If you are a Pag-IBIG Fund member and are looking for additional means to save money, you can enroll to the Modified Pag-IBIG 2 Savings program, or the MP2 Savings.
The MP2 Savings is a special savings program open to members, pensioners, and Pag-IBIG fund member-retirees. It offers a 5-year maturity term with a higher dividend rate than the mandatory Pag-IBIG regular savings. It is a voluntary savings scheme with the following key features:
- You may begin your MP2 savings for only a minimum of Php 500 per remittance.
- Dividend earnings are higher than the Pag-IBIG Regular Savings.
- The MP2 savings dividends are tax-free and can be withdrawn annually or after the 5-year maturity period.
- MP2 savings are government-guaranteed.
How do I begin saving under the MP2 Savings Program?
In order to begin saving under the MP2 savings program, you need to create an MP2 savings account. You may do this online via the Virtual Pag-IBIG website or by submitting a duly accomplished MP2 Enrollment Form along with other documentary and ID requirements. These may be submitted at the nearest Pag-IBIG office in your area.
There are two ways you can start saving under MP2 and is based on whether you are employed or self-employed.
How do I remit my savings?
For employed members:
- Your savings may be remitted to the Pag-IBIG through salary deduction.
If you are self-employed or even if you are employed but you prefer to remit your MP2 savings contributions personally,
- You may remit your savings through the Virtual Pag-IBIG website and pay using your PayMaya, GCash, or any debit or credit card powered by Visa, Mastercard, or JCB.
- You also have the option to pay directly using your PayMaya or GCash apps, Coins.ph via the Bayad app or Bayad online.
- You may also pay over the counter at any Pag-IBIG Fund branch, Asia United Bank, Robinson’s Bank, United Coconut Planter’s Bank, SM Business Centers, Bayad Center, M. Lhuillier, ECPay accredited merchants.
For Filipinos abroad who also wish to save via the MP2 savings may send their payments via the following authorized collecting partners’ outlets:
- Philippine National Bank
- Asia United Bank
- IRemit powered merchants
- Ventaja powered merchants
- Cashpinas powered merchants
When can I withdraw my MP2 savings dividends?
- Upon full withdrawal of your MP2 savings after the 5-year maturity period. Your MP2 savings dividends will be compounded annually.
- You may also withdraw during the annual pay-out and the dividends will be credited to your savings or checking account enrolled in any of the Pag-IBIG Fund’s accredited banks.
How do I withdraw my MP2 savings?
You may claim your MP2 savings after the 5-year maturity period. You may do this online via the Virtual Pag-IBIG website. You may also withdraw over the counter by submitting a duly accomplished Application for Provident Benefits (APB) form at the nearest Pag-IBIG Fund office.
To know more about the MP2 Savings program, visit the Pag-IBIG Fund website.