Tag Archive: GSIS

9 Sept 2b

Last week, we discussed the basic information about the Employees’ Compensation Program or ECP.  Most private employees are not aware that there is an ECP that works like insurance for employees and workers that is why we decided to feature this topic.

Today, we will continue with more information such as who can be identified as beneficiaries of an employee under the ECP and how to file EC claims.  All these information are lifted from the ecc.gov.ph website.

Read on.

  1. In case an employee dies, who shall receive the income benefits to which he is entitled to?

Benefit recipients are the employee’s beneficiaries.

  1. Who are the employee’s beneficiaries?

The beneficiaries shall be either primary or secondary and determined at the time of the employee’s death.

The following beneficiaries shall be considered primary:

  1. The legitimate spouse living with the employee at the time of the employee’s death until he remarries; and
  2. Legitimate, legitimated, legally adopted or acknowledged natural children, who are unmarried, not gainfully employed, not over 21 years of age, or over 21 years of age provided he is incapacitated and incapable of self-support due to physical or mental defect which is congenital or acquired during minority.

The following beneficiaries shall be considered secondary:

  1. The legitimate parents wholly dependent upon the employee for regular support;
  2. The legitimate descendants and illegitimate children who are unmarried, not gainfully employed, not over 21 years of age, or over 21 years of age provided he in incapacitated and incapable of self-support due to physical or mental defect which is congenital or acquired during minority.

Primary beneficiaries shall have a priority claim to death benefits over secondary beneficiaries.  Whenever there are primary beneficiaries, no death benefit shall be paid to his secondary beneficiaries.

  1. When shall EC claims be filed?

EC claims must be filed within the period of three years from:

  • In case of sickness, from the time the employee was unable to report for work;
  • In case of injury, from the time of the incident;
  • In case of death, from the date of death.

The filing of disability or death benefits either under the SSS law or the GSIS law within three years from the time the cause of action accrued would stop the running of the prescriptive period.

  1. Where are EC claims filed?

All EC claims may be filed by the claimant at his option in the GSIS regional office (for employees in the public sector) or SSS branch (for employees in the private sector), nearest to his place of work or residence.

As employees, especially those in the private sector, must make sure that the employer is regularly paying the employee’s EC contributions.  This is the best way to ensure that you can claim from the ECC later on.


Source: www.ecc.gov.ph


3 Mar 21.jpg

Now that we have the list of documents and IDs that can be presented when registering for a National ID, we shall be sharing the areas of registration centers where citizens and resident aliens can submit their application.  The following list was lifted from the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the RA 11055 or the Philippine Identification System Act.

Section 8. Registration

  1. Registration Centers

Every citizen or resident alien shall register personally in any of the following registration centers that have the necessary facilities to capture the information required to be contained in the registry.  These registration center shall be made available one year after the effectivity of this Act:

  • Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Regional and Provincial Offices;
  • Local Civil Registry Offices (LCROs);
  • Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) for its members and their dependents;
  • Social Security System (SSS) for its members and their dependents;
  • Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth);
  • Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF);
  • Commission on Elections (COMELEC);
  • Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost); and
  • Other government agencies and GOCCs as may be assigned by the PSA.

Take note:

  • The list of offices of the above-mentioned agencies, which will be designated as registration centers, shall be posted on the PSA website.
  • The above agencies shall each designate an area for the setting up of registration centers by the PSA.  The PSA shall provide the necessary facilities, manpower, equipment, registration system, and resources to carry out the registration in the registration centers.
  • In the case of Filipino citizens residing abroad, the registration shall be made in the nearest Philippine Embassy or Philippine Foreign Service post, or other registration centers that may be designated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the PSA.




https://bit.ly/2Tfvhyv (PDF Copy of the IRR)


This blog is sponsored by PSAHelpline.ph.

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph/

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at http://www.PSAHelpline.ph or through our FB Chat Messenger at @PSAHelpline.ph


Aug 15

Every cloud has a silver lining.

This adage could not have been more real (or literal!) to SSS and GSIS members whose properties, sources of income, and places of work have been devastated by the recent typhoons and monsoon rains that flooded areas in Metro Manila and Luzon provinces this weekend.

Last Monday, August 13, the SSS announced that they shall be accepting calamity loan applications for members who have been adversely affected by typhoons Henry, Inday, Josie, and the monsoon rains experienced last month and last weekend.  A qualified member may be granted up to Php 16,000 calamity loan while pensioners may receive up to three months’ worth of their monthly pension.

On the other hand, GSIS invites its government employee members to avail of the consolidated loan program which is equivalent to a member’s three to 14 months’ combined salary.

If your home or place of work is affected by the recent typhoons and monsoon rains, you may want to call or visit a GSIS or SSS office to inquire about your loan privileges.

Source: www.news.abs-cbn.com

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



Kung ang isang Senior Citizen ay hindi tumatanggap ng pension mula sa SSS o sa GSIS, maaari siyang mag apply sa DSWD para mapabilang sa Social Pension Program.  Narito ang mga requirements:

  1. Dapat ay 60 years old pataas ang edad ng aplikante.
  2. Dapat ay hindi tumatanggap ng pension ang aplikante mula sa SSS o sa GSIS.
  3. Kailangang may Certificate of Indigency ang aplikante mula sa barangay kung saan siya nakatira.

Ang mga aplikante ay ia-assess ng isang social worker mula sa DSWD; kapag pumasa, ipapadala sa DSWD ang kanilang endorsement para sa final approval.

Kapag na-aprubahan ang application for pension, makakatanggap ng Php1,500 na pension tuwing tatlong buwan (quarterly) o Php500 monthly.  Kailangan lamang mag hintay ng qualified pensioner hangga’t may mabakanteng “lugar” para sa kanila.  Ibig sabihin nito, ang lahat ng maa-aprubahang aplikante ay ilalagay sa wait list; habang nasa wait list, hindi muna sila makakatanggap ng pension.  Kapag may pumanaw na na DSWD pensioner o natanggal sa listahan dahil hindi na nakabilang sa indigent pensioner’s list, ay saka pa lamang mag-uumpisang tumanggap ng pension ang mga nasa wait list.

Hindi din malinaw kung ang tatanggapin bang pension ng mga nasa wait list ay lump sum ng mga pension na hindi nila natanggap habang sila ay naghihintay o mag uumpisa lamang ang bilang kapag sila ay natanggal na sa wait list.

Maaaring mag submit ang mga nais mag  apply sa DSWD Social Pension sa kahit na anong DSWD office sa buong bansa.

Source: http://kickerdaily.com/posts/2016/07/indigent-senior-citizens-without-sss-gsis-pension-can-apply-for-dswd-social-pension/


National ID System

In 2015, the House of Representatives approved House Bill No. 5060 requiring all Filipinos to be issued a national identification card.  This covers Filipinos in the country and those residing abroad.  It shall serve as the main identification of Filipinos and will be required for all government transactions such as applications for driver’s license and passports, SSS and GSIS claims, use of Philhealth privileges, and applying for a clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation and the Philippine National Police.

The bill has yet to be decided on by the Senate.

Currently, the general requirement for public and commercial transactions is for an individual to present at least two government-issued ID cards to validate his identity.  It would be easy for a Pinoy to simply present an SSS, GSIS, Philhealth, Driver’s License, Voter’s ID, Senior Citizen ID, or a Professional Regulation Commission ID if his livelihood, profession, or age has qualified him to own any of these.  Otherwise, a Postal ID or a Passport would also be required.  Seldom though that a person has at least two of any of the above IDs.

The need to have a national identification paved the way for the Unified Multi-Purpose ID Card (UMID) issued to SSS, GSIS, Philhealth, and Pag-IBIG members.  The UMID, however, discriminates against citizens who have not sought membership from any of the mentioned agencies, decreasing its merit as a national ID.  It leaves out the self-employed, unemployed, minors, and Pinoy workers abroad.

The national ID covers all citizens of the Philippines, regardless of their geographical location, employment status, skills, and age.  An individual’s national ID may be replaced only when:

  • A child reaches the legal age of 18 years old;
  • A woman who got married and wishes to adopt her husband’s last name as her own;
  • A woman who has been granted annulment from her marriage and wishes to revert to her maiden last name;
  • In case of loss or destruction.

It shall be made of tamper-proof and printed on security material and will be valid for life.

Some groups contested the national ID system as it is vulnerable to security issues such as violation of privacy and identity theft.  In order to address these concerns that threatened to nip the proposal in the bud, the bill included sanctions for imminent abuse of the system.

The entire nation is waiting for the Senate’s final decision on the proposal.  Meanwhile, let us hold on to our government-issued ID card/s, making sure that these are updated and valid all the time.

Do you agree that we, as a nation, must have a National ID System?  Tell us what you think!

Source: http://business.inquirer.net/192804/national-id-system


GSP Poster

Magandang balita para sa mga estudyante na naghahanap ng pagkakataon na mabigyan ng scholarship sa kolehiyo.

Ang Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) ay kasalukuyang tumatanggap ng mga applications para sa GSIS Scholarship Program o GSP para sa academic year 2016 – 2017.  Mas pinalawak ang coverage ng scholarship ngayong taon para mas marami ang maabot ng nasabing educational benefit:

  • Bukas na ang GSP sa lahat ng college year levels na four or five-year course (dati ay incoming college freshman lamang).
  • Mas maraming scholarship slots mula 200 to 400.
  • Nagdagdag ng 40 slots para sa mga qualified dependents ng Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Indigenous Peoples, and Solo Parents.
  • Mas mataas na monthly stipend mula P2,000 to P3,000.
  • May monetary incentive para sa mga magtatapos na may Latin Honors:
    • P20,000 para sa Cum Laude
    • P30,000 para sa Magna Cum Laude
    • P50,000 para sa Summa Cum Laude

Sino ang maaaring mag apply ng GSP?

  • Mga anak at dependents ng active at regular GSIS members.
  • Dependents ng mga GSIS members na may asawa pero walang anak, single, at Permanent Total Disability (PTD) pensioners below 60 years old.

Ano ang mga requirements na kailangang tuparin ng magno-nominate ng scholarship applicant?

  • Kailangang employed sa gobyerno ng hindi bababa sa tatlong taon, permanent ang status, at regular GSIS member.
  • Kailangang nasa salary grade na 24 or below (or its equivalent job level) at kumpleto ang premium contributions sa nakaraang huling anim na buwan.

Ano ang mga documentary requirements na kailangang i-submit ng aplikante?

  • Duly accomplished application GSP-Application-Form.
  • PSA Birth Certificate of dependent
  • Certificate of employment of the member (not a requirement for PTD pensioner-applicants)
  • Certification from the school that the nominated scholar is accepted in any year level in college during the current Academic Year.

Para sa mga PWD, IP, and Single Parent applicants:

Endorsement from the head of agency/office attesting to the veracity of claim that applicant belongs to above-mentioned sectors; and government-issued authentication i.e., PWD ID from the local social welfare development office (LSWDO) or National Council on Disability Affairs; Certificate of Confirmation of Tribal Membership from the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and SP ID from LSWDO.

Ang mga makakapasang aplikante ay mabibigyan ng hindi lalagpas sa P40,000 actual cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees para sa buong academic year.

Tatanggap ang mga GSIS branches ng mga applications hanggang June 10, 2016.







Did you know that GSIS offers non-life insurance coverage not just for its members but also for their members’ immediate family, regardless if they are government employees? Yes, they do! Enjoy the most affordable premiums because GSIS does not charge documentary stamps; these are tax free as well.

The insurances are collectively known as GCARE and covers the following:

  1. Fire Insurance (Home Shield)
  2. Motor Vehicle Insurance (Auto Shield)
  3. Personal Accident (My Shield)

Apart from active GSIS members, the following may also avail of the above insurance coverage:

  1. Legitimate spouse of an active GSIS member
  2. Parent/s of an active GSIS member
  3. Legitimate children of an active GSIS member
  4. GSIS retirees and pensioners (regular and survivorship)

What are properties can be covered by the GCARE insurance?

Home Shield. Fire insurance for real and personal properties that do not have government insurable interest. This does not include properties that are mortgaged with Pag-IBIG. Properties covered (residential use):

  1. Residential unit
  2. Condominium unit
  3. Townhouse unit
  4. Apartment unit
  5. Household /business furniture /fixtures/personal effects owned by qualified assureds.

Auto Shield. Motor vehicles except the following:

  1. Public utility vehicles such as taxis, FXs with yellow plate, assembled jeepney with PUJ plates
  2. Motorcycles
  3. Commercial vehicles such as light/heavy delivery dump trucks.

My Shield. Personal Accident Insurance.

  • Death
    • 100% of the principal sum for loss of life
    • Total sum insured but not to exceed P100,000.00
    • Payment for the loss of life indemnity if an accident results to death within 180 days after the date of the accident.
  • Dismemberment and Loss of Sight Indemnity
  • Permanent Total Disability, with:
    • Medical expense reimbursement of 10% of principal sum but not more than P50,000.00 whichever is lower.
    • Bereavement assistance – P10,000.00

Here are the basic documentary requirements that an applicant must have when enrolling for any of the GCARE insurances. Note that additional documents may be required depending on the kind of insurance you are applying for:

For more information, you may call (632) 976-3430 to 31.

How to Apply for a UMID Card


The UMID Card, or the Unified Multi-Purpose ID card ay ang pinag-isang ID para sa SSS, GSIS, Pagibig, at Philhealth members.  It is considered a valid government-issued ID and is honored in all transactions with the four government agencies mentioned above.

Madali lang mag apply for a UMID card and getting one is free of charge.  It has security features similar with the new Phlpost ID.  Kung GSIS member ka, mas madaling mag apply ng loan at mag check ng account through GWAPS kiosk gamit ang UMID because all you need to do is tap the card on UMID-compliant GWAPS machine to begin transacting!

Government and private employees, self-employed individuals, and OFWs are encouraged to apply for a UMID card.

Here’s how:

  1. If you are a government employee, apply at the GSIS Enrollment Center.
  2. If you are a private employee, self-employed, or an OFW and are already a member of SSS, proceed to the nearest SSS branch.
  3. If you are both a GSIS and SSS member, you need to apply at GSIS.  As a GSIS member, you will need the ATM functionality of the UMID card – a feature that is not present in UMID cards issued by the SSS.

Here are the documents and IDs you need to prepare when you visit your respective enrollment center:

  1. Bring any of the following primary valid IDs:
    • Valid passport
    • Driver’s License
    • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), and
    • Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book or Seaman’s Book.
  2. Kung wala ka ng kahit na alin sa mga IDs na nabanggit sa itaas, bring any TWO of the following documents:
    • NSO Birth Certificate
    • Company ID
    • Postal ID
    • Philhealth ID Card
    • GSIS Card
    • GSIS Certificate Membership
    • Tax Identification Card
    • Voter’s Identification Card
    • Marriage Contract
    • NBI Clearance
    • Police Clearance
    • Senior Citizen ID
    • PagIBIG Member’s Data Form
    • Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration Card (OWWA)
    • IDs issued by local government units (e.g. Barangay, Municipality, or City)
    • ID cards issued by Professional Associations
    • Baptismal Certificate
    • Alien Certificate of Registration
    • Transcript of School Records
    • Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms and Explosive Unit of PNP.
    • Temporary License issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
    • Permanent Residency ID
    • Certificates from:
      • Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
      • Office of Muslim Affairs
    • Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/ Seafarer’s ID and Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
    • Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
    • Bank Account Passbook
  3. Download the UMID card application form, accomplish with correct and accurate information.  Bring the filled out form along with your identification cards and documents to your chosen enrollment center.
  4. Upon submission, your application form and identification will be verified.  After this, ID picture and finger print capture na.  Papipirmahin ka din sa signature pad; this will appear on your UMID card later on.
  5. Your UMID card will be sent to you by mail in 30 days.  If you are applying at an SSS branch, they will give you your UMID application slip bearing the date when you will receive your card.  Kung hindi mo ito matatanggap within the said period, maaari kang mag inquire sa pinakamalapit na SSS branch o sa GSIS office kung saan ka nag apply.
  6. Kung ikaw ay GSIS member o pensioner at may eCard Plus ka na, required ka pa din kumuha ng UMID card.  If you are a pensioner, your UMID card will be delivered to your home address.  If you are a GSIS member, your UMID will be delivered to you by your Agency Liaison Officer.
  7. For GSIS members and pensioners, you need to activate your UMID cards because it has ATM functionalities related to your GSIS transactions.  Private employees or those who applied through SSS need not activate their UMID.

Apply now!

Source: http://www.iweb.ph/how-to-apply-umid-card#


Bonjour. Mabuhay.

News tidbit for GSIS pensioners:

THE Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) has signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with the National Statistics Office (NSO) with regard the establishment of a pensioner database.

As per the MOA, the GSIS will provide the NSO with an initial list of all its old-age and survivorship pensioners, as well as a monthly report.

The NSO will then match the data with its own records and submit to the pension fund a report on who are already deceased or who have re-married in the case of survivorship pensioners.

“This will then be the basis of the GSIS in labeling or tagging the status of pensioner in its database,” GSIS president and general manager Robert Vergara was quoted as saying.

The initiative, he added, is part of the continuing efforts to provide more responsive service to GSIS members and pensioners. “We don’t want to impose unnecessary hardship on our more than 300,000 old-age and survivorship pensioners.”

The GSIS revoked the requirement for pensioners to renew their active status during their birth month effective last May 1.

But pensioners whose Annual Renewal of Active Status (Aras) were suspended as of April 30, and those whose monthly pension are about to be suspended due to their failure to renew their Aras during their birth months of February, March or April, need to still activate their status or their pension will be discontinued.

Pensioners living abroad are also required to renew their active status via video call or through the use of Skype, a web-based software that allows users to make telephone calls over the Internet free of charge. (CGC)http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/business/2011/05/22/2-agencies-sign-agreement-pensioners-benefit-156847

Bonjour. Mabuhay.

Found this FB page that offers the following info:

Pinoy Beneficio aims to help our fellow Pinoys in finding the answers to their questions regarding GSIS/SSS, Philhealth and other benefits.

Could be a useful page that you can visit to get updated information regarding the mentioned government services.

Will keep a close watch for you as well. Name’s a good clincher 🙂

Follow this link for a quick view: http://www.facebook.com/pinoy.beneficio

Have a good day.

%d bloggers like this: