How to Secure a Marriage License at the Manila City Hall

Manila City Hall_8

A marriage license is required of couples who intend to get married in a church or through civil rites.  It can be secured at the city or municipal hall where the marrying parties reside.  The marriage license may be used anywhere in the country and is valid for 120 days.

Here are the list of requirements and steps to follow when applying for a marriage license at the Manila City Hall.

What you need to bring:

 For applicants between 18 to 21 years old

  1.  Birth certificate
    • Latest certified local copy – if born in Manila
    • PSA birth certificate – if born outside Manila
    • Latest original copy of baptismal certificate if the applicant does not have a record of birth.
  2. Latest PSA Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
  3. Valid ID with address in Manila – bring the original copy and one photocopy
  4. Parental Consent (provided for under Article 14 of the Family Code of the Philippines)
    • Parent to appear at the Manila City Hall; bring a valid ID (original and photocopy)
    • Father, Mother, or Guardian – follow this order when one of the parents is not able to personally appear at the city hall.
    • Marriage Counseling – Manila Health Department and MSWD

For applicants between 21 to 25 years old

  1. The same requirements as for applicants between 18 to 21 years old:
  2. Parental Advice – Marriage license shall not be issued until after three months if parental advice is not obtained of if parents are not in favor of the marriage.  During the 3-month waiting period, the publication of the application shall be completed.  A sworn statement of the contracting parties must likewise be submitted indicating therein that the parents refuse to give advice.

For applicants above 25 years old

  1.  The same requirements as above:
  2. If the applicants are foreigners or former Filipino citizens but are now naturalized citizens of another country:
    • Passport – original and photocopy
    • Legal capacity to marry to be issued by their respective embassy in the Philippines.

If one of the applicants is a former Filipino citizen and a divorcee or foreign national formerly married to a Filipino, submit a Judicial Recognition of the absolute decree of divorce obtained abroad of his/her previous marriage.

Steps to follow:

  1. Request for an Order of Payment.
  2. Attend the seminar
    • For applicants 18 to 24 years old, proceed to Room 128-MHD and Room 108-MSWD
    • For applicants 25 years old and above, proceed to Room 128-MHD
    • A fee of Php 150.00 must be paid for the seminar.
  3. After the seminar, submit all documents to Ms Myrna Lopez at the counter for the application for Marriage Licenses.
  4. Marriage License will be released after 10 days.

Other reminders:

  1. If the applicants underwent a change in nationality, present naturalization papers/election of citizenship.
  2. If father is a foreigner and the mother is a Filipina, born from 1973 and earlier, please present an Affidavit of Citizenship.
  3. Please observe proper attire during oath-taking.  Avoid wearing shorts, sando, and slippers.






Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

42 thoughts on “How to Secure a Marriage License at the Manila City Hall

    1. Passport (bio-page)
      Copy of stamp on your latest arrival in the Philippines
      Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry (from the foreign embassy)
      Divorce Decree (if divorced)
      Death Certificate of deceased spouse (if widowed)
      Naturalization Paper (if Naturalized)

  1. Good day po. Ask ko lang po. Pwede po bang dito sa NCR kami mag apply for marriage license? Dito na kasi ang work namin. At dito rin ako voter. Pero plan namin na sa Leyte magpakasal since doon talaga ang hometown namin. At nandoon din ang families namin both sides. Uuwi kami ng Leyte 1 week before the wedding na so wala na pong time para kumuha ng marriage license. Thank you

    1. Hi Lily,

      You can get a marriage license in Manila (NCR) and get married in Leyte. Basta you or your fiance are residents of Manila (not necessarily permanent residents, but stays in the NCR frequently).


  2. Hi,
    We will get marriage license at Manila City Hall and we need to attend the seminar. May I know how many days ang seminar and schedule?

  3. Hi,

    Question lang.

    Kase pareho kaming nasa dubai at gusto namin magpakasal pagbalik ng pinas sa Manila. 1month lang kasi ang bakasyon namin. Kaya ba tapusin ung seminar within 1 week or may special cases sila sa mga OFW para makakuha kami ng Marriage License.

    1. Hi Junjun,

      Yes ang mga seminar ay pwede mong matapos sa loob ng isa o dalawang araw. Kaso, yung pag kuha ng marriage license, minsan umaabot ng isang buwan yan.

      Pero since OFW kayo pareho, maaari kayong makiusap sa munisipyo kung pwede nilang i-prioritize ang license ninyo. Siguraduhin niyo lang na kumpleto na ang mga documents ninyo upon application.


  4. Hi,


    Pano po pag sa birth certificate walang “Ma.” yung name ng mother pero sa Cenomar Meron nakalagay na Ma. tatanggapin po ba yon?


  5. Hello! I just want to clarify if i really need to have an ID with Manila address. I’m from Bacolod but we plan to have civil wedding in Manila. Can i get the marriage in Manila? Thank you

  6. Hi. Ask q lang po, what if po nag expire na po ung 120 days validity ng marriage license? Can we get another one or renew the old one? Thank you!

  7. hi i just wanna ask po kasi I am a permanent resident here in Canada then gusto namin kumuha ng marriage license in Manila. 6 yrs na ako here although originally from province ako. Since hindi na ako nagrereside sa province ko for almost 6 yrs, pwede bang sa Manila nalang kami kumuha ng marriage license since I am no longer comfortable going back to my original hometown?

  8. Hello po pano po makuha nang marriage certificate sa cityhall manila 2006 po kmi ng civil marriage pwede po ba mka kuha from online ang copy kasi ngwowork po ako dto sa hongkong

    1. Hi Sassymikee,

      Kung saaan kayo kumuha ng marriage license, mas maige na dun na din kayo mag seminar. Kung balak ninyong mag seminar sa ibang lugar, tanungin ninyo ang munisipyo kung saan irerehistro ang kasal ninyo kung tatanggapin nila ang seminar mula sa ibang lugar.


  9. I need a certified copy of a marriage contract. Mine is very faded since October 19,1989 that Evelyn Reyes and I were married at Manila City Hall. Please send.

      1. nagtanong po kc kmi sa manila city hall kelangan dw po ng valid id w/ address in manila…yung sss ko po kc nka address sa manila..pwedi na po kaya yun?

      2. nagtanong po kc kmi sa manila city hall kelangan dw po ng valid id w/ address in manila…yung sss ko po kc nka address sa manila..pwedi na po kaya yun?

        hahanapan pa po ba kmi ng barangay id or barangay cert?

  10. question lang po if the CENOMAR na isusubmit need na original ? or pede photocopy then bring lang yung original for reference?

    1. Hi Dapps,

      Yung photocopy ang kailangan mong i-submit sa munisipyo. Pero kailangang dala mo yung original for verification purposes. Malamang sa simbahan hingin ung original copy ng CENOMAR, may mga simbahan na nanghihingi ng original copy nito.


  11. Goodmorning po…ask q lng po…paano po kung tulad q….andito po aq ngaun hongkong…bkasyon q po next year…2 weeks lng po…eh balak po nmin magpaksal pag uwi q…october 2017 po uwi q….pwede po ba na ang mgiging husband q mag aaply ng marriag license???

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: