The Department of Foreign Affairs has once again opened its doors to passport applications and renewals. It is still quite a challenge to secure an online appointment but right now, it’s the only way we can have our passports renewed in the midst of a pandemic. So, whether you are applying for a passport for the very first time or are renewing your old one, the first thing you need to accomplish is to get a confirmed online appointment. Just go to http://www.passport.gov.ph and find a DFA satellite office that has an available date and time.
In today’s blog, I will share the most updated list of requirements and supporting documents needed when renewing an expired e-Passport. An e-Passport has a microchip embedded on the front cover of the passport, right below Pasaporte. The following list is lifted from the DFA website.
Core requirements for ADULT renewal applications:
- Confirmed online appointment
- Accomplished application form
- Personal appearance
- Current ePassport with photocopy of data page
- Original PSA authenticated documents that will support the change of name:
- PSA Marriage Certificate
- Annotated Birth Certificate
- Annotated Marriage Certificate to show annulment/divorce/court ordered instruction
- PSA Death Certificate of Spouse
- Female applicants who choose to retain their maiden name need not bring a PSA marriage certificate.
- Bring a valid government-issued ID, in case they look for an ID.
- Wear appropriate clothing; do not wear sleeveless tops, sando, shorts, slippers, tube blouses, etc.
- Do not wear colored contact lenses, false eyelashes, and heavy make-up. You might be asked to remove all those before they take your passport photo.
- Do not lose your receipt/claim stub to avoid delays when claiming your passport.
- Unless you are a PWD, pregnant woman, minor, or senior citizen, you are not allowed to have a companion with you inside the DFA office premises during the application process.
- Always wear your face mask and face shield while inside the office premises. Bring your own hand sanitizers and pens and observe social distancing.
Tomorrow, we will feature the requirements and application process when you are renewing a lost valid Philippine passport.
Stay safe and happy!