Are you one of the many Filipinos who lost their jobs because of the pandemic? If you are a contributing member of the SSS before you were unemployed, you can claim Unemployment Benefits from the SSS. You can file for this claim online, so you won’t have to go to an SSS office; I heard that SSS strictly implements a number coding scheme for transactions filed at their branches. So instead of waiting for your turn to visit an SSS office, why not try filing your claim online? It is easier and safer that way.
Before attempting to file a claim with the SSS online, make sure you already have a MySSS account. If you still don’t have one, you can get the step-by-step guide in my previous blog.
Here’s how you can file an online claim for your unemployment benefit from the SSS:
- Go to the new SSS online portal and choose the Member button.
- Login to your My.SSS account using your nominated username and password.
- Under the E-Services link, choose Apply for Unemployment Benefit.
- Fill out the online form with all the needed information.
- Click on Proceed.
- Read the certification and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will receive an email from the SSS notifying you that your claim has been received. You will be given a list of the documents you need to submit electronically (DOLE or POLO, notice of termination from your employer/affidavit of termination from employment).
- After you have sent the documentary requirements, you will receive another email from SSS confirming their receipt of the documents and the start of the processing of your application.
The proceeds will be released in about 5 to 10 days from the date of your application. If you nominated a bank account in your My.SSS account, the proceeds will be credited to your bank account. Otherwise, it will be released through other payment channels approved by SSS (UMID-ATM, PayMaya, and remittance transfer companies).
Remember, only those who were involuntarily separated or laid off due to valid reasons are qualified to avail of the SSS unemployment benefit.
Hope this article helped! If you have questions, don’t hesitate to drop me a line and I’ll do my best to find the answers for you.
Meantime, please share this article to as many people as you would like to help with useful information. Thank you in advance!