After more than a year, the number coding scheme will be re-implemented in Metro Manila under the Unified Vehicular Volume Reduction Program (UVVRP). Number coding was indefinitely suspended in March 2020 when the pandemic hit our country and Metro Manila was under hard lockdown for many months.
Is this good news? Let’s see.
Unlike in the past, the number coding will only be effective from 5PM to 8PM, Mondays to Fridays. Coding schedule is as follows:
- 1 and 2 are on coding during Mondays
- 3 and 4 are on coding during Tuesdays
- 5 and 6 are on coding during Wednesdays
- 7 and 8 are on coding during Thursdays
- 9 and 0 are on coding during Fridays
Are exemptions to the rule?
Yes. The following vehicle types are exempted from the number coding scheme:
- Transport Network Vehicle Services (TNVS)
- Garbage trucks
- Trucks that deliver fuel (gas)
- Vehicles that deliver perishable goods
Truck bans, on the other hand, remain suspended until further notice. The only area where trucks are prohibited is EDSA.
For more information on the number coding scheme, you may visit the Facebook page of the MMDA at https://www.facebook.com/MMDAPH
Stay safe and strong!