Do you have a pending US tourist visa application at the US Embassy and would like to know when you can proceed with the rest of the application process? Are you due to apply for a renewal of an expiring US (tourist) visa this year? Read this.
The US Embassy in Manila has started processing visas across all categories under limited resources as local conditions continue to affect their capacity and scheduling. Under the Non-immigrant Visa category, travelers with urgent travel needs are prioritized over routine business and tourism travel purposes, for obvious reasons.
Here are important information we lifted from the US Embassy website, particularly on updates they provided on Non-immigrant visa applications and renewals:
- The Embassy continues to prioritize travelers with urgent travel needs, foreign diplomats, and certain mission-critical categories of travelers such as:
- Exchange visitors (F-1, M-1, and J-1)
- Temporary employment (H-1B, H-2B, and L)
2. Visa appointments for routine business and tourism (B1/B2) are available at significantly reduced levels.
3. Paid visa applications fees (MRV fee) are valid until September 30, 2023 to allow all applicants who were unable to schedule an appointment the opportunity to do so.
- Applicants an schedule or reschedule the first available visa interview appointment slot by phone at (+632) 7792-8988 or (+632) 8548-8223, or through the online appointment system at www.ustraveldocs.com/ph.
- Changing an appointment is FREE OF CHARGE.
- You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for specific guidance.
Expedited Appointment Requests:
- Emergency travel requests may be submitted via the website www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp.
- You need to book a regular appointment through the appointment system before requesting an expedited appointment through www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-expeditedappointment.asp.
Frequently Asked Questions on Non-immigrant Visas
- Is the Embassy processing tourist visas (B1/B2)?
- The US Embassy in the Philippines provides nonimmigrant B1/B2 (business/tourist) visa interview appointments as resources and safety conditions permit through the online appointment system. You may view the current wait times for an interview by clicking this LINK.
- How can I reschedule a canceled visa appointment?
- Applicants can schedule the first available visa interview appointment by phone at (+632) 7792-8988 and (+632) 8548-8223, or through the online appointment system at ustraveldocs.com/ph.
- Changing an appointment is free of charge.
- You may also send an email at email@example.com
- Can I renew my US visa without attending a visa interview?
Hope these information helped. To get the complete details on Immigrant and Non-immigrant Visa applications and renewals, you may visit the website of the US Embassy in Manila at https://ph.usembassy.gov/
Stay safe and healthy!