How to Correct Error in Gender in Your PSA Birth Certificate

How do you correct the gender indicated in your PSA birth certificate? Is this something you can easily do by filing a petition for correction or do you still need the services of a lawyer to prove that you are male or female? How much is the fee for this type of correction and what documents do you need to submit for the correction process to begin?

To all our dear followers who requested for this topic to be featured, here you go!

An incorrect gender in a PSA birth certificate can be corrected by filing a petition for correction, as prescribed by RA 10172 (the law that authorizes the civil registrar to correct the gender of a person in a birth certificate without judicial order). So, if the gender in your birth certificate is incorrect, all you need to do is file a verified petition for correction in the entry of sex in the birth certificate with the city or municipal civil registrar where the birth certificate in question was registered.

Documentary requirements:

  • Earliest school records
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Clearance of no pending case or criminal record
  • Affidavit of publication from the publisher stating that the petition to correct the gender was published in a newspaper of general circulation along with a newspaper clipping of the publication.
  • Medical certificate issued by an accredited government physician that the petitioner has not undergone sex change or transplant.


P3,000 to be paid to the local civil registry office upon filing.  Indigents are exempted from paying fees if the petition is supported by a certificate from the LGU that the petitioner is an indigent.

I hope you found this article helpful, dear followers! Let us know in the comments section what other PSA certificate topics you would like us to cover.

Have a great weekend, everyone!



Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

9 thoughts on “How to Correct Error in Gender in Your PSA Birth Certificate

  1. Hi po. Ang problem ko naman po ay No Gender mark both sa NSO and PSA Birth Certificate ko at hindi po ako makauwi sa province namin para icorrect lang ito. Ano po pwedeng alternative na pwedeng gawin? Maraming Salamat po sa sagot sana mapansin.

  2. Sana po gawin na din po madali yung pag process, kasi po sa bicol pa po ako ipinanganak, hindi na po ako makakauwi dun dahil sa pandemic, sana po may mabigay po kayo alternative solution paanu po maifile yung correction po ng gender ko ng hindi na kailangan pa pumunta sa local civil registry kung saan po nakarehistro yung birth certificate ko… Thank you po and God Bless po.

  3. Papaano po kung di na po makauwe nh province para ayusin yong gender
    Pwede po ba dito sa manila ayusin

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: