As I write this, Metro Manila is on its third day under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ); this quarantine status is scheduled to last until August 31, 2021 before everyone’s mobility and access to basic necessities is once again decided upon by the government. We are still in the middle of a pandemic; the virus has somehow learned how to evolve into a more deadly version.
When lockdowns are imposed, many government services are likewise affected. While some agencies provide online platforms where Filipinos can transact with them remotely, some services really do have to be suspended. One such service is the processing of passport applications and renewals as these require the physical presence of the passport owner.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has announced on their Facebook page that they will resume processing passport applications at their consular and satellite offices, as well as all Temporary Off-site Passport Services (TOPS) in areas that were previously closed due to the ECQ.
If you are one of the many who have secured an appointment with the DFA before the most recent ECQ, or are just planning to get an appointment now, please read the updates gathered from the DFA’s Facebook page:
- For applicants with appointments between August 6 to 20, 2021
- Applicants must follow the new appointment schedule/location which they received via email.
- TOPS applicants who did not show-up at their RESCHEDULED appointment are advised not to show-up at their original TOPS locations, nor at any DFA Co, as you will not be entertained.
- If you are one of the above (TOPS applicant), send an email to the following addresses to request for a new appointment schedule:
- TOPS SM AURA -firstname.lastname@example.org
- TOPS SM North Edsa – email@example.com
- TOPS Robinsons Place Magnolia Place – firstname.lastname@example.org
- TOPS Robinsons Place Las Pinas – ncrsouth.so@email@example.com
- TOPS SM MOA – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For applicants with appointments between August 23 to 31, 2021
- Applicants must follow their appointment schedule, unless they receive a specific advice not to do so (ex: unforeseen closure of a specific CO/TOPS due to disinfection, mandatory quarantine, etc.).
- Walk-in applicants will not be entertained.
- For applicants with emergency and urgent medical travel needs, send an email request to email@example.com with copies of their identification documents (current passport or if new applicant, a government-issued ID) and proof of their emergency travel.
- Possession of a flight ticket in itself is not considered urgent.
Everyone is advised by the DFA to check their website regularly for possible short-notice changes, especially if your appointment date is fast approaching.
Safe travels, everyone!