Tag Archive: enrollment


Apr 17

Are you enrolling your child as a Senior High School student or college freshman in a few months?  Here are the basic requirements you need to prepare in order to achieve a hassle-free school admission.

Senior High School (K-12)

  1. Certificate of Junior High School Completion.
  2. Certificate of Good Moral Character (from the previous school, if you are transferring to another school).
  3. Form 138 (Report Card)
  4. Form 137 (Secondary Student’s Permanent Record).
  5. National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) Certificate
  6. PSA Birth Certificate (formerly NSO birth certificate)
  7. ID pictures (white background)
  8. Medical Exams (schools may have a designated partner clinic for this).

College Freshman

  1. Certificate of Good Moral Character
  2. Form 138 (Report Card)
  3. Form 137 (Secondary Student’s Permanent Record)
  4. National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) Certificate
  5. PSA Birth Certificate (formerly NSO birth certificate)
  6. PSA Marriage Certificate (if married)
  7. Medical Exams (schools may have a designated partner clinic for this).

College Transferees

  1. Honorable Dismissal or Transfer Credential
  2. Transcript of Records (CIIT provides crediting of subjects from your previous colleges especially for minor subjects).
  3. Course Description
  4. Copy of College Diploma (for second coursers only).
  5. PSA Birth Certificate (formerly NSO birth certificate).
  6. PSA Marriage Certificate (if married)
  7. Medical Exam (schools may have a designated partner clinic for this).

Prepare photocopies of your documents, as some schools require that you submit the original copies.  You may conveniently order for several copies of your PSA documents (birth, marriage) at www.psahelpline.ph and have these delivered to your home.




Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


06 - 06

Classes in public schools opened yesterday, June 5, 2017.  Nearly 27 million students, from grade school to high school, trooped to their respective classrooms, ready to begin a new school year.  Private schools are likewise poised to open their gates next week while enrollment and admissions in colleges and universities are still in full swing.

The Department of Education released a helpful guideline on the different policies involved in school opening, particularly for the grade school and high school levels.   We are sharing the salient points of the material here for your ready and easy reference.

The policies cover both public and private schools.

Read and share!


A. Kindergarten

  • Age qualification – must be 5 years old by the end of August 2017
  • Presentation of birth certificate or baptismal certificate (may be submitted within the school year).
  • Affidavit of identity of the learner, if birth or baptismal certificate is not available.

B. Eligibility to Grade 1

  • Completers of DepEd-accredited Kindergarten programs
  • Kindergarten Catch-up Education Program (KCEP) completers and passed the Philippine ECD checklist.
  • Children who completed alternative Kindergarten programs and passed the validating test (PVT).


A. Transfer of Learners

  • Learners Information System (LIS) as platform in the request and release of learner’s school records.
  • School to school transfer of Form 137 (permanent records) should not be hand carried by either the parent or learner.

B. Wearing of Uniforms and IDs

  • School uniforms are not required.
  • IDs will be provided by the school at no cost.

C. No Collection Policy

  • For Kinder to Grade 4 levels – no collection of any fees.
  • For Grade 5 to High School levels
    • No collection of any type during enrolment period up to the first month of classes.
    • Starting second month of every school year, authorized contributions may be collected but on a voluntary basis only.
  • No teacher, school officials, nor school personnel shall collect fees or contributions, nor shall they be entrusted with the safekeeping and disbursement of collections made by the PTA.
  • In no case shall non-payment of voluntary school contributions or membership fees be made a basis for non-admission, non-promotion, or non-issuance of clearance to a student by the school concerned.


School Year 2017-2018

  • 204 school days (June 5, 2017 to April 6, 2018).
  • 195 class days, 5 days INSET, 4 days for the Parent-Teacher conferences.
  • Conduct of General Assembly to orient stakeholders on the curriculum, co-curricular programs, and ancillary services.
  • Private schools may deviate from this calendar but should notify Regional Offices in advance.
  • Deviation should not be earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August.


A. A student is officially enrolled in a private school after:

  • Submission of appropriate admission or transfer credentials.
  • Has made an initial payment of school fees.
  • Authorized to attend classes.

B. Transferring to another private school:

  • A student enrolled in a private school is entitled to transfer provided all obligations with current school are settled.
  • Release of transfer credentials may be withheld due to:
    • Suspension
    • Expulsion
    • Nonpayment of financial obligations
  • A student without appropriate admission or transfer credentials may be provisionally enrolled and attend classes during the school year.  He is given until the last day of the school year to submit his transfer credentials.

C. Tuition and other fees

  • A private school shall determine its rate of tuition and other school fees or charges.
  • Any revisions in rates and tuition fees shall be filed with the Regional Director.
  • Increases in tuition and other school fees shall be subject to the following conditions:
    • Consultation with duly organized student government, parents, and students.
    • No increase in tuition or other school fees shall be approved unless 70% of the proceeds is allocated for increase in salaries or wages of the faculty and other school employees and the balance for institutional development, student assistance, and extension services.
    • In no case shall the return to investments exceed 12%.
  • SHS Voucher – Students automatically qualifying for vouchers:
    • All Grade 10 completers in Public JHSs
    • All Grade 10 completers in SUCs and LUCs
    • All Grade 10 completers in private schools that are ESC grantees
    • Grade 10 completers in non-ESC private schools need to apply for vouchers.


  • Moratorium on field trips is currently in effect.
  • DepEd officials and personnel shall not endorse any plans, proposals, and intentions relative to the conduct of the field trips.
  • Schools where all arrangements have been set up including approved permits prior to the moratorium may proceed provided that existing guidelines are strictly observed.

Source: http://www.deped.gov.ph

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen



School Year 2016 to 2017_1

The Department of Education announced the official start and end dates of school year 2016 to 2017.  Classes will begin on June 13, 2016 and will end on April 7, 2017.  Private schools may not necessarily follow the dates however, they are not allowed to start classes earlier than the first Monday of June or later than the last day of August.

Enrollment is ongoing in public and private schools.  One of the basic requirements, especially for new incoming students and those transferring to a different school, is the child’s PSA birth certificate.  For convenience, parents may have their children’s birth certificates delivered by calling the hotline (02) 737-1111 or by visiting the website psahelpline.com.  The certificates will be delivered to your preferred address in 2 to 3 days.

For everyone’s reference, we are sharing the following school calendar lifted from the http://www.gov.ph website.  Please share to parents and students.

School Year 2016 to 2017

 Source: http://www.gov.ph/2016/05/12/deped-calendar-sy-2016-2017/


Bonjour. Mabuhay.

School enrollment na naman, and I’m sure all of you are excited for your kids. Excited na rin sa mga kakailanganin sa pag enroll :).

So in order to help you out, I researched a list of the common and generic school enrollment items you might need to get your kids set for the upcoming school season.Note that this is not an official listing but a general idea of the basic stuff you will need for enrollment.

Here’s a generic list of the items:


a. NSO Authenticated of Birth Certificate
b. 2 copies of pictures
c. Probably a testing fee


1. Two (2) copies ID picture
2. NSO authenticated birth certificate
3. Entrance examination fee
4. Certificate of Good Moral Character* (mostly for transfer students)


  • Accomplished application forms
  • Two (2) ID pictures; the two ID pictures must be identical
  • Test Fee
  • A copy of the current report card

In light of this idea, may I invite others to comment and update the generic list based on their knowledge and experience. You will be surprised on how helping others with what you know can bring about a great relief to other people.

It’s better to be prepared than to be surprised.

Thanks a lot,


%d bloggers like this: