If you are applying for a passport for the first time, you need to get an online appointment with the DFA as walk-in applicants are not accommodated at this time. In my personal experience, securing an online appointment is the most difficult part because I literally had to keep vigil in front of my computer so I can snag the next available date and time to visit any DFA satellite office in Metro Manila. Labor of love, sabi nga nila.
While you are still waiting to get an appointment, it may be a good time to prepare the IDs and documents that will be required of you when you visit a DFA office for your passport application. In today’s blog, we are going to feature the list of acceptable IDs for passport application as well as the core requirements (documents) for FIRST TIME PASSPORT APPLICANTS. For the IDs, you have to bring the original ID and a photocopy of it when you appear at your chosen DFA office.
Core requirements for ADULT NEW APPLICATIONS:
- Confirmed online appointment
- Personal appearance at your chosen DFA consular office
- Accomplished application form
- Original and photocopy of your PSA birth certificate on Security Paper.
ANY ONE of the following IDs will do:
- Social Security System card (SSS ID)
- Government Service Insurance System card (GSIS)
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License. Student Permit may be accepted if in card format.
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Philippine Identification (PhilID or the National ID)
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) E-Card
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certificate issued from COMELEC main office in Intramuros, Manila (Certificates issued in COMELEC’s regional offices may require further verification. Applicants are requested to present NBI or police clearance along with the Voter’s Certificate).
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Permit to Carry Firearms Outside Residence
- Senior Citizen ID
- Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
- Philippine Postal ID (issued November 2016 onwards)
- Seafarer’s Record Book (must be issued February 2020 onwards) issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- For minor applicants:
- School ID or
- Certificate of Enrollment with photo of minor and dry seal of school
Remember, bring the original ID and a photocopy of it. Also, the DFA may require additional proofs of identification and other documentation as may be necessary.