Are you ready to take the second step in completing your registration for the National ID?
Step 2 is when your personal information are verified and confirmed by the PhilSys; this is also when your biometric information such as your fingerprints, iris scan, and ID photos are collected from you to form part of your unique and lifetime registration to the National ID system.
If you are set to take Step 2 soon, here are some reminders you need to know:
What to bring:
- Documents that will support or prove your basic identifications such as your name, birthdate, and address. Your PSA birth certificate is the best document you can show them to prove your identity (especially if you do not have a valid government-issued ID).
- Appointment slip or Appointment Reference Number that was given during the house-to-house registration).
What to wear:
- Avoid wearing sando or sleeveless tops and shirts.
- Avoid putting on too much make-up because your ID photo will be taken and they need to capture the most realistic version of you.
- Remove eyeglasses, contact lenses, earrings, necklaces, and other types of piercings on the face before they collect your biometrics.
Always wear your face mask and face shield when inside the registration center.
Observe social distancing. You may also have your appointment rescheduled in case you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms on the day you are scheduled to go.
I hope these information helped. Good luck on your step 2 registration!