I found this super helpful article in Rappler that I think will help this year’s high school and college graduates secure their government IDs and other documents that are required when applying for a job. When I was a fresh graduate myself, I dreaded making trips to government offices because of the long lines and wait time. I remember when I applied for my Pag-IBIG number, I had to make two trips to their main office because I did not have a copy of my (NSO) birth certificate when I first came! Imagine the hassle!
If I had this list then, I would have been able to secure all my IDs and membership numbers in less than five days. So for those of you who are just getting a head start on this thing called adulating, here’s something that I hope can help you.
- Prepare the required documents.
For the complete list of required documents to secure an SSS number, please visit their website at www.sss.gov.ph. But let me tell you now, you need an original copy of your PSA birth certificate when securing an SSS number. You can order at www.psahelpline.ph and have it delivered to you instead.
- Accomplish the online form.
You’ll need a working and accessible email account so make sure yours is working. SSS will send a link to your email address and they will ask for further details from you (to verify that you truly are who you say you are). The link will expire in 5 days so do check your email diligently and reply as soon as you can.
- Review your details.
Always double check the entries you made on the form before hitting the “submit” button. When sure, click the Generate SSS number button.
- Print a copy of the documents and bring these to the nearest SSS branch.
Along with your PSA birth certificate and other requirements, submit the print-out to the nearest SSS branch. Make sure to bring photocopies, just in case.
- Prepare copies of accomplished PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and two copies of your latest 1×1 ID photos.
- Bring two valid IDs or a copy of your PSA birth certificate.
Submit all of the above to PhilHealth in order to get your PhilHealth number.
You can now apply for an NBI clearance online. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log on to nbi-clearance.com and register to a new account.
- Fill out the online form and click the I accept the Terms of Service box; read the terms and then click the I agree button.
- Wait for your account confirmation and as soon as it is activated, fill out the form and save your information.
- You may now secure an appointment with the NBI.
- Indicate the type of ID you will be bringing to your appointment. Make sure that this is a valid ID.
- Choose the date and NBI branch where you want to get your clearance. And then choose the mode of payment you prefer for your reservation.
- Pay the required fee and then log back to the website to register your account. You will see if your payment has been posted already: the status will either be paid (payment has posted) or pending (payment has not yet posted). Save a copy of the application form or take a screenshot with your phone; make sure that the reference number is clear and readable.
- On the date of your appointment, proceed to your chosen NBI branch and bring 2 valid IDs that you declared in your application, as well as the NBI clearance payment receipt.
- Upon reaching the NBI office, proceed to the image capturing section and biometrics so they can collect your information.
- The staff will ask you to review all your information before printing. If you do not have a “hit”, you will be able to get your clearance immediately. If you have a “hit” (meaning records match your name), you will have to wait for a few more days before you are issued your clearance.
Just like the SSS, you can now register online to apply for a Pag-IBIG membership.
- Log on to the Pag-IBIG website at www.pagibigfund.gov.ph and click the online registration link. You will be taken to a page where you need to key in your details.
- After you have double-checked that all entries are correct, submit your online form and wait for your Registration Tracking Number.
- Your Registration Tracking Number will serve as your temporary number while you are waiting for your permanent Pag-IBIG number.
UMID (Unified Multi-purpose ID)
- Print out this form, fill out and submit to the nearest SSS branch.
- After submitting, line up and have your photo, fingerprints, and signature taken.
- Your UMID card will be delivered to you within 30 calendar days (or longer, just wait.).
- When you receive your UMID card, you need to activate this. You can proceed to any SSS branch or selected kiosks in malls for the activation.
Questions? Send us an email!