Today, the Philippine Identification System or PhilSys launched the online platform where Filipinos can accomplish “Step 1” of the 3-step process to get a National ID. If you are still waiting for your turn to register online (because the site they published in their Facebook page is still unstable), it may be best to check and see if you have the required documents and IDs that you will need to submit during the Step 2 process.
Here’s the list published on the PSA website and the PhilSys Facebook page (you need to bring an ORIGINAL COPY of AT LEAST ONE of the following when you proceed to registration center):
- PSA Certificate of Live Birth and one government-issued identification document which bears your full name, front-facing photograph, and signature or thumb mark.
- DFA-issued Philippine passport or e-passport.
- GSIS or SSS-issued Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card (UMID).
- Land Transportation Office (LTO)- issued Student’s License Permit or Non-professional/Professional Driver’s License.
If there are discrepancies between the PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth and the government-issued ID presented, the PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth would be considered as a secondary supporting document.
SECONDARY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
If the applicant does not have any of the above documents, he or she may bring the following instead:
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth/NSO-issued Certificate of Live Birth with Birth Reference Number (BreN)
- LCRO-issued Certificate of Live Birth
- PSA-issued Report of Birth
- PSA-issued Certificate of Foundling
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) Identification card
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- SSS ID
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) ID
- License to Own or Possess Firearms (LTOPF) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance/ID
- Solo Parent’s ID
- PWD ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA)-issued Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- National ID from other countries
- Residence ID from other countries
The following identification documents shall be accepted as secondary supporting documents provided that they have a front-facing photograph, signature/thumbmark, full name, permanent address, date of birth:
- Employee ID
- School ID
- Barangay Clearance/Certificate
- Barangay ID
- City/Municipal ID
Things to remember:
- All IDs must be valid (not expired)
- You can get authentic PSA documents (birth certificate) at PSAHelpline.ph. The PhilSys will reject invalid and fake documents.
- Bring your own pen at the registration center.
- Observe health protocols such as: maintain social distancing, use alcohols and sanitizers after touching surfaces, documents, etc., use a face mask and face shield.
Below are infographics taken from the Philsys website to guide you in the registration process:
Drop me a line or two if you have questions about the National ID. You can also visit their Facebook page for updates on the online registration, @PSAPhilSysOfficial.