It’s been a while and the rush rush of everyday life seems to keep on rushing :) Also, your inquiries and questions just keep pouring in that I hardly find any time to post new blogs or even subjects of interest lately.
However, I noticed that some people are still under the cloud when it comes to getting their passport processed. Considering how easy it is now, for the last 4 years or so actually, with the expansion of the DFA with mall processing offices aside from the one in ASEANA.
So for the sake of those who are planning to get a passport, new or renewal, I’m posting this 12-Easy steps. Hope it helps :)
Note: The appointment system is designed to coordinate the passport application flow efficiently by accommodating applicants with a scheduled hourly appearance to optimize queue and save time.
1. Log on to http://www.passport.com.ph – you need to set an appointment first to be able to get a passport. This applies for new, renewal or lost expired passport application.
2. Select a DFA office location nearest you. There are now 6 sites to choose from.
> DFA ASEANA- ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City
> DFA Alabang- th Floor, Metro Alabang Town Center, Alabang – Zapote Road 1700, Muntinlupa City, Philippines
> DFA Ali Mall – Ali Mall Government Center, Level 2 Ali Mall Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
> DFA Manila- Conception Street Corner Arroceros and San Marcelino, Metro Manila.
> DFA Megamall- 7th Floor Megamall Building C, EDSA corner J. Vargas Avenue, Mandaluyong City, Philippines
> DFA Galleria- Lingkod Pinoy Center, Level 1 west lane, Robinsons Galleria EDSA cor. Ortigas ave. Pasig City, Philippines
3. Fill up the online application form- completely and correctly, remember this is your passport, one of your major ID.
4. Choose an appointment date and time- for your convenience, you can choose the date and time of your appointment from Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 4pm.
5. Confirm and print your application form- check the email message from your submitted email address. Important: You need to click the confirmation link to finalize your appointment.
6. Prepare all the needed requirements- make sure you have prepared all the requirements and have them photocopied. Applicants without a complete set of photocopies will not be entertained. Check the list at http://passport.com.ph/requirements
7. Go to your chosen DFA office on the time and date of your appointment – be there at least 30 minutes before your appointment time.
8. Present your printed application form to the Verification Counter – this counter will make sure that your appointment schedule is valid. Show your printed application form.
9. Proceed to the Processing Area and present your requirements- the DFA processor will evaluate the requirements with you.
10. Proceed to the Cashier to pay for the passport fees
- Regular Processing (15 working days): P950.00
- Express Processing (7 working days): P1,200.00
11. Proceed to the Encoding Area for data capturing - earrings and contact lenses are not allowed during data capturing (photo). Smiling with visible teeth are also not allowed.
12. Proceed to the Passport Delivery Counter -have your passport delivered to you after the date of release, no need to come back to get it.
I hope this helps enlighten those who are planning to get a new passport or renew their expiring ones.
Make sure you don’t deal with fixers. It is so easy that you can do it within half an hour.
Be empowered. Be smart.