Fake Birth Certificates

Bonjour. Mabuhay.

I’m sure you heard the news about the fake birth certificates proliferating in Sabah for our Filipino countrymen in the area. This just goes to show that you should always make sure you file it right and make sure you get authentic records for one of the most important documents that will pertain to your identity.

Marami nga ang palaging nagtatanong dito: na dalawa ang record nila, na wala silang record, na mali ang record. Sa totoo lang, mahirap ang mag-ayos ng isang bagay na dapat naman sa simula pa lang ay maayos na ginawa at tama ang pag gawa.

I hope we all learn from this. A reminder to new parents (or parents to be) make sure that your children’s birth records are authentic, correct, and checked before you sign it and file it. And for those na wala pang record, gawin natin ito ng tama at umiwas sa fixer na nangangako na madali nilang maaayos ang bagay na dapat naman ay tayo mismo ang gumawa para sigurado.

There are a lot of ways to get information on how to do this right. Online you can check this website www.birthcertificates.com.ph. Over the phone, you can try calling NSO Helpline (02) 737-1111. Personally, you can visit an NSO office near you or you local civil registrar.

Be smart.

Read the news:

The Blas F. Ople Policy Center called on the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to conduct an impartial probe into the sale and proliferation of fake birth certificates for irregular Filipino workers applying for Philippine passports in Sabah.

“The DFA’s mobile passport teams here and abroad must stand firm against any attempts to undermine the integrity of our passports. The impending crackdown on undocumented foreign workers in Sabah should not be used as an excuse by unscrupulous agencies to forge documents including the birth certificates of our workers,” said Susan Ople, head of the Ople Center.

Plantation workers sought the NGO’s help after a private manpower agency based in Lahad Datu, Sabah, provided them with birth certificates that bore false information. The false information made it appear that the passport applicants were born in the town of Tapul, Sulu.

Jeffrey Sandialan, 19, of Lower Sebatang in Pagadian City, filled up a form from the Office of the Civil Registrar, where he gave his real birthplace and religion, in order to secure a Philippine passport.

The form was collected by a Filipino-owned agency named “Pinoy Resources” with offices at Lahad Datu near Sandakan, Sabah.

“Jeffrey was surprised when the agency returned a different form already signed and bearing the stamp of the municipal registrar of Tapul, Sulu. The fake birth certificate indicated that his name was “Jeffret Tagontol Sanjalan”, born September 23, 1991 in Barangay Kalang, Tapul, Sulu with his religion now Islam instead of Catholic,” Ople said.

More Filipinos came forward when Ople visited Sabah. They also complained about the discrepancies in the birth certificates supplied by Pinoy Resources owner by a certain Filipina Juvy Ranjit.

Ople said Ranjit charged the workers more than 200 Malaysian ringgits for processing fees.

“It appears to me that these agencies are out to take advantage of these workers’ vulnerability knowing that the Royal Malaysian police will start cracking down on irregular foreign workers next month. Do they have links with illegal recruiters and human traffickers? This probability should also be looked into by the appropriate agencies,” Ople said.

Ople said the DFA investigative team should include representatives from the National Statistics Office since the birth certificates emanate from local civil registrars.

The former labor undersecretary went to Sabah to do some research on human trafficking using the backdoor, meaning through Bongao, Tawi-Tawi to seaports in Sandakan, Lahad Datu and Semporna.

Another Sabah-based manpower agency known as “Who’s The Boss” was also the subject of complaints from different workers who paid hundreds of Malaysian Ringgits for passports that were never released. According to one of the workers, an Indonesian was able to secure a Philippine passport through the said agency.

“The Ople Center recommends that the DFA and NSO conduct a joint probe into all these allegations, and in the meantime, direct the consular teams to refrain from dealing with these two manpower agencies pending the results of the investigation,” Ople said. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/03/28/12/%E2%80%98probe-fake-birth-certificates-sabah%E2%80%99

Wag maging biktima.

Kayang kaya mong gawin ang mga importanteng bagay na ito sa tamang paraan.




Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

43 thoughts on “Fake Birth Certificates

  1. makakaapekto po ba sa requirements ku sa SSS ang unang declaration ng place of birth na naibigay ku kc d pla yun ang tunay ,nuong nakuha ku na yung late registration ng birth ku d na nagtugma tapos may nadagdag pa na place of marriage ng parents ku d nmn cla married..

  2. Hi Sir….

    Nag pa ayos po Kasi ako bc, middle initial Kasi ni Tatay sa bc ko Malicay instead organista at dapat May jr. Nag file po ako nung sept. 15. Hanggang ngayon po Kasi wala parin. Gaano po ba katal Yun?

    Thank you po

  3. Pano po kapag nakalagay sa birth place ko ay yung lying in lang wala yung city/municipality, malaking problema po ba yun or pwede kong lagyan nalang?

  4. What if my certificate of live birth and nso birth certificate have something in different? My mother’s inputted name on my birth certificate was MARIBELINDA while my mother’s inputted name on my nso birth certificate was MARIBEL, will I encounter problems applying my sss or getting an sss number?

  5. What if my certificate of live birth and nso birth certificate have something in different? My mother’s inputted name on my birth certificate was MARIBELINDA while my mother’s inputted name on my birth certificate was MARIBEL, will I encounter problems applying my sss or getting an sss number?

  6. Sir any suggestion naman po pano maprocess within the week yung late registration. Hand carry ko na po yung mga documents from LCR. Problema ko na lang po yung sa NSO processing. Sabi po sakin 2-3weeks daw e. E kelangan ko na po before mag March. May mas mabilis po bang process para makakuha ng copy ng birth cert from NSO?? Para lang po sa passport po talga. Thanks

      1. Hi Sir. Thank you po. Sana po mabasa nyo to agad. May copy na po ko ng birth cert from LCR pero di pa po dumadaan sa NSO 2-3weeks daw po kasi. Sobrang urgent na po kasi. Pwede na po kaya itong requirement sa DFA as of now with affidavit?? Tas pakiusapan na lang to follow na lang yung authenticated from NSO??

  7. ano kaya ang mga requirements if mali ung birth month na nakalagay sa passport? tnx..
    feb.1, 1986 kxe q pero ang nakalagay sa passport q ay jan.1, 1986..

  8. HELLO master! I just wanna ask what are the requirements on filing a delayed registration in live birth, how long will it takes and who can apply this kind of procedure?

    1. You need the negative certification of birth from NSO and from the municipality where your birth is supposed to be registered, plus documents with your complete details. You can execute a Special power of attorney to authorize an immediate family member.

  9. hey boss! here is my problem with my nso birth..according to the dfa my family name needs documentary basis which is not found in my birth certificate.. Im john martin Acebes Cruz and my mom’s name christine Cruz Acebes,dad s not stated on my birth cert. what the dfa wants me to do is to find a way how to interchange my mom’s middle name and last name..so that my family name will have a basis..
    so if that would be the case how come LCR considered it to be like that?NSO also?
    everybody says follow nso..follow nso? then why does dfa had a problem with it?
    all statement on my BC is true and correct. however I had nothing to do about it, just need answer!

    1. Did they say what kind of documents you should show to them to prove your middle name and family name? They are questioning your name because it looks like you use your grandmothers surname as your middle name.

      1. I just came back to dfa asking some questions. what they told me, interchange my name instead of my mother..from john martin acebes cruz to John martin ACEBES . no middle name just first name and last name only. I will be an Acebes so that it coincides my mothers name on my birth cert christine Cruz Acebes..
        is this correct?
        I consult it to the LOCAL CR..petition of correction
        if is it true and correct, now how long it will takes??months or years??
        is there any other process to be rush???
        thank you and highly appreciated!!!

      2. Normally that kind of process takes 6 mos yo 1 year. You can request the LCR office to advance endorse it to NSO main office after completing the procedure.

  10. Hi, question po, how long po ung processing ng changing ng name sa local civil registrar? Kasi ung mother q typo error ung papers nia,. Lahat docs nia lucila ang nakalagay but them pgkuha nmin ng nso nia pati sa local nia leonila na ang name nia dun. Please help po fastest way of correction, kailngan nia kasi makakuha ng passport para mainvite na xa ng sister q sa japan. Thanks!

  11. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit
    more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is
    valuable and all. But think of if you added some great photos
    or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!

    Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this blog could definitely be one of the best in its
    niche. Superb blog!

  12. Hi, my wife renewed her passport but did not change her marital status. She still declared as single while our marriage is already registered more than three years in NSO and we have two kids also, is it considered a crime?. What might be the consequences if someone reports in DFA.

      1. Actually I discussed it with a lawyer and according to him it’s not allowed she need to declare as married retaining her maiden name is not an option untill or unless she is divorced or becomes widow. Plz comment

      2. The DFA will require her to submit an explanation or affidavit why she wants to use her maiden name. If it is valid and the DFA accepts, they will issue her a passport to her maiden name.

  13. hi.ang mga proof of doccuments na hawak kona ay ang tunay niyang birth certificate at ang birth certificate ng pinsan nya na ginamit para makakuha ng passport at un ang ginamit nya na at kasalukuyan gingamit.cia ay kasalukuyan nagtrtrabaho sa malaysia.humingi ng tulong ang kanyang asawa sa akin.para madiport cia.dahil iniwan nya ang asawa at mga anak at nakisma sa ibang lalaki at itoy ay malaysian citizen

    1. Kung falsification of identity, dapat sa embassy ng natin, pero you will need a lawyer. You also need to ask a lawyer if you are eligible to do this kasi yung company naman nya ang may problema sa maling identity at yung asawa naman nya dapat ang magkaso ng adultery sa kanya.

      Pwede mong sulatan ang company na pinagtatrabahuhan nya para malaman ito.

      Pero all in all, dapat sa abogado mo itanong ang mga detalye ng options na pwede para sa inyo.

      1. thanks.gawin ko yan payo nyo.pero ang kaso hindi namin alam ang company nya siya ay domestic worker.sa malaysia at ayon sa asawa at kamag anak nya hindi iisang amo ang pinagtratrabahoan nya.

  14. how if some one using other person birth certificate.not her own.applying a passport and she used that to apply in malaysia.what is the pinalty or what is the punishment doing of using a cousin birth certificate.i’ve known some doing.that.so please send me ur feedback.and please tell me what im suppose to do.please give an advise thanks

    1. If someone brings up the case with the DFA, the person could be banned from getting a passport forever. The DFA will see the double usage of identity for that.

      1. Hi’thanks for your reply.but i want to ask one more question.how if the person working in malaysia at the moment and her proof of doccuments with me.where i need to report this matter.while im working in singapore

      2. Eunice, hindi ko naintindihan, yung proof of documents nya means anong klaseng documents? And saan nya gagamitin as proof? And why do you need to report it?

      3. do i need to report in dfa in philippines and send all this doccument.but how if her own husband want her to be deport.where should i go to report this thanks again and hoping for your reply

      4. If you are related to the person, you can opt to go to the embassy to inquire on actions needed to be taken. If you are not related, then you need the husband to do it himself.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: