A MySSS account allows you to conveniently file claims at the SSS without physically visiting their branches. You can check your SSS contributions, update your membership information, apply for loans and other privileges, and other such activities, right at the convenience of your home or office. You can do all these and more even after office hours and during holidays. A MySSS account is especially helpful now that our movements are limited because of the pandemic. Majority of our usual transactions with the SSS may now be done online, as long as you have a MySSS account.
If you still do not have an account, here’s how you can create yours:
- Log on to www.sss.gov.ph and choose the MEMBER button on the right side of the screen.
- Click the NOT YET REGISTERED IN MY.SSS? link to be taken to the registration page.
- Choose from the menu of IDs the ID or number that you can provide and click on that.
- You will be taken to the Online Member User ID Registration page. Supply all the information needed, taking note of your preferred User ID. This will be the username you will use to log in to your My.SSS account.
- Choose your preferred registration option. There are four registration IDs you can choose from, depending on which one applies to you:
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Savings Account Number Registered in SSS.
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID Card
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
Always tick the “I accept the Terms of Service” box at the end of the page.
- You will receive an email informing you of your User ID and a link where you can activate your My.SSS account. Click on the link and provide the last 6 digits of your CRN or SS number and then click on submit.
- Nominate a password that is compliant to the password convention requirements of the site. Keep a copy of your password so you don’t get locked out of your My.SSS account.
- Once your password is generated, you can now log in to your My.SSS account!
In my next blog, I will feature the different claims you can file online through the My.SSS portal. You will be amazed to see how much more convenient and efficient it is to transact with SSS online, especially now that we are not yet totally out of woods with this pandemic. And maybe even after we are, I would still encourage others to continue transacting online – it is faster, more economical, and even environment-friendly (paperless!).
Drop me your questions, folks! And please share this bit of information to others. TY in advance!