One thing they probably do not teach in school (at least not during my time) are the different benefits we can gain from government agencies like the SSS, Pag-IBIG, and PhilHealth. I only learned about these three when I started working as I was required to submit my SSS and Pag-IBIG numbers. PhilHealth, on the other hand, came way later but yes, no one could explain to me too what benefits await me — only that I need to contribute to PhilHealth every month and pray I never have to use my PhilHealth benefits.
Thanks to social media, the public may now reach out to these government agencies without having to wait in line or travel to the nearest branch office. Online forums and instant messaging allow us to raise our questions and clarifications on memberships, contributions, and most importantly — benefits and privileges, without waiting too long to get answers.
I am glad to share that the SSS has actually set up a website where one can learn all about the different SSS benefits we as members can avail. The website is called expreSSS e-Learning or the ExSSSeL Portal.
What is the ExSSSeL Portal?
This is a free online computer-based training on SSS programs and updates. It will help you learn the different policies, programs, and updates on Social Security System. It is free of charge and can be used by anyone who wants to learn about SSS benefits and privileges.
How do I use the ExSSSeL Portal?
- Participant will access the home page of the portal at https://bit.ly/ExSSSeL_Portal
- Select the module you wish to study. You will be taken to the registration link. The modules available are:
- Sickness Benefit
- Maternity Benefit
- Unemployment Benefit
- Disability Benefit
- Salary Loan
- Pension Loan Program
- Retirement Benefit
- Register your information and then click on the direct link to the module.
- At the end of each module, a link for a Post Examination will be provided. Click the link and take the exam.
- If you pass the exam, you will be asked to evaluate the quality of learning you experienced on the website. However, if you fail, you will be advised to study the module again and retake the exam.
- You will be given an e-certificate after you complete and pass the exam of a module.
This is a great tool for fresh graduates and those who will be applying for work for the first time. If you are an HR practitioner, you may also want to brush up on your knowledge of SSS benefits through this portal.
Try na natin!