How To Get A Replacement For A Lost Student Driver’s Permit

Losing any type of ID is such a hassle, right? When a person loses his wallet, he is more likely to say, “Kahit yung mga ID ko na lang ang ma-recover ko, di bale na ‘yung pera,” We can all relate because hey, getting a government-issued ID in the Philippines is time-consuming, not economical (you have to go to the government office, spend on gas or PUV fare, spend on food, pay fees , etc.), you have to wait in line, fill-out form after form after form, and so on and so forth. And that’s just for one ID. What if you need five? Good luck.

A student driver’s permit from the LTO is not necessarily a valid government-issued ID but for as long as it has not expired, some establishments accept is a valid form of identification. Also, you need it to apply for a non-professional driver’s license. If you lose your student’s permit, well, you’ll have to apply for a new one. However, since the LTO’s system can track all individuals who had been issued a permit, they will know if you are truly applying for a new one or just trying to get a new one after you have already been issued a permit before.

Here is a summary of the requirements and processes involved when having your student driver’s permit replaced:


  1. Proof of identification
  2. Affidavit of loss
    • To accomplish this faster, proceed to a Notary Public and request for assistance. Have the affidavit notarized while you’re there.
  3. Duly accomplished Driver’s License Application form (you can get this at the LTO or download it from their website).
  4. Fees:
    • Certification Fee – P100
    • Duplicate Fee – P50
    • Computer Fee – P67.63


  1. Proceed to the LTO and get a queue number by the guard.
  2. Proceed to the Evaluator Counter and submit your IDs, documents (affidavit, birth certificate, etc.)
  3. After your documents have been verified, you will be told to have your photo taken. This is stage 3. If they already have your picture and signatures on file, you will be asked to proceed to payment.
  4. Pay at the cashier and ask for your Official Receipt.
  5. Head to the Releasing Counter, present your OR from the cashier, and claim your new student permit.

Sounds easy? I don’t think so. Just getting a PSA birth certificate could be troublesome. You can simply order online at and have your certificate delivered to you. They deliver nationwide at very affordable rates.

I hope this helped. See you again tomorrow.

Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: