The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) has begun conducting pre-registrations for the PhiSys or the National ID System. Here are relevant information you need to know about PhilSys and the ongoing preliminary registrations you may have heard of in your area.
- What is PhilSys or the National ID System?
PhilSys will serve as the national identification of Filipinos. It aims to make our transactions with the government and private sectors simpler, safer, and systematic.
- Where can I use my PhilSys ID?
- Transactions with government agencies.
- Make applications for social welfare, benefits, and privileges from government agencies such as GSIS, SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG.
- When applying for your passport, driver’s license, and other transactions that involve taxes.
- School enrollment
- Job applications
- When securing clearances from the PNP, NBI, etc.
- Opening bank accounts and other financial transactions.
- Is registering to the Philsys free of charge?
Yes, registration is free of charge.
- When can I register for the PhilSys ID?
Standby for new announcements on the PhilSys Facebook page. Follow them at @PSAPhilSysOfficial on Facebook.
- How do I register?
Applicants for the National ID must undergo two registration processes:
- Pre-registration process:
- This is done during the house-to-house visitation of PSA representatives. Currently, this is being done in select low-income households to collect their demographic information.
- The pre-registration process will be made available to the public after the PSA has completed the pre-registration by the end of 2021.
- Registration process:
- This is when the collection of information is completed, particularly the collection of his biometric information such as his fingerprint, iris-scan, and front-facing photo.
- Is it safe to go to the registration sites?
All minimum health standards will be strictly implemented in registration sites, including:
- Social distancing
- Temperature checks
- Disinfection of registration areas
- Are my personal information safe with PhilSys?
Yes. The PSA adhered to the policies of PhilSys Act of 2018 and Data Privacy Act of 2012, as well as to the Privacy by Design Principles.
The PSA also coordinates with the National Privacy Commission (NPC) and the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) for the safety and security of data being handled by the PhilSys.
4 thoughts on “What You Need to Know About the Philippine Identification System (or the National ID)”
we applied for the national id but we failed on the 2nd step because they’re looking for a valid id…kya nga ng aapply ng id kc na expire n mga valid id’s nmin..
May SSS po ba kayo or TIN ID? Hindi po nage-expire ang mga ito.
Create an online registration to prevent covid 19 spread. We are apprehensive or might not as well register because of viral contamination. Health is wealth. Thank you for your information. We just wait for online. Sent from Mail for Windows 10 From: MasterCitizen’s BlogSent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 3:22 PMTo: email@example.comSubject: [New post] What You Need to Know About the Philippine Identification System (or the National ID) MasterCitizen posted: " The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) has begun conducting pre-registrations for the PhiSys or the National ID System. Here are relevant information you need to know about PhilSys and the ongoing preliminary registrations you may have h"
The step 1 registration for the national ID is, indeed, online. However, the second step requires the collection of biometrics (fingerprints, iris scan, etc). These can only be collected through face-to-face interaction.