All You Need to Know About Correcting Errors in Your PSA Marriage Certificate

If you have been wondering how to correct or repair the errors in your PSA marriage certificate, you have come to the right place. In today’s blog, we are going to present a summary of the solutions to your frequently asked questions about problems on marriage certificates such as blurred and unreadable entries, getting a negative result when you request for a copy, or errors in the date and place of marriage.

I hope you find the answers you have been looking for in this piece. I sourced all these from the website of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).

Read on!

  1. Wrong spelling on the name of bride and/or groom.

A petition for the correction of entry through RA 9048 is to be filed at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the certificate of marriage was registered.

A filing fee of Php 1,000 shall be collected by the City/Municipal Civil Registrar or District/Circuit Registrar.

2. No entries in some of the items in the Certificate of Marriage.

A supplemental report may be filed at the LCRO where the marriage certificate was registered. Requirements of filing a supplemental report at the LCRO is the Affidavit of Supplemental Report on missing entries executed by the owner of the document and the copy of the Certificate of Marriage from the PSA.

3. Blurred/unreadable entries.

Proceed to the LCRO of the place where the marriage certificate was registered and request for endorsement of a certified copy of the Certificate of Marriage with clear/readable copy to PSA, if available. 

If the file copy is also blurred or has unreadable entries, request the LCRO for endorsement of Municipal Form 3A (Marriage Available).

4. Negative result or no record at the PSA.

Request the LCR of the place where the document was registered to endorse a certified copy of the COM at PSA.

5. Error in date and place of marriage.

Proceed to the LCRO where the marriage was registered and file a petition for correction of entries under the procedures of RA 9048.

6. Annotation on the annulment/declaration of nullity of marriage.

a. A request for copy issuance of annotated COM resulted to COM in Security Paper (SECPA) without the annotation on annulment.

Proceed to the LCRO where the COM was registered. Verify from LCRO if the supporting documents for processing the annotated COM were already forwarded to PSA.  If not, request for certified true copies of the following supporting documents to be used in the processing of the annotated COM:

  • Court Decree of Annulment/Declaration of Nullity of Marriage
  • Certificate of Finality
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Un-annotated Marriage Certificate
  • Annotated Marriage Certificate

The above requirements shall be submitted to the PSA for re-processing of the request.

7. Annotation on the effects of divorce declared in a foreign country.

  • The divorce decree granted by a foreign country must first be filed for recognition in the Philippine Regional Trial Court.
  • Once the local court recognized the foreign divorce decree, register it to the LCRO of the place of jurisdiction of the RTC which granted the petition.
  • The next step is to provide the copy of the registered court decree and certificate of finality to the LCRO where the marriage was registered for the annotation in the certificate of marriage.
  • Once registered, you may now request for an annotated COM at PSA. The complete set of documents: registered court decree, certificate of finality, certificate of registration and the annotated COM is to be forwarded through courier to PSA for processing.

8. No signatures of the contracting parties (Replacement of PSA copy based on CTC from local).

  • Proceed to the concerned LCRO to verify their file if it contains signatures of the contracting parties.
  • If the copy filed at the LCRO has signatures, request the concerned LCRO to endorse a certified photocopy of the certificate of marriage to PSA.

9. No signatures/different signatures of issuing officer from concerned LCRO

In case the feedback is due to different specimen signature, request for endorsement of the updated specimen signature of the issuing officer from the concerned LCRO.



Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

6 thoughts on “All You Need to Know About Correcting Errors in Your PSA Marriage Certificate

  1. Sana macorrect na ang marriage certificate it was already a month di pa bumalik sa LCR sa municipalitu namin.

  2. Good morning po how much po Yung error po sa spelling ng name ng husband Yung name ng mother nia sa marriage contract po namin.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: