Tag Archive: PSA Marriage Certificate

8 Aug 22 (1)

My friend remembers that one of the most challenging things she had to accomplish for her wedding was securing a marriage license.  She recalls having a handful of questions about it but not being able to find anything of value online.  She ended up visiting the Quezon City hall where she finally got a list of the things she needs to prepare, the fees she needs to pay, and answers to her FAQs.

Her experience inspired me to write today’s blog and I hope that this too can help other would-be brides and grooms in preparing for their wedding (at least on getting the marriage license part, haha!).  Here are the questions she had in mind then; I turned them into FAQs!

Can I apply for a marriage license in Metro Manila even if my wedding will be held in Baguio?  I work in Manila and have lived her (temporarily) for seven years.  I was born and raised in Baguio.

Yes, you can.  Actually, you can apply for a marriage license at any of the following areas:

  • Where you or your fiance reside.
  • At your or your fiance’s hometown.

Just remember that when applying for a marriage license, you need to personally appear at the city hall or municipal hall – you cannot send a representative to secure the license for you.

You can use the marriage license anywhere in the Philippines.

What are the requirements I need to prepare?

  1. Duly accomplished marriage license application form (four copies).
  2. PSA birth certificates of the bride and groom.
  3. PSA Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
  4. Certificate or proof that you have completed the required marriage counseling or seminar. There are some cities and municipalities that require the couple to attend the marriage counseling and the family planning seminar even if you have attended this before. Always check with the city hall and don’t be surprised if this is part of their requirements.
  5. Government-issued IDs such as your passport, UMID, Voter’s ID, SSS or GSIS, etc.
  6. Of course, your personal appearance.

Any other additional requirements I should know of?

Some city halls may require you to submit additional documents so it is best to have the following ready as well:

  1. Baptismal certificate
  2. Residence certificate/Tax certificate/CEDULA

Prepare photocopies of your documents as the city hall is sure to ask for copies for their records.

How do I file for a marriage license?

Once you have all the documents ready, you can file your application at the city or municipal hall of your choice.

Marriage license fees range between Php 280 to Php 350.  You can verify at the Treasurer’s office before you begin your transaction, just to be sure.

You will be issued a receipt after payment; this shall also serve as your claim stub.  Normally, a marriage license is released within 10 days after filing and payment.

Your marriage license is valid only for 120 days from the date of issue.  If you do not get married within the prescribed period, you will have to go through the entire process of securing a marriage license again, including the seminars.

If this article helped you share it with someone too!


8 Aug 21

In the Philippines, married women have the option to use their husband’s last name or retain their maiden name.  Bear in mind that when a woman decides to change her last name (in her IDs, public records, etc.) she cannot undo this unless she becomes a widow or her marriage is annulled.

Here are quick guides on how you can update your government-issued IDs and other documents with your married last name.

  1. PhilHealth records

Bring the following at any PhilHealth office when requesting to update your records:

  1. SSS

Bring the following at any SSS branch to update your last name:

  1. Pag-IBIG

Bring the following at any SSS branch to update your last name:

  1. Passport

Bring the following on your scheduled appointment at the DFA

You can order your PSA marriage certificate at www.psahelpline.ph.  They process and deliver PSA documents so you don’t have to line up at the PSA or take a leave from work.



7 July 22

I often receive inquiries on how to repair birth certificate errors that are committed by either the parent who filled out the child’s birth documents, or the medical staff at the hospital where the child was born, or relatives who took on the responsibility of registering the child’s birth.  Some of the errors are reparable, while some need to undergo court proceedings and the assistance of a lawyer.  Either way, an error in a child’s birth certificate is a hassle that could have been prevented if the people involved in the child’s registration paid more attention to the details.

To help parents avoid these costly mistakes, I researched online and found some helpful insights from moms at smartparenting.com.ph on how to avoid committing errors on a child’s birth certificate. They also shared unique situations when the errors are most likely to occur, like when the mom is not married to the child’s father and is not sure whether the child could use the father’s last name or not.

So I am sharing with you this helpful article I found online; I summarized it a bit to make it more readable for us.

  1. If the parents are not married and they want for the child to carry the father’s last name:

Per RA No. 9255, these are the documents that the parents need to submit upon registration of the child’s birth:

  • Affidavit of Admission of Paternity – signed by the father.
  • Private Handwritten Instrument
    • Handwritten by the father
    • Duly signed the father
    • He must expressly recognize the paternity of the child during his lifetime.
  • Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father
    • Filled out and signed by the father
    • You may ask the hospital to provide you with a blank form of this affidavit.

The child will now be able to carry his or her father’s last name, by virtue of the affidavit that is permanently attached to his or her birth certificate.

  1. For married parents- bring a certified true copy of the following upon child’s birth registration:
  1. File your child’s Certificate of Live Birth within 30 days from the time of birth.

If you fail to file your child’s birth within this prescribed period, his birth will be considered “Late Registered” and you will be required to present additional documents.

  1. Tell your OB and other medical staff who will be attending to your delivery what last name your child will be using.
  • Medical staff will tag your baby as “Baby Roque” or “Baby Mejia”.  Make sure they know whose last name the baby will be using (yours or the father’s if you are not married).
  1. Decide on your baby’s name beforehand.
  • Write down your baby’s name and make sure the spelling is correct.
  • Inform your doctor and the medical staff of the name you wish to give your child. Give them the correct spelling.
  1. Do not fill out forms when you are too tired from the delivery or still sleepy from anesthesia.

This is when mistakes usually happen.  Instead, have your partner or husband accomplish the forms, or your parents if they are around.  Just the same, make sure you have all important information listed down already before going into labor to avoid typo errors and oversights.




4 Apr 11

Most people think that the Social Security System (SSS) is only for employed individuals, whether working locally or abroad.  We need to know that self-employed people, regardless of his trade or business, must also be covered by the SSS.

Today’s blog will feature the SSS coverage for self-employed individuals.  If you are one of them and are not yet a member of the SSS, this article is for you.

Which workers are classified under Self-employed (SE) Coverage?

A self-employed person, regardless of trade, business, or occupation with an income of at least Php 2,000 a month and not over 60 years old, should register with the SSS.  These include:

  1. Self-employed professionals such as doctors, lawyers, engineers who run their own firms.
  2. Partners, single proprietors of businesses.
  3. Board Directors of Corporations duly registered with appropriate government agencies.
  4. Actors, actresses, directors, scriptwriters, and news correspondents who do not fall within the definition of the term “employee”.
  5. Professional athletes, coaches, trainers, and jockeys.
  6. Farmers and fisherfolks.
  7. Workers in the informal sector such as market and ambulant vendors.
  8. Public utility transport drivers, tourism industry-related workers, and others similarly situated.
  9. Contractual and job order personnel engaged by the government thru a contract of service and who are not coverable by the GSIS law.
  10. Any other self-employed person as determined by the Social Security Commission (SSC) under such rules and regulations that it may be prescribed.

How to register to the SSS:

  1. Accomplish and submit a Personal Record Form (SS Form E-1).
  2. If he/she has no existing SS number, SS Form E-1 should be submitted with the original/certified true copy and photocopy of any of the primary or any two of the secondary documents acceptable in securing SS number.

Primary documents (Only ONE is required):

  • PSA Birth Certificate
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Passport
  • Driver’s License
  • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
  • Seaman’s Book

Secondary Documents (in the absence of primary documents, submit TWO of the following):

  • Alien Certificate of Registration
  • ATM card with the cardholder’s name
  • ATM card and certification from the issuing bank that the account number belongs to the cardholder if the card does not bear the cardholder’s name.
  • Bank Account Passbook
  • Birth/Baptismal Certificate of children
  • Certificate from the:
    • Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
    • Office of Muslim Affairs
  • Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Document/Seafarer’s ID and Record Book from the Maritime Industry Authority
  • Certificate of Naturalization issued by the Bureau of Immigration
  • Company ID
  • Fisherman’s Card issued by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
  • GSIS Card/Certificate of Membership
  • Health or Medical Card
  • ID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay/Municipality/City)
  • ID Card issued by professional organizations recognized by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Marriage Contract
  • Membership card issued by private companies
  • NBI clearance
  • Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA) card
  • Pag-IBIG Member’s Data Form
  • Permit to carry firearms issued by the Firearms and Explosives Unit of the Philippine National Police (PNP)
  • PHIC Member’s Data Record
  • Police Clearance
  • Postal ID card
  • School ID
  • Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
  • Senior Citizen Card
  • Tax Identification Number (TIN) card
  • Temporary License and Student Permit issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
  • Transcript of School Records
  • Voter’s Identification Card/Affidavit
  1. A self-employed person who has employee/s should also register as an employer and secure an employer number by proper accomplishment and submission of Employer Registration (SS Form R-1) and Employment Report (SS Form R-1A).


Duties and responsibilities of a self-employed SS member:

  • Register with My.SSS at the SSS website: sss.gov.ph provided you have at least one month posted contribution.
  • To pay your contributions, log-in to your My.SSS account to secure your Personal Reference Number (PRN).
  • Pay contributions either monthly or quarterly in accordance with the prescribed schedule and deadline.
  • Keep your personal records updated and correct by submitting a completed SS Form E-4 together with the corresponding supporting document/s to avoid delays in the processing of benefit claims.
  • Pay your loans on time through the Member Loan Payment Return Form (SS Form ML-1) to avoid penalties and late payments.
  • Apply for a UMID card, if with at least one (1) posted monthly contribution, and always use the said card for SSS transactions.
  • Be aware of changes and improvements in the SSS policies and benefit structure so as to fully utilize your benefits.

For more details on SSS membership, you may send your questions and clarifications to member_relations@sss.gov.ph or call the SSS hotlines at (02) 920-6446 or (02) 917-7777.

Source: www.facebook.com/SSSPh/


4 Apr 8

The DFA has recently announced that PSA birth certificates are no longer required when renewing your old passport.  While this is true, there are still special cases when you will still be asked to submit a copy of your birth certificate.

We summarized the list from DFA and are sharing it in today’s blog, for your quick reference:

  1. First-time passport applications.

One of the core requirements for FIRST-TIME passport applicants is an original copy of his or her PSA-authenticated Birth Certificate on Security Paper.  If you are a married female and you wish to use your husband’s last name in your passport, you also need to bring a copy of your PSA-authenticated Marriage Certificate.

  1. Lost or mutilated passports.
  1. Lost and VALID ePassport
  2. Lost and EXPIRED ePassport
  3. Mutilated Passport

These cases are treated as new passport application.  You need to bring a copy of your PSA birth certificate IF YOU COULD NOT PRODUCE A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR LAST ISSUED PASSPORT.  But if you have a photocopy of your passport, you no longer need to bring your birth certificate.

  1. Applicants in the DFA watchlist.

This was included in the Bulletin released by the DFA in their website last January 15, 2019.

A person under the DFA watchlist will still be required to present a copy of his PSA birth certificate for reasons reserved to the agency.

  1. Renewal of old brown and green passports bearing no complete middle name.

This is a rare occurrence but it still happens to some passport holders.  If the DFA finds that your middle name may be incomplete, misspelled, or missing, you will be required to submit a copy of your PSA birth certificate to serve as a reference of your correct middle name.

  1. Renewals requiring changes in personal information.

Any change in your personal information that you wish to be applied upon the renewal of your passports, such as your last name or middle name, will have to be supported by a copy of your PSA birth certificate or marriage certificate.

The list was lifted from the Department of Foreign Affairs’ website and Facebook page.






3 Mar 22

Once you have chosen the registration center where you wish to apply for your National ID, you will want to know the process that you will have to go through to get the ID.  Dahil advance akong mag isip, I’m sharing the process now, as lifted from the IRR of the Philippine Identification System Act.

Registration Process

The applicant shall register personally at any designated registration center by submitting a duly accomplished PhilSys Registration Form (Form No. 1) and presentation of any supporting documents as stated in Section 8.C of this IRR.

The PSA shall ensure that entries provided in the PhilSys Registration Form are consistent with the documentary requirements presented.  In the event of discrepancies other than the address, the data reflected on the presented documentary requirements shall prevail.

If there are no discrepancies, the biometric information (front-facing photograph, fingerprints, and iris scan) shall be captured except for applicants below five (5) years of age, in which case, their demographic information and front-facing photograph shall be sufficient.

If the biometric and demographic information of the applicant are found to be unique, a PhilSys Number (PSN) will be generated for the applicant.  Otherwise, further verification shall be conducted by the PSA.  In the event that the applicant cannot be issued a PSN, he or she will be notified accordingly.

Registration in the PhilSys is deemed successful and complete upon confirmation of registration by the PSA and the issuance of the PSN.  Once successfully registered, the person shall be issued a PhilID in a manner to be prescribed by the PSA.



https://bit.ly/2Tfvhyv (IRR PDF copy)


This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph


3 Mar 21.jpg

Now that we have the list of documents and IDs that can be presented when registering for a National ID, we shall be sharing the areas of registration centers where citizens and resident aliens can submit their application.  The following list was lifted from the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the RA 11055 or the Philippine Identification System Act.

Section 8. Registration

  1. Registration Centers

Every citizen or resident alien shall register personally in any of the following registration centers that have the necessary facilities to capture the information required to be contained in the registry.  These registration center shall be made available one year after the effectivity of this Act:

  • Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Regional and Provincial Offices;
  • Local Civil Registry Offices (LCROs);
  • Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) for its members and their dependents;
  • Social Security System (SSS) for its members and their dependents;
  • Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth);
  • Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF);
  • Commission on Elections (COMELEC);
  • Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost); and
  • Other government agencies and GOCCs as may be assigned by the PSA.

Take note:

  • The list of offices of the above-mentioned agencies, which will be designated as registration centers, shall be posted on the PSA website.
  • The above agencies shall each designate an area for the setting up of registration centers by the PSA.  The PSA shall provide the necessary facilities, manpower, equipment, registration system, and resources to carry out the registration in the registration centers.
  • In the case of Filipino citizens residing abroad, the registration shall be made in the nearest Philippine Embassy or Philippine Foreign Service post, or other registration centers that may be designated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the PSA.




https://bit.ly/2Tfvhyv (PDF Copy of the IRR)


This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph


3 Mar 20

Below are the documentary requirements that National ID applicants may present to any designated registration center.  These were lifted from the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the RA No. 11055, otherwise known as the Philippine Identification System Act.

  1. Application Form. The applicant shall submit a duly accomplished application form to any designated registration center.
  2. The application form shall be supported by the presentation of an original copy of ANY of the following primary documents:
  • PSA-issued birth certificate and one (1) government-issued identification document with full name, photo, and signature or thumbmark; or
  • Philippine ePassport issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs; or
  • Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) Card issued by the Government Service Insurance System or Social Security System; or
  • Other equivalent identification documents as may be determined in the guidelines issued by the PSA.

For resident aliens, his or her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or ACR ID shall be presented.

In case a married woman presents an identification document which reflects her maiden name, she shall be required to present her PSA-issued marriage certificate should she opt to adopt the surname of her husband.

In the event that the applicant is unable to provide the documents under the immediately preceding item, any of the following documents shall be presented:

  1. PSA-issued birth certificate; or
  2. Any government-issued identification document reflecting at least the full name, front-facing photograph, and signature or thumb mark; or
  3. Identification documents issued by the private sector which comply with the requirements set by the PSA.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, appropriate guidelines and mechanisms shall be issued to ensure that the registration is not prohibitive and restrictive as to unduly defeat the purpose of the Act.

An applicant who does not possess any of the documents in above items 2 and 3 shall be endorsed by a qualified Introducer in accordance with the guidelines set by the PSA, taking into consideration the specific circumstances.  As a minimum requirement, a qualified Introducer shall be of legal age and a PSN holder.  The PSA shall maintain a record of all qualified Introducers, each of whom shall be linked to all the registered persons that they have endorsed.  Persons who have been registered through a qualified Introducer shall be tagged as such in the PhilSys.



https://bit.ly/2Tfvhyv (PDF copy of the IRR)



This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph

3 Mar 19

Is there an OFW in the family? Have you been working overseas for quite a few years now?  The Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA) has some good news for our Bagong Bayani with the introduction of the OFW e-Card!  Here’s how you can get one.

What is the OFW e-Card?

This is a new identification card that serves as an OFW’s proof of membership in the OWWA and also works as an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).

It shall allow for smoother and faster transactions with different government agencies, saving an OFW the hassle of waiting and spending more while processing his requirements in the country.

What are the benefits of owning an OFW e-Card?

  1. Provides easier access to OWWA programs and services.
  2. Serves as a valid government-issued ID for OFWs.
  3. Used to waive airport fees such as Travel Taxes and Terminal Fees.

What are the application requirements?

  1. Active OWWA membership
  2. Valid passport
  3. Valid OEC or Exemption Number

How do I get an OFW e-Card?

  1. The OFW e-Card is free.
  2. Fill out the OFW ID card application form on the OWWA website.
  3. Select the OWWA Regional Welfare Office where you want to claim the card.

Are all OFWs entitled to the OFW e-Card?

Yes, except newly-hired OFWs.  The OWWA is still working on updates and the public shall be informed when the cards can be made available for all OFWs.





This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph

3 Mar 15a

It’s ‘all systems go’ for the national ID system by September 2019, as announced by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) this week.  The government is targeting about six million individuals to be registered to the national ID system, kicking off the distribution of about 100 million ID cards to all Filipino citizens and resident aliens by 2022.

Who are first in line for the National ID system?

According to the PSA Deputy National Statistician, the following shall get first dibs on national ID registration and ownership:

  • Indigents
  • People with Disabilities (PWD)
  • Government workers in several key areas all over the country.

What information will be gathered from the registrants?

  • Biometrics (thumbprint, iris and face scanning)
  • Full name
  • Gender
  • Date and place of birth
  • Blood type
  • Address
  • Citizenship (as the National ID is also open for resident aliens)

The registrants have the option to give out their marital status, mobile numbers, and email addresses.

How soon can the registrants receive the IDs and is there a fee to be paid?

The registration is free of charge, except when the owner loses the card and wishes to be issued a new one.  After the registration, the person will be issued a permanent ID number and will be advised to wait a few days for the actual ID card.

A primary requirement when applying for your National ID is your PSA birth certificate. Make sure you have a copy printed on the PSA’s Security Paper (SECPA) as early as now.




Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph


%d bloggers like this: