As I write this, Metro Manila is on its third day under Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ); this quarantine status is scheduled to last until August 31, 2021 before everyone’s mobility and access to basic necessities is once again decided upon by the government. We are still in the middle of a pandemic; the virus has somehow learned how to evolve into a more deadly version.
When lockdowns are imposed, many government services are likewise affected. While some agencies provide online platforms where Filipinos can transact with them remotely, some services really do have to be suspended. One such service is the processing of passport applications and renewals as these require the physical presence of the passport owner.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has announced on their Facebook page that they will resume processing passport applications at their consular and satellite offices, as well as all Temporary Off-site Passport Services (TOPS) in areas that were previously closed due to the ECQ.
If you are one of the many who have secured an appointment with the DFA before the most recent ECQ, or are just planning to get an appointment now, please read the updates gathered from the DFA’s Facebook page:
- For applicants with appointments between August 6 to 20, 2021
- Applicants must follow the new appointment schedule/location which they received via email.
- TOPS applicants who did not show-up at their RESCHEDULED appointment are advised not to show-up at their original TOPS locations, nor at any DFA Co, as you will not be entertained.
- If you are one of the above (TOPS applicant), send an email to the following addresses to request for a new appointment schedule:
- TOPS SM AURA -email@example.com
- TOPS SM North Edsa – firstname.lastname@example.org
- TOPS Robinsons Place Magnolia Place – email@example.com
- TOPS Robinsons Place Las Pinas – ncrsouth.so@firstname.lastname@example.org
- TOPS SM MOA – email@example.com
2. For applicants with appointments between August 23 to 31, 2021
- Applicants must follow their appointment schedule, unless they receive a specific advice not to do so (ex: unforeseen closure of a specific CO/TOPS due to disinfection, mandatory quarantine, etc.).
- Walk-in applicants will not be entertained.
- For applicants with emergency and urgent medical travel needs, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of their identification documents (current passport or if new applicant, a government-issued ID) and proof of their emergency travel.
- Possession of a flight ticket in itself is not considered urgent.
Everyone is advised by the DFA to check their website regularly for possible short-notice changes, especially if your appointment date is fast approaching.
Safe travels, everyone!
5 thoughts on “Passport Processing In Metro Manila Resumes Under MECQ”
Magandang Araw Po.Ako Po si Danilo Pascua,ako Po ay isang Senior Cetizen…63 Yrs.old,Nais ko Po sanang malaman kung anu ano ang mga Requierments sa Pag aply ng bagong Pasaporte?Ako Po ay may kasama sa kadahilanang ako ay isang Senior Cetizen!At nais ko Po sanang Ipakiusap na isabay na skin ang aking anak na isang 10 Yrs,old..Ako Po ay nakikiusap naway inyong mapahintulutan sa aking kahilingan.
GOD Bless and Have a good day!Thank you in advance!
First time niyo po bang mag apply ng passport para sa sarili niyo? Ito po ang requirements:
1. Confirmed online appointment
2. Personal appearance
3. Accomplished application form
4. Original and photocopy of PSA birth certificate
5. Bring the original and a photocopy of any of the valid IDs found in this list:
Social Security System (SSS) Card
Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Card
Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License. Student Permit may be accepted if in card format.
Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
Philippine Identification (PhilID)
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) E-Card
Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certificate issued from COMELEC main office in Intramuros, Manila (Certificates issued in COMELEC’s regional offices may require further verification. Applicants are requested to present NBI or police clearance along with the Voter’s Certificate).
Philippine National Police (PNP) Permit to Carry Firearms Outside Residence
Senior Citizen ID
Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
Philippine Postal ID (issued November 2016 onwards)
Seafarer’s Record Book (SRB)(*must be issued Feb 2020 onwards) issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
Valid or Latest Passport (For Renewal of Passport)
Kailangan po ninyong kumuha ng appointment online para ma-accommodate po kayo sa DFA. Dito po kayo gumawa ng appointment (para sa inyo at para sa anak ninyo na minor):
Hi.May I asked what is the requirements to apply for new passport as my passport was mutulated and was using travel document when I went home last July.thanks for reply
Hi Beth! You need to set an appointment with the DFA online at https://www.passport.gov.ph/.
I would like to know other options on how to renew my passport which is going to expire on November 24, 2021 without going out of the house. . . My passpoort was processed in Manila when I was not yet retired and before I went home to Bohol after retiring from work. . .