SSS Funeral Claims will now be deposited directly to your bank account that is enrolled in the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module (DAEM) in the My.SSS portal. You no longer need to go to an SSS office to claim your check or wait in line at a bank just to cash your check. Everything is applied for, submitted, and paid online. What a relief!
But what if you still do not have a MySSS account or you still have not enrolled a bank account in the DAEM portal? How do you receive the claim?
Funeral Benefit Claim Disbursement for SSS Members:
- Funeral Benefit claim will be disbursed to your enrolled DAEM. You will find this under the E-services menu of the My.SSS portal of the SSS website (www.sss.gov.ph).
- It is best to have a bank account enrolled BEFORE you file a Funeral Benefit claim. It is much more convenient to receive the claim via your bank account than going to an SSS office especially during the pandemic.
Funeral Benefit Claim Disbursement for non-SSS Members:
- Submit ANY of the following to the SSS branch where you filed or will file the Funeral Benefit claim:
- Copy of a deposit slip, ATM card, or Bank Certification showing the account number where you wish to have the proceeds deposited. The account should be a participating PESONet bank.
- If you do not wish to receive the proceeds through a bank account, you need to submit your working (active) mobile phone number. The proceeds will then be transferred to you via e-Wallets such as PayMaya, Remittance Transfer Company/cash pay-out such as MLhuillier.
If you have further questions about the new SSS Funeral Benefit disbursement process, you may visit the SSS Facebook page and post your question on their wall or send a message through Messenger. Their Facebook address is: https://www.facebook.com/SSSPh