Social Security System (SSS) members are entitled to avail of the SSS Salary Loan any time, as long as eligibility requirements are met. If this is your first time to apply for a salary loan, you should realize that the SSS has made loan application processes so much easier now than maybe, five or ten years ago. In the past, SSS members had to submit their loan application forms and other requirements at SSS offices and wait for weeks before receiving their checks. It is so much different now and I am glad to be able to share with you how you can easily apply for and receive the proceeds of your SSS salary loan.
How do I qualify for an SSS Salary Loan application?
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order for your salary loan application to be approved:
- You must not be more than 65 years old at the time of application.
- You must be a regular paying SSS member and is currently employed, self-employed, or voluntarily contributing to the SSS.
- You must have paid at least 36 monthly contributions, six of which must be within the 12 months prior to the filing of the loan. If you wish to apply for a 2-month loan, you must have made a total of 72 monthly contributions, six of which were made within the last 12 months before loan application.
- You must not have been granted any final benefits such as death, retirement, and total permanent disability benefit by the SSS.
- You must not have any record of disqualification due to fraud committed against the SSS.
How do I apply for an SSS Salary Loan?
SSS loan applications are now done online. This is so much more convenient, efficient, and with the pandemic still very much present in our country, safe.
You need only to have a fully registered and active My.SSS account. To learn how to create a My.SSS account, click this link.
You also have to have a preferred electronic loan disbursement channel where SSS may send the proceeds of your loan. SSS no longer releases loan proceeds via checks. You may choose from the following banks, e-wallets, and other payment hubs:
- Any PESONet bank – if you have an account with a PESONet bank, you may enroll your account with SSS and receive the proceeds of your loan straight through your bank account. Some PESONet banks are:
- Bank of Commerce
- Security Bank
- Veterans Bank
- and many more
- PayMaya (now Maya)
- DCPay Philippines
- DBP Cash Padala through M Lhuillier
- SSS-issued UBP Quick Card that starts with “10” and has 12 numbers. (not the ones issued by other government offices)
Step-by-step process when applying for an SSS Salary Loan:
As soon as you have a My.SSS account and have enrolled your PESONet bank account or e-wallet, you may begin applying for an SSS salary loan.
- Log-on to your My.SSS account by clicking the Member portal on the SSS website. Click the I’m not a robot box and then hit Submit. Login using your username and password.
- On the banner right below the Social Security System logo, look for E-Services. Click that and choose Apply for a Salary Loan.
- Choose the electronic loan disbursement channel.
- Go over the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module (DAEM). This contains the details of the salary loan, charges and interest rates, payment terms, and other important items you need to know when availing the salary loan. After that, click the box that says I certify that I have read and understood the foregoing reminders on account enrollment then click Proceed.
- If you haven’t yet, enroll the bank account or e-wallet where you wish to receive your loan proceeds. You will need to upload a supporting document that bears your name and account number in order for the bank/e-wallet to be successfully acknowledged by the system.
- Wait for our Disbursement Account Enrollment to be approved. You only need to enroll your bank or e-wallet once. In the future, when you apply for a loan renewal, you won’t need to enroll a new account unless you are disabling the first one you nominated and would like to receive your proceeds through a different bank or e-wallet.
- Once your bank or e-wallet has been approved, you may proceed with the loan application. The page should look something like this:
8. After you click Proceed you willb e shown your Loan Disclosure Statement. This is an important document that you must keep as reference of the details of your loan. The following information are contained in the said document:
- Net loan proceeds
- Balance of your previous loan (if you have any)
- Monthly amortization
- Schedule of payment/due dates.
When ready to submit your application, click Proceed.
You will be issued a transaction number — keep this as well as reference of your application.
9. You will be notified via email about the status of your salary loan application.
- If you are employed, make sure to inform your HR or Finance department that you submitted a loan application online. They need to certify your loan application. If they fail to do this, your application will be disapproved.
- Your loan proceeds will be credited to your enrolled bank or e-wallet account in 2 to 3 working days provided there were no inconsistencies in your application requirements.
- You may view the status of your loan application through the Member portal in the SSS website, or by calling the SSS hotline at 1455 or 1-800-2255777 (toll free). You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck on your salary loan application!