The Quezon City Hall Series: Court Decrees and Legitimation


Parents who have children born before they were married can have their children legitimized by executing an Affidavit of Legitimation.  This must be submitted to the Office of the Civil Registrar of the child’s birthplace.  Court decrees, on the other hand, are legal instruments concerning the status of a person such as Admission of Paternity, Legitimation, Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), and the like.

Registration of court decrees as well as requests for CTCs of annulment, adoption, correction of entry, change of name, presumptive death, and the like are handled at Counter 7 of the Quezon City Hall.  On the other hand, Court Decrees with finality and annotation as well as Legitimation papers must be submitted to Counter 15.

The following are the requirements when filing for Legitimation at the Quezon City Hall as well as the fees to be paid for other cases such as annulment of marriage, adoption, etc.

Requirements for Legitimation:

  1. Joint Affidavit of Legitimation signed by both parents.
  2. Certified True Copy of Marriage Contract
  3. Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
  4. Admission of Paternity/Acknowledgment of Father
  5. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from NSO.

Other requirements will be on a case-to-case basis.  Allow two to four working days as processing time; you will be given a claim stub for your filed request.

Registration Fees:

  1. Annulment of marriage – PHP 500.00
  2. Correction of entry or change of name – PHP 400.00
  3. Per registration of supplementary reports or documents as additional data – PHP 100.00
  4. Legalization of Aliens – PHP 500.00
  5. Local Adoption – PHP 1,000.00
  6. Legitimation – PHP 400.00
  7. Foundling – PHP 500.00
  8. Naturalization – PHP 1,000.00
  9. Foreign Adoption – PHP 1,000.00
  10. Repatriation – PHP 1,000.00
  11. Presumptive Death – PHP 1,000.00
  12. Per registration of other documents – PHP 300.00


Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

15 thoughts on “The Quezon City Hall Series: Court Decrees and Legitimation

  1. Hello, can anybody tell me how can I apply for Online legitimation process due to covid-19 , I am currently staying at the province of Camarines Norte, Bicol Region. Thak you so much!

  2. Gud eve! Ask ko lng ano po dpat gawin? Ung birth certificate ng anak ko apelyedo ko nakalagay pro ung ginagamit nia apelyedo ng father nia,pwd ko ba ipa late registered anak ko at Malaki po ba magagastos?thanks po😊

    1. Hi Riza,

      Una, kung may birth certificate na ang anak mo, hindi mo na siya pwedeng ipa-late register. Kung may gusto kang baguhin sa contents ng birth certificate niya, kailangan sumunod sa processes, depende kung anong detail ung gusto mong ipabago or ipa-correct.

      Kung naka apelido siya sa father niya, at acknowledged siya ng father niya, hindi na pwedeng ipabago ang apelido niya to yours.

      If you will insist, you will need the services of a lawyer and the process will undergo court hearings.

      Yes, malaki ang magagastos.


  3. I just wanna ask regarding my birth year instead of 1968 it appears 1966 what should i do i want to apply a passport

    1. It’s up to you which one you are going to use ?The year in your documents or the one in your PSA(NSO) b.c? If you are going to use the year in your PSA copy try to support it with an affidavit so you can use your I.D’s, documents as passport requirements but if you are going to use the year 1968 you need a court order to correct your PSA record.

  4. I have presented in LCR (Bauan Batangas) but they didnt do any annotations instead they said to us that we will be processing this in Manila (PSA)

    Below were the documents i presented LCR (Bauan Batangas) where by daughter is registered.

    Joint Affidavit of Legitimation signed by both of us parents notarized in Dubai
    NSO Copy of Marriage Contract
    NSO Copy of Birth Certificate (acknowledgement was attached in my daughter’s Birth Certificate as my daughter is using my husband’s surename born 2006)
    Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from NSO.

    do i need this Admission of Paternity/Acknowledgment of Father?

      1. nope, they did’nt do anything nor stamp or annotate the docs, instead they just give us the documents as it is. Then instruct us to go to and process in Manila along with the certification sample of “Certificate proving Deed of Legitimation” She said this will be obtain from City Register of Manila. Now im lost as im afraid when i got to Manila they will not accommodate me as there is no stamp or annotate from my docs before coming there. If i need to comply the “Certificate proving Deed of Legitimation” where can i get this before going to Manila?

        I hope you can help me on this. Thanks a lot

  5. Good after noon po, Ask ko lng po kasi may problema po ako sa NSO q. kukuha na po sana ako ng passport pero hindi po tatanggapin ng DFA ang NSO q since yung surname na nakalagay sa first page ng NSO q is surname pa ng mama ko. pero po sa second page ng NSO q is may AUSF na ako. pero kelangan dw po talaga na surname na ng father ang dapat naka appear sa first page ng NSO q. what would I do po? Sana po matulungan nyo ako. Meron na din akong papers na galing local or sa birth place q na nakalagay sa remarks “this child is known to be using the surname of my father. since college po ginagamit q na ang surname ng papa q. at lahat na po ng valid ID’s q naka surname na po sa papa q. ang binigay po na option ng DFA saken is to change all my valid ID’s or pupuntahan q dw po sa province namin para maayos. So anu po gagawin q? Salamat po

  6. Thought-provoking comments . I learned a lot from the info – Does someone know if my company might obtain a template TX Form 803 form to edit ?

  7. Good am po sir..ask ko pano po gagawin kung Mali po yung name sa halip po na AMEC, ang naka lagay po sa birthcertificate o NSO nya sy AMY.At ang tunay nyang gender ay lalaki ang naka lagay po sa nso ay babae.saka isa pa pong prblema wala syang kahit na anong valid i.d ..pano po dapat gain?malaki po ba magagastos? O gender n lang po baguhin ?? Magpapakasal po kz kmi ng boyfriend ko kaso ganyan po ang problema.sana matulungan nyo po ako salamat po.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: