Tag Archive: national statistics office

1 Jan 03 B

A CENOMARor Certificate of No Marriage is a primary documentary requirement for those who are planning to get married.  It serves as proof that you or your would-be spouse is legally single – never contracted marriage or a previous marriage has been annulled.  It basically tells you if you are free to marry another person.

The CENOMARfollows a 6-month validity period and may be needed as early as when you file your application for a marriage license.  There are two ways you can get a copy of your CENOMARfrom the PSA: you can either go directly to any PSA office near your area or you can order it online at PSAHelpline.ph and have it delivered to your home or office.

How to get your CENOMAR at the PSA:


  • Duly accomplished CENOMARapplication form.
  • Present at least one valid ID:
    • Company ID
    • SSS/GSIS/Philhealth/Pag-IBIG ID
    • Driver’s License
    • Passport
    • PRC ID
    • Senior Citizen’s ID
    • Voter’s ID
    • NBI Clearance
    • PhilPost ID
    • PWD ID
  • If you are getting the CENOMAR of another person, you need to present an authorization letter signed by the owner.
  • Prepare P210.00 per copy of CENOMAR as a processing/application fee.  Pay only at the PSA cashier and make sure you are issued a government receipt. Never transact with fixers.
  • The CENOMAR may be released to you on the same day or may take as long as 10 days.

How to get your CENOMAR online through PSAHelpline.ph

There are three ways you can order your PSA CENOMAR from PSAHelplinePSAHelpline:

A CENOMAR costs Php 465.00 when you order through PSAHelpline (through any of the above channels).  That amount already includes the processing and delivery fees.  You can pay right at the website using your Visa or Mastercard credit card or at any of their partner payment facilities:

  • PNB
  • Metrobank
  • BDO
  • Bayad Center
  • ecPay at 7-11 stores
  • Bancnet ATMs
  • TouchPay

When ordering online, make sure to provide all the complete and correct details of the owner of the CENOMAR, including the correct delivery address, a working email address, and mobile and landline numbers for quick coordination with the courier on the day of delivery.

While the website and chat facilities are user-friendly, you might want to pay closer attention to the delivery guidelines.  Due to the Data Privacy Act, the PSA has implemented stricter measures to ensure that these civil registry documents are only delivered to its rightful owners or their authorized representatives.

For your benefit, I am including the list of IDs and documents you need to be able to present to the courier upon delivery of your ordered CENOMAR:

What are the necessary requirements to be presented when receiving the documents upon delivery?

If the person receiving the document is the owner of legal age or any of the Authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter of legal age), he or she should present a signed valid original ID.

If the receiving party is not one of the authorized persons, he/she needs to present the following:

  • An original signed letter of authorization (LOA) from the certificate owner of legal age/authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter, of legal age).
  • To present a signed, valid, original ID of the owner of legal age/authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter, of legal age).
  • A photocopy of the signed, valid, original ID of the owner of legal age/authorized persons (legal spouse, father, mother, son, or daughter, of legal age).
  • A photocopy of the signed valid original ID of the authorized representative.

Again, don’t wait until the last minute before you get a copy of your PSA certificates.  Always keep a copy in your files because you never know when you might need it for your transactions.





Jan 26

I was never a fan of keeping files as these have the tendency to pile up on my desk over time.  I have developed the habit of just getting what I need when I need it.  However, I realized this may not be a good practice when it comes to personal documents such as my birth certificate, transcript of records from college, and medical files.  Late last year, I was tasked to accompany my mom (who is a senior citizen) to the DFA to renew her passport.  Since she is a senior citizen, she was granted access to the Priority Lane and as her companion, I can have mine renewed on the same day as well.  It would have been the perfect opportunity to accomplish that task when we visited the DFA except that I did not have a copy of my PSA birth certificate.  I watched my mom breeze through the passport renewal process while I sat there, sadly thinking of the long and arduous process of snagging an appointment online and waiting for months for my turn at the DFA – all because I did not have a ready copy of my PSA birth certificate.

I am writing this piece to help shed some light on the importance of keeping your files updated with a ready copy of your personal documents from the PSA.  This is not limited to just birth certificates; married couples need to have a copy of their marriage certificate and every death in the family must be properly registered and documented too.  Keep copies of the PSA death certificates of your elders and other family members; you never know when you might need this for claims and possible inheritances.

Reasons why you need to always have a copy of your PSA birth certificate:

  1. Obtaining a Driver’s License

A driver’s license is one of the top government-issued IDs honored in almost all, if not all, public and private transactions (schools, banks, etc.).  You have to have your own license by the time you turn 21 years old (at least! Although I got mine when I turned 19).  Your PSA birth certificate is a basic requirement when applying for a driver’s license at the LTO.

  1. Applying for your Social Security System (SSS) number and ID

Your SSS number is a basic requirement when applying for a job (fresh graduates).  Again, your PSA birth certificate is a basic requirement, whether you are applying for your SSS number online or are appearing personally at an SSS office.

  1. Getting Married

You cannot get married in the Philippines without a proper Marriage License issued by the city or municipal hall.  In order to be issued a Marriage License, you need to prove that you are of legal, marrying age or if you still need to present your parents’ consent.  They will require a copy of your PSA birth certificate before they process your request for a Marriage License.

  1. Traveling Abroad

Whether you are a first-time applicant or are simply renewing your old passport, you need to present a copy of your PSA birth certificate.  The DFA will keep the original copy (or the copy you obtained from PSA) so make sure to photocopy your birth certificate before heading for your passport interview.  Or better yet, order more than one copy of your birth certificate so you can keep the rest for your files.  Yes, some government agencies require the original, not the reproduced copy.

  1. Bank Transactions

When my nephew turned 10, his parents gifted him with his very first savings account at BDO.  One of the requirements was a copy of my nephew’s PSA birth certificate.  I learned too that in some cases of loan applications, the client is required to submit a copy of his PSA birth and marriage certificate.

  1. School Enrolment

Keeping copies of your children’s PSA birth certificates in your files means one item crossed out from your to-do list during enrolment season.  Schools will always require copies of your child’s birth certificate so never ever be without these documents in your stash.

There are a multitude of other transactions where you may be required to submit a copy of your PSA birth certificates; quite a handful too for marriage and death certificates especially when transacting with a government agency.

You may easily obtain copies of your PSA certificates by ordering online at www.psahelpline.ph.  All you need to do is visit the website and submit a filled-out application form.  You may also pay conveniently with your credit card or visit any of their partner banks and payment remittance centers to secure your orders.  Your PSA certificates will be delivered to your preferred address, stress-free!

If you have questions about your PSA birth certificate, send us a message and we will do our best to find the answers for you.

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


Jan 16 (1)

There is a better and more efficient means to get PSA documents (birth, marriage, CENOMAR, death) and that is by ordering online at www.psahelpline.ph.  It works just like any other online retail facility where you simply choose the item you need, place it in your virtual cart, pay, and then wait for the order to arrive.

What PSA certificates can you order online?

You may request for copies of birth, marriage, death, and Certificate of No Marriage or CENOMAR.  Simply click on the ORDER NOW! button found on the site’s homepage, and then choose the document you need.

I only need the document for my files.  Can I still request online or is this facility only for those who are in a hurry?

PSAHelpline.ph is for everyone, especially those who do not have time to travel to or visit a PSA office. The site offers several reasons for requesting a PSA certificate; however, if you are requesting for personal purposes, you may simply choose ETC. (others) and specify that you need it for your files.

What personal information are required when placing an order?

Your first, middle, and last names are required, as well as your gender, birthday, birthplace, and birth right.  You will also be asked for your parents’ names so if you are not familiar with the spellings, better do an advance research to avoid discrepancies in your submitted application.

Have you had any legal proceedings done to your birth certificate?

Legal proceedings include:

1. Correction of entry

Your birth certificate underwent “Correction of Entry” if you had a name spelling or birth date corrected.  There should be an annotation in your birth certificate to show the correct entries; you will not be issued a new copy of your birth certificate.

2. Legitimation

If a child is born out of wedlock, his birth right will show that he is illegitimate.  When his biological parents marry afterwards, they have the option to file for Legitimation Due To Subsequent Marriage.  This process changes the child’s birth right from illegitimate to legitimate; the child may now rightfully use his father’s last name.

3. Adoption

After due adoption process, annotations will be affixed to the adopted child’s birth certificate.

4. Court Hearings

Common reasons why a person’s birth certificate undergoes legal proceedings is changing of middle and last names.  The changes will appear as annotations on the birth certificate.

5. Supplemental Report

If there are fields left blank in your birth certificate, it will be issued a Supplemental Report in order to supply the missing entries.  These will reflect as annotations on the blank spaces in your document, not necessarily written on the blank fields.

You need to indicate any legal proceeding done to your birth certificate, as part of the online ordering process.

Who is requesting for the document?

The site requires for the identity of the person placing the order and his relationship with the owner of the certificate.  The requesting party must be of legal age and must be the same person to receive the document upon delivery.

Requesting parties could be the owner himself, spouse, parents, children, and grandchildren. If the requesting party is not a relative, choose None of the Above.


Just like any other online shopping site, you will be given the chance to review the details of your ordered certificate on the Order Summary page.  Take time to review all entries you made; any error may negatively affect your order.

Provide a working mobile, landline, and email address where PSAHelpline.ph may contact you for any concerns with your application.

The fields for your delivery address are clearly labeled; the city and municipality fields have dropdown arrows where you can select the most appropriate location of your area.

In case you are not available to receive the documents you ordered, you need to assign at least three representatives and indicate their names at the bottom part of the screen.  If you fail to assign a representative, the courier will only be released to you as the Requesting Party.

Indicate how many copies you wish to order and then tick the small box beside I certify that all the information I’ve provided is true and correct.

Order Confirmation

Your order is confirmed when you are issued a Reference Number; this is the 10-digit number that will appear on your screen after you submit your order.  This will also be sent to your email as added reference.

You may now proceed with the payment of the ordered certificates.

Payment Channels

You have several options when paying for your ordered PSA certificates.

  1. Online payment using your Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
  2. Through Bancnet ATM
  3. BayadCenters
  4. EZPay at 7-11 stores

What you need upon document delivery

Make sure you are physically present at the delivery address on the days you are expecting the documents to arrive.  Prepare a valid ID to support your identity as the requesting party.

If you assigned representatives to receive the document on your behalf, leave a signed authorization letter and one valid ID.  The representative must also be able to present at least one valid ID to the courier.

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



Bonjour!  Mabuhay!

Growing up in the metro, I have become familiar with the not-so-frequent visits of people interviewing my parents on family members that reside in our home or live elsewhere.  Ang tawag daw sa ginagawa nila ay “census” at ito ay ginagawa para ma-determine ang human population sa Pilipinas.  The home visitations are done every five years.  Sabi ng mga parents ko, mga taga-NSO daw ang mga surveyors.

Later on in my adult life and finding the need for a copy of my Birth Certificate, I was delighted to know that I can conveniently have it processed and delivered to my home.  Government services have really come full circle!  Imagine, hindi na ako pipila ng madaling araw sa isang government agency para lang makakuha ng NSO Birth Certificate!  Mula sa mga nag-iikot na mga representatives ng NSO sa neighborhood namin, meron na silang hotline (02-737-1111) kung saan pwede akong tumawag para mag “order” ng civil registry certificates.  Natanggap ko ang mga NSO documents ko in less than three working days after I placed my orders.  I must say, nag level-up ang experience ko sa pakikipag transact sa isang government agency!

While working on some research late last year, I realized that the NSO has recently adapted a new name: The Philippine Statistics Authority, and are now more popularly known as PSA.  My, how times have changed!

This would not have made so much impact on me had it not been for a friend’s experience when enrolling his daughter in pre-school this year.  Hindi sila agad nakapag enroll dahil ayaw tanggapin ng school ang birth certificate ng bata.  Ang seal daw kasi ng certificate ay PSA, hind NSO.

My friend called his relatives who led him to the right person in PSA and there it was explained to him that the PSA is the new name of the NSO.  And that the PSA-issued birth certificate is as good as one issued by NSO in the past.  Bumalik sila sa school para makapag explain sa admissions; it turned out, halos lahat pala ng parents at teachers sa school ay hindi aware sa pagbabago ng pangalan ng NSO.

Para sa mga hindi pa nakakaalam na nagbago na ng pangalan ang NSO, I am sharing my research below.  I’m glad you dropped by and I hope makatulong ang mga information na ito sa inyo.

Read on!

Brief History

From the time the agency was conceived in 1940, it had undergone two changes in name and administrative supervision.  The latest change to PSA in 2013 would be its third.

The approval of Commonwealth Act number 591 in August 19, 1940 gave birth to the Bureau of Census and Statistics (BCS).

In March 1974, the BCS changed its name to National Census and Statistical Office (NCSO) under the administrative supervision of the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA).

Fast forward to 1987 with the Philippines under a new administration and by virtue of Executive Order number 121, the NCSO was renamed National Statistics Office (NSO), with respect to the order’s title “Reorganizing and Strengthening the Philippine Statistical System and for Other Purposes”.  It stayed under the Office of the President until December 28, 1993 when it was transferred back to the administrative supervision of NEDA by virtue of Executive Order No. 149.

In September 2013, the President signed into law Republic Act No. 10625 while its Implementing Rules and Regulations took effect on December 2013.  This law merged the National Statistics Office (NSO), National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB), Bureau of Labor and Employment Statistics (BLES) and the Bureau of Agricultural Statistics (BAS), to what we now know as the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).

There you have it, fellow citizens.  Ang dating NSO ay PSA na ngayon.  Kaya’t huwag na tayong magulat kung ang mga matatanggap natin na NSO-certified documents ay may seal na ng PSA, instead of the usual NSO seal.  At sakaling ang establishment na pagbibigyan ninyo ng mga civil registry documents na ito ay magtatanong kung bakit iba ang seal sa inyong certificate, you can advise them of this recent change in NSO’s name.

Going back to my “level up” experience in calling the NSOHelpline (02-737-1111); na-surprise ako nung malaman ko na apart from the hotline, meron na din silang online services.  Pwede ka nang mag order ng civil registry documents while on the go!  Bisitahin lang ang www.nsohelpline.com; may option ka na din mag bayad online para ma-process agad ang order mo.

In my next post, I will be talking about the roles and responsibilities of the Philippine Statistics Authority.  Importante din na well-informed tayo sa Mandate ng PSA dahil karamihan sa atin, ang akala natin ay taga release lang ng civil registry documents ang NSO.

Meantime, feel free to share this with everyone.  And post your questions, should you have any.

Thanks for dropping by!

Bonjour. Mabuhay.


Eto na 🙂


Republic of the Philippines
National Statistics Office


Subject: RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10172 (An Act Further Authorizing the City or Municipal Civil Registrar or the Consul General to Correct Clerical or Typographical Errors in the Day and Month in the Date of Birth or Sex of a Person Appearing in the Civil Register Without Need of a Judicial Order, Amending for this Purpose Act Numbered Ninety Forty-Eight.)

Pursuant to Section 2 of Act No. 3753, the Office of the Civil Registrar General (OCRG) hereby promulgates the following rules and regulations of Republic Act No. 10172 which was approved on August 15, 2012 for the information, guidance and compliance of all concerned parties.


Commonwealth Act No. 591 mandates the National Statistics Office (NSO) through the OCRG to carry out and administer the provisions of Act No. 3753 otherwise known as the “Civil Registry Law”.

This Order shall be suppletory to Administrative Order No. 1, Series of 2001 (Implementing Rules and Regulations, Republic Act No. 9048).

Republic Act No. 10172 amended Sections 1, 2, 5 and 8 of Republic Act No. 9048.  Section 1 of this Amendatory Law provides, “No entry in a civil register shall be changed or corrected without a judicial order, except for clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname, the day and month in the date of birth or sex of a person where it is patently clear that there was a clerical or typographical error or mistake in the entry, which can be corrected or changed by the concerned city or municipal civil registrar (C/MCR) or consul general in accordance with the provisions of this Act and its implementing rules and regulations.”


Rule 1.  Authority to Correct Clerical or Typographical Error

The duly appointed C/MCR in accordance with the provisions of the existing laws, including the Consul General, are hereby authorized to correct clerical or typographical errors in the day and month (date of birth) or sex of a person in the civil register for birth.

Rule 2.  Definition of Terms

As used in these rules, the following terms shall mean:

2.1.  Clerical or typographical error – Refers to a mistake committed in the performance of clerical work in writing, copying, transcribing or typing an entry in the civil register on the entry of day and month in the date of birth or the sex of the person, which is visible to the eyes or obvious to the understanding, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records: Provided, however, that no correction must involve the change of nationality, age (refers to the correction on the year of birth), or legitimacy status of the petitioner/document owner.

2.2. Sex – Refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women.

2.3. Day and Month of Birth – Refers to the entry in the month and/or day of birth of the petitioner/document owner which is sought to be corrected.

2.4. Accredited Government Physician – Refers to a licensed doctor of medicine who is registered with the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) and is  employed in any government hospitals, health institutions, or public health offices.

2.5. Medical Certification – Refers to the certification issued by the accredited government physician attesting to the fact that the petitioner/document owner has not undergone sex change or sex transplant.


Read more here: http://census.gov.ph/civilregistration/civil-registration-laws/republic-act-no-10172-implementing-rules-and-regulations


Hopefully all our local civil registrars will be able to provide this service.

Bonjour. Mabuhay.


If you need late registration or endorsement services for your birth records, you might find this site useful:




The website says:

If you requested for a copy of your birth certificate from the National Statistics Office (NSO), and all you got was a notice informing you that there is no record of your birth certificate, we can help.

An NSO birth certificate on security paper (SECPA) is one of the most important documents that everyone needs to have. Unfortunately, some of us have problems securing a copy from the NSO. There are a lot of possible reasons for this but fortunately, we can help.



Maybe they can help you 🙂


Good luck peeps.

Bonjour. Mabuhay.

NSO Late Registration?

Found some info that may help you in this website:


What is “Late Registration”?

Late registration is a process that a person must undergo if the fact of his or her birth was not recorded with the LCR of the place where the birth occurred.

A person must likewise undergo the process of late registration if the fact of his or her birth had been previously recorded with the LCR but the records have been destroyed or cannot be located despite diligent search; and there is no existing copy with the National Statistics Office (NSO).


You can avail of their help in getting you late registered.

Check it out.

Bonjour. Mabuhay.

It’s the start of the new week after a long break and I was browsing on old information when I found this. I think it is worthwhile to get us informed again on this matter, para sa mga hindi pa nakakaalam.

Do you know what an out-of-town reporting of birth is?

I’m sure you know what an out-of-town vacation is, so you have a head start already.

Well, read on to know if you have the right idea.

An out-of-town reporting of birth is meant as:

An out-of-town reporting of birth occurs when the Certificate of Live Birth is presented to the civil registrar of a city or municipality which is not the place of birth, not for registration but to be forwarded to the civil registrar of the city or municipality where the birth occurred and where it should be registered.

The duty of accepting Certificate of Live Birth for out-of-town reporting by the concerned civil registrar may also be performed by the Civil Registrar-General of by his authorized representatives who are the Regional Administrators and Provincial Statistics Officers of the National Statistics Office. (Rule 20, A.O. No. 1 s 1993).

So ready ka na mag -pa out of town registration? Read below to know what you need to bring.

1. The party who is applying for out-of-town reporting of birth shall execute an affidavit declaring therein, among other things, the facts of birth and the reasons why said birth was not recorded in the civil registrar of the city or municipality where it occurred. The affidavit which must be attested by at least two (2) witnesses, shall serve as an application for registration shall be submitted to the civil registrar together with four (4) copies of the Certificate of Live Birth;

2. If the application is for delayed registration of birth, the requirements under the rules governing delayed registration of birth shall also be complied with;

3. The civil registrar or the authorized representative of the National Statistics Office to the application for out-of-town reporting is presented may require from the applicant such other supporting papers as may be considered necessary in establishing the facts of birth especially those pertaining to the date and place of birth and affiliation of the child whose birth is being sought for registration;

4. The Certificate of Live Birth, for the purpose of this Rule, shall have the marginal annotation in the form of the following remark : ” Registered pursuant to Rule 20 of the Administrative Order No. 1, s. 1993″ ; and,

5. The civil registrar of the city or municipality where the out-of-town reporting is sought, upon receipt of the Certificate of Live Birth and pertinent papers, shall proceed with the registration. He shall indicate the date when he received the document, and shall sign over his printed name in appropriate space in the Certificate of Live Birth. When the Certificate of Live Birth has been duly recorded and assigned a registry number, the civil registrar shall send back the original copy to the civil registrar or the authorized representative of the National Statistics Office who forwarded the Certificate of Live Birth, who in turn shall give the copy bearing the registry number to the registrant. (Rule 20, A.O. Order No. 1 S. 1993)

Source: www.citizenservices.com.ph/blog
Originally posted on census.gov.ph

Hope this helps.



Bonjour. Mabuhay.

I’m sure you heard the news about the fake birth certificates proliferating in Sabah for our Filipino countrymen in the area. This just goes to show that you should always make sure you file it right and make sure you get authentic records for one of the most important documents that will pertain to your identity.

Marami nga ang palaging nagtatanong dito: na dalawa ang record nila, na wala silang record, na mali ang record. Sa totoo lang, mahirap ang mag-ayos ng isang bagay na dapat naman sa simula pa lang ay maayos na ginawa at tama ang pag gawa.

I hope we all learn from this. A reminder to new parents (or parents to be) make sure that your children’s birth records are authentic, correct, and checked before you sign it and file it. And for those na wala pang record, gawin natin ito ng tama at umiwas sa fixer na nangangako na madali nilang maaayos ang bagay na dapat naman ay tayo mismo ang gumawa para sigurado.

There are a lot of ways to get information on how to do this right. Online you can check this website www.birthcertificates.com.ph. Over the phone, you can try calling NSO Helpline (02) 737-1111. Personally, you can visit an NSO office near you or you local civil registrar.

Be smart.

Read the news:

The Blas F. Ople Policy Center called on the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to conduct an impartial probe into the sale and proliferation of fake birth certificates for irregular Filipino workers applying for Philippine passports in Sabah.

“The DFA’s mobile passport teams here and abroad must stand firm against any attempts to undermine the integrity of our passports. The impending crackdown on undocumented foreign workers in Sabah should not be used as an excuse by unscrupulous agencies to forge documents including the birth certificates of our workers,” said Susan Ople, head of the Ople Center.

Plantation workers sought the NGO’s help after a private manpower agency based in Lahad Datu, Sabah, provided them with birth certificates that bore false information. The false information made it appear that the passport applicants were born in the town of Tapul, Sulu.

Jeffrey Sandialan, 19, of Lower Sebatang in Pagadian City, filled up a form from the Office of the Civil Registrar, where he gave his real birthplace and religion, in order to secure a Philippine passport.

The form was collected by a Filipino-owned agency named “Pinoy Resources” with offices at Lahad Datu near Sandakan, Sabah.

“Jeffrey was surprised when the agency returned a different form already signed and bearing the stamp of the municipal registrar of Tapul, Sulu. The fake birth certificate indicated that his name was “Jeffret Tagontol Sanjalan”, born September 23, 1991 in Barangay Kalang, Tapul, Sulu with his religion now Islam instead of Catholic,” Ople said.

More Filipinos came forward when Ople visited Sabah. They also complained about the discrepancies in the birth certificates supplied by Pinoy Resources owner by a certain Filipina Juvy Ranjit.

Ople said Ranjit charged the workers more than 200 Malaysian ringgits for processing fees.

“It appears to me that these agencies are out to take advantage of these workers’ vulnerability knowing that the Royal Malaysian police will start cracking down on irregular foreign workers next month. Do they have links with illegal recruiters and human traffickers? This probability should also be looked into by the appropriate agencies,” Ople said.

Ople said the DFA investigative team should include representatives from the National Statistics Office since the birth certificates emanate from local civil registrars.

The former labor undersecretary went to Sabah to do some research on human trafficking using the backdoor, meaning through Bongao, Tawi-Tawi to seaports in Sandakan, Lahad Datu and Semporna.

Another Sabah-based manpower agency known as “Who’s The Boss” was also the subject of complaints from different workers who paid hundreds of Malaysian Ringgits for passports that were never released. According to one of the workers, an Indonesian was able to secure a Philippine passport through the said agency.

“The Ople Center recommends that the DFA and NSO conduct a joint probe into all these allegations, and in the meantime, direct the consular teams to refrain from dealing with these two manpower agencies pending the results of the investigation,” Ople said. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/03/28/12/%E2%80%98probe-fake-birth-certificates-sabah%E2%80%99

Wag maging biktima.

Kayang kaya mong gawin ang mga importanteng bagay na ito sa tamang paraan.



Bonjour. Mabuhay.

For those living in Paranaque and is planning to get a passport.

Here’s some news bit for you.


PARAÑAQUE CITY, February 27 (PIA) — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), in cooperation with the City Government of Parañaque, will hold mobile passport services in the city on April 14, 2012. 

Parañaque City Mayor Jun Bernabe thanked the DFA for considering their request.

“The DFA is kind enough to oblige to our request. We had this activity organized so that our citizens may file their passport applications with ease and save on time and money for transportation and meals, likewise rule out long queue and wait which may be stressful for children on tow,” said Bernabe.

He added that the mobile passport services will also be beneficial for foreign schools scholarship recipients and student exchange program beneficiaries; citizens applying for work abroad; families with approved immigration petitions; entrepreneurs planning business trips; and technical personnel who are named for specialized training abroad.

According to the Parañaque Tourism Special Services Office, the DFA will be accepting both new and renewal of passport applications.

Interested applicants may now get free “e-passport” applications from the Tourism Office at the second floor of the Parañaque City Hall.

Applicants must submit the completed passport application forms, together with other pertinent requirements to the City Tourism Office on or before March 19, 2012 (Monday). Only 600 slots are available on a “first-come, first-served basis.”

Meanwhile, new passport applicants must attach to the duly completed form the original copy of their birth certificates (BC) in security paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO); photocopies of supporting documents like PRC/IBP ID; driver’s license; government service record; old SSS FORM E-1 or digitized ID; and other documents that show full name, birth details, signature and other details.

For married women using the surname of their respective spouses, they must also submit the original copy of her NSO SECPA marriage contract. If a woman wishes to revert to her maiden name, she must submit the NSO-certified true copy of the death certificate of her deceased husband or the dispositive portion of the judgment on annulment or divorce.

For minor applicants (below 18 years of age), the application form must be accompanied by the original copy of the child’s NSO BC and photocopy of the parents’ marriage contract and ID; as well as supporting documents of identity like school ID, DepEd form 137 or transcript of records.


And for passport renewals, applicants must submit to the Parañaque Tourism Office, also on or before March 19, 2012 the completed applications accompanied by photocopies of their old passport including pages showing the latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps.

Personal appearance on April 14, 2012 (Saturday) is required for both new and renewal applicants. Passport fee is P 1,200. All payments will be covered by official government receipts.

Processed passports will be released at the city hall on May 5, 2012 (Saturday).

For more inquiries, please call the Parañaque Tourism Office at Telephones 829-0691 and 478-8606.  http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?article=241330320782

%d bloggers like this: