The Civil Service Commission (CSC) has announced that they are now accepting applications for the August 7, 2022 Civil Service Exams. If you wish to apply for employment at a government agency, or are currently working as a contractual employee in one and wants to apply for a permanent item, this is your chance to acquire that eligibility.
The CSC will accept applications from June 2 to 16, 2022. If you are planning to join this batch and would like to get more information about the testing centers in your area, we recommend that you contact the CSC regional office in your location. The filing modes and venues and other procedures may differ per regional office so it is best that you coordinate with them before sending in your application.
Here are some tips and guidelines when taking the Civil Service examinations:
- Exam coverage.
There are two types of civil service exams:
- Professional level – this exam is for applicants who possess (at least) a bachelor’s degree and are interested in applying for more critical roles in a government agency.
- Sub-professional level – this exam qualifies the examinee for first-level government items (positions). These are often office work, clerical jobs, and administrative functions.
Below is a table of the scope of exams for both levels:
|Numerical Ability: English & Filipino|
a. Basic operations
b. Word problems
|Analytical Ability: English & Filipino|
a. Word association
b. Identifying assumptions and conclusions
d. Data interpretation
a. Grammar and correct usage
c. Paragraph organization
d. Reading comprehension
a. Philippine Constitution
b. Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (RA 6713)
c. Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts; and
d. Environment Management and Protection
You need to have a score of 80.00 or above to pass the exam.
2. Basic requirements when applying for the exam.
a. You must be at least 18 years old, without criminal record, has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
b. You should not have been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government.
c. You should not have taken the same level of career service examination within three months from the last exam taken.
3. Documentary and ID requirements:
a. Duly accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100 Revised November 2012). Leave the Signature of Applicant and Right Thumbmark blank. These should be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
b. Four copies of identical pictures with specifications as follows:
- Philippine passport size (4.5cm x 3.5cm or 1.8inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, white background
- Printed on good quality photo paper
- In standard close-up shot
- In bare face (no eyeglasses, no accessories that may cover the facial features)
- Showing left and right ears
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- With full and handwritten name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name if any.
- Taken within the last three months prior to filing of application.
c. Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing your clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, PhilHealth ID, current Company ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (IDs not mentioned in the list shall not be accepted).
The exam fee is Php 500.00 and must be paid at the CSC cashier. Make sure to get an Official Receipt after making your payment.
The CSC offices will accept applications for the August 7 exams from June 2 to 16, 2022.