Parents who have children born before they were married can have their children legitimized by executing an Affidavit of Legitimation. This must be submitted to the Office of the Civil Registrar of the child’s birthplace. Court decrees, on the other hand, are legal instruments concerning the status of a person such as Admission of Paternity, Legitimation, Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), and the like.
Registration of court decrees as well as requests for CTCs of annulment, adoption, correction of entry, change of name, presumptive death, and the like are handled at Counter 7 of the Quezon City Hall. On the other hand, Court Decrees with finality and annotation as well as Legitimation papers must be submitted to Counter 15.
The following are the requirements when filing for Legitimation at the Quezon City Hall as well as the fees to be paid for other cases such as annulment of marriage, adoption, etc.
Requirements for Legitimation:
- Joint Affidavit of Legitimation signed by both parents.
- Certified True Copy of Marriage Contract
- Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
- Admission of Paternity/Acknowledgment of Father
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from NSO.
Other requirements will be on a case-to-case basis. Allow two to four working days as processing time; you will be given a claim stub for your filed request.
- Annulment of marriage – PHP 500.00
- Correction of entry or change of name – PHP 400.00
- Per registration of supplementary reports or documents as additional data – PHP 100.00
- Legalization of Aliens – PHP 500.00
- Local Adoption – PHP 1,000.00
- Legitimation – PHP 400.00
- Foundling – PHP 500.00
- Naturalization – PHP 1,000.00
- Foreign Adoption – PHP 1,000.00
- Repatriation – PHP 1,000.00
- Presumptive Death – PHP 1,000.00
- Per registration of other documents – PHP 300.00