If your driver’s license, student permit, or conductor’s license is set to expire between January to March, you need to know that you can wait two more months before renewing it.
Because of the spike in COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila and some provinces, the Land Transportation Office (LTO) has announced that they will be extending the validity of Student Permits, Driver’s Licenses, and Conductor’s Licenses. For your reference, below is a guide to know the exact months when you may apply for renewal, based on the month your license or permit is expiring:
- Expiring on January 2022 extended until March 31, 2022
- Expiring on February 2022 extended until April 30, 2022
- Expiring on March 2022 extended until May 31, 2022
The LTO-New Registration Unit is open to receive ONLINE applications for new car and motorcycle registrations. The LTO Central OFfice and NCR-East has also re-opened today but the public is encouraged to strictly observe health protocols when visitng LTO branches:
- Wear face shields properly
- Bring your own hand sanitizers and alcohols
- Use your own pen when filling out forms
- Prepare all documentary requirements to avoid delays
- Observe social distancing at all times
The renewal of vehicles with plate numbers ending in 1 and all other vehicles due for registration renewal this month (January) is also extended until February 2022.