A marriage license must be issued to a couple who intend to get married anywhere in the Philippines.  Even if you are marrying a foreign national, you still need to secure a marriage license.  Once issued, a marriage license is valid within 120 days and will automatically be cancelled at the expiration of 120 days.

Here is the list of documents when applying for a marriage license at the Quezon City Hall.  After the wedding rites and all documents have been duly signed by the couple and their witnesses, the certificate of marriage must also be submitted to the Local Civil Registry of the Quezon City Hall to have the marriage registered.


Applicants may submit the documents under numbers 1 and 2 to Counters 10 and 11 at the Quezon City Hall.

    • Birth Certificate of both applicants or
    • Baptismal Certificates of both applicants;
    • If widowed, present a copy of the Death Certificate of deceased spouse;
    • If previous marriage was annulled, present a copy of the Court Decision and absolute Decree of Finality from the Court;
    • Community Tax Certificates of both applicants;
    • One ID Photo (colored or black and white) of each applicant;
    • Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling.
    • Applicant’s valid passport;
    • Certificate of legal capacity to marry issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials;
    • If foreigner applicant is divorced, present a copy of Final Decree of Absolute Divorce;
    • Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling and Responsible Parenthood.
  3. Fees
    • Application Form – PHP50.00
    • Filing Fee – PHP 100.00
    • Marriage License Fee – PHP100.00
    • Registration of Marriage Certificate – PHP70.00
  4. Registration of Certificate of Marriage: Make 4 copies of the registration to be distributed as follows:
    • First copy – Local Civil Registry
    • Second copy – OCRG-NSO
    • Third copy – Solemnizing Officer or the Church
    • Fourth copy – For the couple


  • There is no age limit for Family Planning.
  • Couples who are 24 years old and below need to attend the Family Planning Sessions and Marriage Counseling seminar.
  • These sessions are scheduled for one-half day within the premises of the City Hall.  You may inquire at counters 8, 9, and 10 for the details of the seminars and family planning sessions.
  • Applicants below 21 years old need parental consent; applicants between 21 to 25 years old need advice from parents.
  • The Marriage License will be released after 10 days  after the application was filed.
  • Marriage licenses are released by the Quezon City hall everyday but only up to 4:00PM.



Other related articles:

  1. The Manila City Hall Series: How To File For Correction of Date and Place of Marriage on Your Birth Certificate.
  2. How to Secure a Marriage License at the Manila City Hall
  3. Problems on NSO Marriage Certificate: No Signature of Married Couple
  4. Problems on NSO Marriage Certificate: No Entry on the Date of Marriage

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen