Tag Archive: TESDA

Mar 22 (1)

Almost 200 universities and colleges will be implementing the Free Tuition Fee law starting this school year; parents and students are eagerly looking forward to an expense-free education because even miscellaneous payments are covered by the act.  The government has allotted a P40-billion fund for the first year of the law’s implementation to cover the tuition fee requirements of hundreds of thousands of Filipino students.

What are the important facts that we all need to know about this new law?  Who are qualified to enjoy this privilege?

Here are the five important things we all need to know about the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act:

  1. The free tuition fee applies only to required classes for the semester. This means that a student’s tuition will be free for as long as the subjects he enrolled in are part of the curriculum and are required for him to finish his degree. Reviews, remedial, and enhancement classes are not covered.
  2. The definition of “miscellaneous”. Apart from tuition fee, the law also covers payments for miscellaneous requirements such as the use of libraries, laboratories, computer rooms, IDs, use of gyms and sports clinics, guidance counseling, medical and dental services, and other related activities.
  3. Schools must have programs for students from minority groups. The law covers even, and most especially, disadvantaged students and schools are mandated to craft programs to make it easier for them to avail of the free tuition law. Lumads, Muslims, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and students from public high schools and depressed areas are all included in the free tuition fee program and must be accommodated by the said participating schools.
  4. Opt-out Mechanism. Upon enrollment, a student may decide if he will avail of the free tuition fee program or voluntarily bow out of the offer. This is expected of students who have the financial capacity to shoulder his tuition and miscellaneous expenses.  He will be required to submit a notarized waiver and will then be considered as a paying student for that particular semester.  They have the chance to change their decision in the next semesters.
  5. Student Loan Program. Under the Free Tuition Fee Law, students will be given the privilege of an education loan. This shall be implemented in partnership with banks and similar financial institutions and will be discussed in detail in the IRR.

Stay tuned for more updates as the CHED discloses more information on this news.  The IRR is expected to be released on Monday, March 26, 2018.

Reference: http://www.ched.gov.ph

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



08 - 08

The bill granting free tuition fees for students of state universities and colleges was signed into law and announced to the public last Friday, August 4, 2017.  It is now known as Republic Act 10931 or the “Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act”.

To help the public better appreciate this good news, we are sharing the following summary to identify who are eligible for free tuition and other fees of` state universities and colleges (SUCs), local universities and colleges (LUCs), and technical-vocational institutions (TVIs).

Who are qualified?

  1. Students in SUCs and LUCs who passed the entrance examination and other admission and retention requirements.
  2. Students in state-run technical-vocational institutions (TVIs) under the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).  TVIs provide non-degree programs aimed at preparing technicians, paraprofessionals, and other categories of middle-level workers.

Who are not qualified?

  1. In SUCs and LUCs:
    • Students who have already attained a bachelor’s degree or comparable undergraduate degree from any higher education institution whether public or private.
    • Students who fail to comply with the admission and retention policies of the SUC or LUC.
    • Students who fail to complete their bachelor’s degree or comparable undergraduate degree within a year after the period prescribed in their program.
  2. In state-run TVIs:
    • Students who have obtained a bachelor’s degree as well as those who have received a certificate or diploma for a technical-vocational course equivalent to at least National Certificate III and above.
    • Students who fail in any course enrolled in during the course of the program.

Can private school enrollees avail of the free tuition fee program?

Yes, they can.

Section 7 of the RA states that a tertiary education subsidy shall be established for Filipino students enrolled or intend to enroll in an undergraduate post-secondary program of an SUC, LUC, private higher education institution, and private and state-run technical-vocational institution.

What are covered by the subsidy?

  1. Tuition and other school fees in private HEIs and private or LGU-operated TVIs which shall be equivalent to the tuition and other school fees of the nearest SUC or state-run TVI in their respective areas.
  2. Allowance for books, supplies, transportation, and miscellaneous personal expenses, including a reasonable allowance for documented rental or purchase of personal computer or laptop and other education-related expenses.
  3. Allowance for room and board costs incurred by the student.  Allowance for expenses related to the disability of a disabled student.
  4. One-time cost of obtaining the first professional credentials or qualifications.

If you have questions about this brand new law, send us a message and we will do our best to find the answers for you.




Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



A common requirement when travelling abroad are DFA-authenticated IDs and documents.  Whether you are traveling as a tourist, an overseas worker, or an exchange student, you will be required to have certain supporting documents “red-ribboned” by the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Here is a summary of the processes and requirements involved when having your documents authenticated.  Certain agencies handle the submission of the documents for authentication to the DFA.  For easier reference, we separated the documents that need to be hand-carried by the applicant to the DFA and those that will be handled by the agency.

General Procedure:

Step 1: Fill out an application form.

Step 2: Present a valid ID upon submission of the documents to the Processing Window.

Step 3: Pay appropriate Authentication Fees:

a. Php 100 / document (4 days processing)

b. Php 200 / document (1 day processing)

Step 4: Return the Duplicate copy of the receipt to the Processing Window.

Step 5: Claim the Authenticated document on the release date; simply present the machine-validated receipt at the releasing window.

Requirements for Authentication of Documents: APPLICANTS TO HAND-CARRY THESE DOCUMENTS TO THE DFA

  1. Birth / Marriage / Death Certificate and Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR).
    • Certificates must be in Security Paper issued by the PSA or must have been certified / authenticated by the PSA.
    • Local Civl Regsitrar (LCR) copy of Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, or Death Certificate may be required in cases when entries on the PSA copy are unreadable.
  2. Transcript of Records (TOR) and Diploma (For State Colleges and Universities)
    • Certified True Copies from the school
    • Secure Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) from the school signed by the School/University Registrar.
  3. Form 137 and Diploma (High School and Elementary Level)
    • Certified True Copies from the school
    • School Principal’s Certification
    • Division Superintendent’s endorsement to Dep-Ed Regional Office
    • Certification (CAV) from Dep-Ed Regional Office
  4. Certificate of Employment / Trainings / Seminars, Baptismal Certificate and other documents issued by a private entity.
    • Applicant must first secure an affidavit, stating necessary factual circumstances and indicating certificates as annex or attachment.
    • Affidavit must be notarized.
    • Applicant must secure Certificate of Authority for a Notarial Act (CANA) signed by the Executive Judge or Vice Executive Judge from the Regional Trial Court which issued the commission of the Notary Public. (Copy of Notarial Commission is not the same as Certificate of Authority for a Notarial Act).
  5. Other Notarized Documents (Special Powers of Attorney (SPA) / Affidavit of Consent / Invitation / Guarantee / MOA, etc.)
    • After document is notarized, applicant must secure Certificate of Authority for a Notarial Act (CANA) signed by the Executive Judge or Vice Executive Judge from the Regional Trial Court which issued the commission of the Notary Public.
  6. Court Decisions / Resolutions / Orders
    • Applicant must present certified true copies of the decision, resolution, or order.
    • Applicant must secure copy of specimen signature of the court personnel who signed the certified copies from the Office of Administrative Services (Supreme Court – located beside PGH).
    • Applicant may be required to submit annotated marriage certificate in cases regarding decision of finality of annulment.
  7. Immigration Records
    • Certified / Authenticated by the Bureau of Immigration (BI).
  8. DSWD Clearances
    • Travel Clearances for minors directly issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
  9. NBI Clearances
    • NBI Clearances for travel abroad must be issued by the National Bureau of Investigation (Green).
  10. Police Clearances
    • Police Clearance signed by the Chief of Police issued by the Philippine National Police in various police stations nationwide, usually by the police precinct which has jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence or applicant may opt to secure police certification from Camp Crame.
  11. Barangay Clearances
    • Clearances issued by the barangay which has jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence and must have been authenticated by the office of the Mayor which has jurisdiction over the barangay.
  12. Export Documents
    • Must be authenticated by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce (PCCI), the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Agriculture (DA), or by the Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD), depending on the nature of the document
  13. Business Registration and Other Documents issued by a Government Agency (e.g. SEC, DTI, BIR, Municipal Business Permit and Licensing Office, etc.)
    • Secure certified true copy from the issuing office.
  14. Foreign Documents
    • A Philippine Embassy or Philippine Consulate General in the country from where the document originated or by the said country’s Embassy or Consulate General based in the Philippines must have authenticated these documents.


The applicant will be issued a claim stub which he needs to bring to the DFA when claiming his authenticated document.

  1. Transcript of Records (TOR) and Diploma (Collegiate Level)
    • Certified True Copies from the school.
    • Secure Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
  2. Transcript of Records (TOR) and Diploma (Technical or Vocational Courses)
    • Certified True Copies from the school
    • Secure Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) from Technical Education and Skills Development Authority or TESDA.
  3. Medical / AIDS Free Certificate
    • Authenticated by the Department of Health (DOH) and applicable only for use to the following countries:
      • Spain
      • Palau
      • Libya
      • Oman
      • Cuba
      • Portugal
      • Greece
      • Cyprus
      • Angola
  4. Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) issued licenses.
    • Authenticated by CAAP
  5. Driver’s Licenses
    • Applicant must first secure certification from Land Transportation Office (LTO Main Branch only).
  6. Professional Licenses / Board Certificates / Board Ratings / Certifications
    • Certified True Copies must be authenticated by  Professional Regulations Commission (PRC).

All unclaimed authenticated documents will be disposed of by the DFA after three months so make sure to claim your documents on the date reflected on your claim stub.

Source: http://dfa.gov.ph/procedures

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



TESDA Free Online Course

Magandang balita para sa mga mahilig mag research o palawakin pa ang kanilang kaalaman tungkol sa Information Technology, Web Development gamit ang HTML5 at CSS3, Animation 3D, at iba pa.  Ang Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) ay nagbibigay ng libreng online courses sa IT, Animation, at iba pang web development interests.

Makakatulong ito sa mga gustong makapag aral ng IT ngunit walang oras para pumasok sa eskwelahan o kaya naman ay wala pang sapat na pera para makapag enroll.  Bukas din ito para sa mga kababayan nating OFWs.

Sa ngayon, hindi pa nag bibigay ang TESDA ng certificate sa mga nakatapos ng online courses na ito.  Ngunit kung sa tingin mo ay handa ka nang magpa-certify sa kanila kapag nakumpleto mo na ang lahat ng modules sa kursong napili mo, maaari kang mag tungo sa pinaka malapit na TESDA accredited assessment center or venue para sa face-to-face assessment for National Certification.

Para sa mga interesado, narito ang listahan ng mga online courses ng TESDA:

  1. Information Technology
    • Basic Computer Operation
    • Computer Systems Servicing
    • Web Development Using HTML5 and CSS3
    • CAD / CAM Operation
    • Animation (3D Digital)
    • Microsoft Online Courses
    • Game Development
    • Game Production Basics
    • Developing 2D Games with HTML5
    • Developing 2D and 3D Games with Unity
    • Software Development Fundamentals
    • C# Fundamentals for Beginners
    • Udacity – Google Courses
    • Android Development for Beginners
    • UX Design for Mobile Developers
    • SMART SWEEP Lecture Series
  2. Tourism
    • Food and Beverage Servicing
    • Waiter Servicing
    • Room Attendant Servicing
    • Bus Boy Servicing
  3. Housekeeping
    • Provide Housekeeping Services to Guests
    • Guest Room Attendant Servicing
    • Valet Servicing
    • Public Area Attendant Servicing
    • Laundry Servicing
  4. Cookery
    • Preparing Sandwiches
    • Preparing Egg Dishes
    • Preparing Vegetable Dishes
    • Preparing Starch Dishes
    • Preparing Salads and Salad Dressing
    • Preparing Appetizers
    • Preparing Desserts
    • Bread and Pastry Production
    • Preparing Pastry Products
  5. Electronics
    • Cellphone Servicing
    • Solar Night Light Assembly
  6. Agriculture
    • Fruit Grower
  7. Automotive
    • Diesel Engine Tune Up
    • Automotive Battery Servicing
  8. Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
    • Packaged Air Conditioner Unit Servicing
  9. Trainers Methodology I
    • Plan Training Session
    • Facilitate Learning Session
    • Conduct Competency Assessment
  10. Trainers Methodology II
    • Curriculum Development
  11. Health, Social, and other Community Development Services
    • Massage Therapy
    • Swedish Massage
    • Thai Massage
    • Shiatsu Massage
    • Beauty Care (Nail Care)

Bisitahin ang website ng TESDA sa http://e-tesda.gov.ph/ para makapag enroll.  Kailangan mo lang ng valid email address kung saan maaari mong ma-access ang link sa course na iyong napili.

Source: http://www.e-tesda.gov.ph/



Foreign Language Tesda

Gusto mo bang matutong magsalita ng Nihongo, Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic, at English? Sali na sa Free Foreign Language Courses ng TESDA ngayong 2016!

Ang pagkakaroon ng second language maliban sa Filipino ay isang malaking plus factor kung ikaw ay maga-apply ng trabaho dito sa Pilipinas o sa ibang bansa.  Ngunit marami ang hindi makapag-aral ng foreign language dahil may kamahalan ang kursong ito.

Ngayon, may pagkakataon ka nang makapag aral ng foreign language ng libre!  Ang TESDA ay tumatanggap ng mga aplikanteng interesadong matuto ng Nihongo (Japanese), Mandarin (Chinese), Spanish, Arabic, at English languages.  Narito ang mga qualifications at mga documents na kailangan mong ihanda kung nais mong mag-avail ng libreng kurso na ito:


  • Filipino citizen
  • 18 years old and above
  • At least High School graduate
  • Para maisama sa Priority List, kailangang pre-qualified ka na mag trabaho locally or abroad.


  • Original and photocopy of ANY of the following:
    • Transcript of Records
    • College or High School diploma
    • Training Certificate from TESDA – registered program.
    • National Certificate or Certificate of Competency issued by TESDA.
  • Original copy of NSO Birth Certificate (now PSA Birth Certificate) or NSO Marriage Certificate (now PSA Marriage Certificate).
  • Three pieces of 1 x 1 and one piece of 2 x 2 photos, both on white background.
  • Career Profiling (to be scheduled during enrollment).

Kapag kumpleto mo na ang requirements, magtungo sa TESDA Language Skills Institute na malapit sa inyo.  Para makita ang kumpletong listahan ng mga TESDA Language Skills Institute, puntahan ang website na ito.

Narito ang mga available na Foreign Language courses:

  • Basic Japanese Language (Nihongo) and Culture – 150 hours
  • Basic Chinese Language (Mandarin) and Culture – 100 hours
  • Basic Spanish Language – 100 hours
  • Basic Arabic Language and Saudi / Gulf Culture – 100 hours
  • English proficiency for Customer Service Workers – 100 hours

Schedule of Training

Morning Session  – 7:30am – 11:30am (Monday to Friday)

Afternoon Session – 12:30pm – 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)

Ang pag-aaral ng mga foreign language na nabanggit ay libre sa TESDA kaya’t pumunta na sa pinaka malapit na Language Skills Institute sa inyong lugar.  Ang enrolment ay first-come, first serve.  Narito ang complete training schedule at start dates para sa ating impormasyon: http://www.tesda.gov.ph/about/tesda/39

Red Ribbon.jpg

If you have plans of working abroad or will be working abroad soon, it is likely that your employers or the embassy of the country you will be working at will require for DFA-certified copies of your school credentials.  This is more commonly referred to as “Red Ribbon” because authenticated documents bear a red ribbon and the dry seal of the DFA.  The most common documents that need authentication are your Transcript of Records, Diploma, Certificate of Graduation, Form 137, and even your PSA Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate (when applicable).

How does one get his or her school credentials authenticated by the DFA?

The entire process begins with the Authentication and Verification of your school, CHED, TESDA, and or the DepEd (whichever is applicable to the student).  Any of these agencies (depending on the school you graduated from – public or private) must issue you a CAV or a Certificate of Authentication and Verification.  This shall mean that the documents you are submitting for authentication by the DFA are certified authentic and verified by the above agencies and by your school.  The CAV shall then form part of the documents to be submitted to DFA for authentication.

Read on for the step-by-step process in authenticating school credentials from a private school.  Please note that public school and state university graduates may inquire at their Registrar’s office regarding document authentication.

How to Red Ribbon College Diplomas and Transcript of Records (TOR)

  1. Prepare three (3) copies of your TOR and diploma.
  2. Submit the copies to your college or university’s Registrar’s Office; they will mark these as certified true copies.
  3. Request for an Authentication Registration Form from your Registrar; fill out the form and other documents the Registrar will give you. Make sure all your entries are written legibly.
  4. Pay the necessary fees; this will depend on your school. After paying, claim the certified true copies of your TOR and diploma.
  5. Proceed to the CHED office in your area and advise that you need your school documents authenticated by the DFA. Submit the copies certified by your Registrar, fill out the application forms, and pay the necessary fees.
  6. You will be given a stub containing the date when may collect your Red Ribboned papers at the DFA.

How to Red Ribbon High School Diploma and Form 137

  1. Prepare two (2) photocopies of your high school diploma; proceed to your school’s Registrar’s Office and advise that you need your diploma to be certified as true copies.
  2. Request for an Authentication Registration Form from your Registrar; fill out the form and other documents the Registrar will give you. Make sure all your entries are written legibly.
  3. Have the following ready as supporting documents for the authentication of your high school diploma and Form 137:
    • Form 137 (student’s permanent records)
    • Certificate of Graduation
    • Diploma
    • Special Order Number (if student graduated from a private school)
    • 2 pcs Passport size photos
  4. When you are sure that you have completed all documentary requirements, proceed to the DepEd office and file the documents you need authenticated by DFA.  You will be given a stub so you would know when you may claim your Red Ribboned documents at the DFA.

Authentication Fees:

  1. Php 100 / document (4 days processing)
  2. Php 200 / document (1 day processing)

Important Reminders:

  1. Unclaimed authenticated documents will be disposed of by the DFA after three (3) months from date of release.
  2. DFA San Fernando Pampanga (Office of Consular Affairs – Authentication Division) now accepts authentication for the following documents:
    • NBI Clearance
    • PSA-issued documents in security paper including CENOMAR
    • Barangay Certification w/ Mayor Certification (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Police Clearance (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Affidavits of Employment, Trainings/Seminars,  and Baptism/Confirmation w/ Regional Trial Court (RTC) Certification (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Other Notarized Documents (SPA, Affidavit of Support and Guarantee, Consent, etc.) with RTC Certification (issued within Regions 1, 2, 3, and CAR only).
    • Medical Certifications authenticated by DOH.
    • PRC Documents (issued within the NCR, Regions I, II, III and CAR only).
    • LTO License Certification (issued by LTO main office only).
    • Foreign Documents authenticated by the Philippine /Consulate or documents authenticated by Foreign Embassies/Consulates based in the Philippines.
    • School Records (TOR, Diploma, Form 137, etc) w/ CHED, TESDA, or DEP-Ed Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) (issued within the NCR, Regions I, II, III and CAR only).
  3. An applicant may request for authentication through a duly authorized representative.  Make sure that the representative is prepared with the following upon application:
    • Valid ID
    • Signed authorization or SPA from the applicant
    • Photocopy of applicant’s ID bearing the applicant’s signature
    • Photocopy of authorized representative’s ID
  4. In case the document needs further verification, the applicant is advised to file at Authentication Division, Aseana Building, corner Bradco Ave., Macapagal Blvd., Parañaque City.
  5. Liaison Officers of Recruitment Agencies are not allowed to transact authentication services at any Regional Consular Office (RCO).


How to Red Ribbon Diploma, TOR, Form 137 from DFA – Requirements


%d bloggers like this: