To avoid encountering problems on your passport application appointment date, make sure you have the correct and complete set of requirements when you appear at the DFA. Remember, if you are renewing a maroon passport, you no longer need to bring a copy of your PSA birth certificate, unless you are going to use this as proof of filiation (parentage) for your (minor) child’s passport renewal.
- Personally appear at the DFA Consular Office where you set your passport application appointment.
- Bring your printed appointment packet that was sent to your email after you made your ePayment:
- Checklist with schedule;
- Application form with a barcode, reference number, and e-receipt number;
- Two copies of the e-receipt.
- Bring the original copies.
- The DFA only accepts authenticated copies printed on NSO or PSA on the yellow Security Paper. Again, the PSA Birth Certificate is NO LONGER required for the renewal of the maroon passport.
- One valid ID and its photocopy. The DFA accepts ANY ONE of the following:
- Driver’s License
- Student Permit (card format)
- PRC ID
- OWWA/iDOLE ID
- Voter’s ID/Voter’s Certificate
- PNP Firearms License
- Senior Citizen ID
- School ID (valid and enrolled)
- Valid ePassport
- Residence Card
For more questions about passport appointments and requirements, you may visit the DFA website at ww.dfa.gov.ph or www.consular.dfa.gov.ph
Need quick facts about passport applications, requirements, and fees? Read this blog: QUICK FACTS FOR PASSPORT APPLICANTS AT THE DFA.
This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/
Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph
4 thoughts on “Passport Application: What You Need to Bring to the DFA Consular Office”
Hello po. Okay lang po ba NSO instead PSA po?
Actually, valid naman po kahit na NSO ang nakasulat. Kaya lang po, ang mga government agencies gaya ng DFA ay ina-advise ng PSA kapag nagu-update sila ng Security Paper na ginagamit sa pag print ng mga birth certificates. Kadalasan ang nire-require ng mga government offices ay yung latest version ng SECPA para sa mga birth certificates. Kapag yun po ang nirequire, kailangan kumuha pa din kayo ng PSA.
Valid po ba ang philhealth or company id?? Thank you
Company ID po (basta valid) at PhilHealth, pwede po. Pero supporting IDs lang po yan.
Kailangan meron kayong government-issued ID tulad ng SSS, Driver’s License, PRC License, etc.