, click on the Applying for others button.  If you do this, you will be asked for your relationship with the owner of the certificate you wish to order.

  1. For all the details that you will be asked to provide, you will be given a chance to change in case you keyed in an incorrect letter or number. So make sure you read the messages carefully and avoid clicking buttons that are not supposed to be clicked.
  2. Continue supplying the information that the system. Towards the end of the chat, you will be asked to provide the address where you wish to have the certificate delivered. A pop-up window will appear on your screen and this is where you will key-in the address.
  3. After you have submitted the address, you will be asked how many copies of the certificate you wish to order. When ordering through Facebook Messenger, you can request up to 10 copies (when ordering through the website, you can request up to 20 copies).
  4. After this, you will be shown the required proofs of identification and authorization that you need to execute upon delivery of the documents, such as:
  • A valid ID
  • Letter of Authorization and valid ID from any of the following:
    • Owner of the birth certificate
    • His parents
    • His spouse
    • His children
    • His grandparents
    • His grandchild

You will also be asked if you would like to nominate an authorized representative in case you are not available to personally receive the delivery.

  1. You will then be asked how you wish to pay for the order:
  • Credit Card
  • GCash
  • Others

And then you will be provided your reference number for the order; take note of this as you need to write this on your payment slip at the payment center or bank where you choose to pay for the order.

You may also check the email address you provided, the reference number will also be sent there.

And you’re done!  Easy, right?

You may follow up your order through Facebook Messenger too, just choose Order Status after you launch the chat box.  Or you may call the hotline at (02) 737-1111 or visit their website at www.psahelpline.ph and click on Order Status in the home page.

A birth certificate, marriage certificate, and death certificate cost P365, while a CENOMAR costs P465, per copy.  The rates already include the processing and delivery fee.

Try it now!



5 May 29

If you need a copy of your PSA birth certificate (or any PSA document such as a marriage certificate, death certificate, or CENOMAR), you can now order it online and have it delivered to your home or office address.  This is more convenient especially for employed individuals who only have the weekends off, or those who live in areas that are far from a PSA office.

It is simple and easy to order online.  You only need to log on to the PSAHelpline website and choose the document you wish to order.

Here is the step-by-step process:

  1. Log on to the PSAHelpline website at www.psahelpline.ph and click on the ORDER NOW button.

1 Homepage

2. Choose the type of certificate you wish to order.  You can only choose one type of document per person, but you can order up to 20 copies of the same document.


3. Indicate the purpose of your request.  If your purpose is not included in the list, you can choose “Others”.

3 Purpose

4. You will be taken to the application form page.  Here, you will be asked to type in your and your parents’ information.  Always double-check the entries before submitting your form to avoid errors and delays in your request.

4 fill-out-form

5. If you had any corrections or amendments done to your certificate (correction of misspelled name, legitimation due to subsequent marriage, annulment, etc.), please indicate it on this page. 

5 legal-proceedings

6. You will be asked for the information about the requesting party or the person who is making the order.  Make sure to indicate the correct name spelling and choose the correct relationship of the requesting party to the owner of the certificate (if the requesting party is not the certificate owner).

6 Requesting Party

7. The checkout page will allow you to review the details you submitted.  When you are sure that all entries are correct, type in the delivery information on the delivery address fields.  Make sure to tick the small certification box to confirm that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and then click on the continue button.

7 Check out 2

8. You will be taken to the Order Confirmation page so you can double check all the entries you made.  This is also where you will be issued your REFERENCE NUMBER.  You will also be asked to print out a Letter of Authorization (LOA) if someone, other than the owner of the document, will receive the certificates.

The list of payment channel options is also available on this page.  You can choose your preferred payment option and just click on the green arrow to show you the details you need to know when paying through that particular channel.

8 Order Confirmation 1

8 Order Confirmation 2

8 Order Confirmation 3

9. After you have chosen your payment option, you may now proceed to the payment center or bank to make your payment.  Remember to bring your reference number with you when paying.

If you wish to check the status of your order, you may simply log on to the PSAHelpline.ph website and choose the CHECK STATUS button found on the home page.

Check Status Page

Easy, right? Did you know that you can also order your PSA birth certificate (and other PSA documents) through Facebook?  It is possible!  Visit us again tomorrow for the step-by-step process of ordering your birth certificate via Facebook Messenger.

You can also order your birth certificate by calling the PSAHelpline hotline at (02) 737-1111.  Whether you order over the phone or online, the documents’ prices are the same:

a. Birth Certificate – P365

b. Marriage Certificate – P365

c. Death Certificate – P365

d. CENOMAR – P465

The rate already includes the processing and delivery fees.  I guarantee you will save a lot on time and money if you order online.

Visit their website now at http://www.psahelpline.ph







5 May 08-1

I have senior citizen parents and aunts and uncles that is why I am so used to the proverbial senior citizen discounts that they demand from food establishments we frequent during weekends and holidays.  They could get too demanding sometimes, mind you.  But little did I know that there are still a lot of other privileges that our senior citizen family members are rightfully entitled to, except most of them (and us!) are still unaware of these.

I did a quick research and found some helpful materials online. I am sharing the list of senior citizen privileges that most of us probably still didn’t know; please make sure you share this with your family and friends too.

  1. Free medical and dental services.

This includes diagnostic and laboratory fees such as x-rays, computerized tomography scans (CT Scans) and blood tests in all government facilities.  This also includes free vaccinations against influenza and pneumococcal disease for indigent senior citizen patients.

  1. Free parking in Quezon City Malls

My aunt, who frequents SM Fairview, told me about this. At 63 years old, she drives herself to the gym at least three times a week and never had to pay for parking fees.  All she has to do is flash her Senior Citizen ID to the guard and they let her pass.  Other malls follow the first three hours policy for seniors so make sure you ask the parking attendant to avoid confusion.

  1. Educational Scholarship

Should a senior citizen decide to pursue his education, he or she may be granted a scholarship, financial aid, subsidies, and other incentives.  This is available to senior citizens that are able to meet minimum admission requirements for secondary, tertiary, post tertiary, vocational, or technical education, as well as short-term courses in a public or private school.

  1. 5% discount on Water and Electric Bills

This is applicable when the utilities are registered in the name of the senior citizen and that the monthly consumption does not exceed 100 kWh for electricity and 30m’ for water.  The privilege is granted per household, not per senior citizen residing in the address.

  1. Tax Exemption

Senior citizens are entitled to Income Tax exemption for as long as he or she is a minimum wage earner in accordance with RA 9504.

  1. Air and Sea Transportation Fee Discounts

Apart from discounts on land transportation travel in public utility vehicles such as buses, jeepneys, taxis, trains, and AUVs, a senior citizen is also entitled to discounts on air and sea fares.  This includes airlines such as Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines.

  1. Death Benefit Assistance, Social Pension, and PhilHealth Coverage.

The DSWD grants a social pension to indigent senior citizens in the amount of Php 500.00 every month.  All senior citizens are also mandatorily covered by PhilHealth and are considered automatic members, entitled to the same privileges as regular contributing members of the PhilHealth.

A senior citizen is entitled to discounts on funeral and burial services, to be claimed by his or her beneficiary or any person who shall shoulder the funeral and burial expenses of the deceased senior citizen.

  1. Free movies.

We will feature the list of free movie day schedules per city in Metro Manila in our upcoming blogs.  In Quezon City, senior citizens can watch up to two movies for free every Monday and Tuesday.

  1. Express Lanes

Supermarkets, hotels, and even public restrooms provide express lanes for senior citizens for their convenience.

  1. Discounts in hotels and recreational places

Amusement parks such as Enchanted Kingdom and Star City provide discounts to senior citizens even if these are not considered basic necessities.  They can also get discounts to as much as P600 to P1,800 in hotels.


RA No. 9994 (https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2010/ra_9994_2010.html)




%d bloggers like this: