TESDA, or Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, offers free online programs that anyone can take for added skills and training on their chosen fields. All you need to do is create an account at the e-TESDA website (e-tesda.gov.ph) and choose from the various courses available.
The courses offered are generally called Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) that aim to help the Filipino workforce develop their technical know-how and skills on interests such as Agriculture, Automotive, Construction, Electrical and Electronics, and a whole lot more.
After completing a free online course, you will get a Certificate of Completion. You then have the option to take an assessment exam at the National Certification at any TESDA accredited assessment center. If you pass the exam, you will be given a certificate that you can add to your portfolio.
Are the courses free?
Yes. You do not need to pay anything. All you need to do is create an account at the e-TESDA website and follow the instructions until you are able to enroll in a free training program.
How do I enroll?
- Create an account in the e-tesda.gov.ph website.
- Login to your account using the username and password you assigned to your account.
- You will be shown the list of available courses on the homepage. Click the course you wish to enroll in.
- Choose the module link you want to take.
- Click the “Enroll me in this course” link on the left side of the screen.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the “Yes” button on the message box that will appear on your screen.
The rest of the instructions and other important information will be available within the modules. Make sure to follow these to be sure that your progress is saved. If you need technical assistance, you may send an email to email@example.com or call 632-893-8297.