How to Change Your Marital Status with the BIR

8 Aug 20

Most of us, if not all of us, acquired our Tax Identification Number (TIN) when we landed our first job… and yes, while we were still single.  But how does a taxpayer, especially women, update her civil status with the BIR after he or she is married?

I don’t think there is a way to update your records as a taxpayer online, unlike SSS and maybe PhilHealth.  You will have to manually fill out and submit some documents in order for your marital status to be updated (and your taxes appropriated).

Here are the steps:

  1. Download and print a copy of BIR Form 2305  for employed taxpayers and BIR Form 1905 for self-employed taxpayers.
  2. Fill out the form except for Part V, as this part is for your employer.
  3. Prepare a copy of your PSA marriage certificate to support your request for change of marital status.
  4. In Part II of the forms, check the letter “K” and write “Update Status and Registered Name to Married Name” in the blank box.
  5. On the second page (or backside of the form), check “Registered Name” in 4G.
  6. Write your married name under “New” and your maiden name under “Old”.
  7. Attach a copy of your PSA marriage certificate and submit the accomplished form to the BIR branch office or Revenue District office where your TIN is currently registered. If you are employed, submit the accomplished form to your employer.

If you are unsure which Revenue District Office or BIR branch office you are registered, you may call 981-8888.

You can have your PSA marriage certificate delivered to you by  Just log on to or message them on Facebook at where you can actually order through chat!  Try it! This is where I always get my PSA documents.





Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

17 thoughts on “How to Change Your Marital Status with the BIR

  1. Help nmn po,magchange status po ako from single to married pero hinihingian ako ng request reason sa dating kong employer, wala na po ako work, bale mgaapply pa lang po ako ng job abroad eh need po ng Updated BIR? Paano po gagawin ko. salamat po

  2. Same problem need to iupdate ang marital status ko, pero nasa Ibang bansa ako.. Sana may app nadin or website na pwede mag update ng personal details same ng sss… Mahirap pag malayo tapos personal ang pag apply for update

  3. Good day po! Paano po kapag hired na ko sa new job ko,pero di pa nman po kmi nag sign ng contract, ano po ung i fill out ko na form, ung BIR Form 2305 or yung 1905 po? At kung ako po ang mag pa update sa RDO.. madali ko lang po ba mkukuha yung updated Tin ID ko?Thank you po for the response.

  4. Paano naman po if from using married name to reverting sa maiden name? Since my spouse is deceased, i want to revert na to my maiden name.

    1. Pwede naman po; you can have your married last name changed to your maiden last name sa mga IDs niyo po tulad ng passport, TIN, etc. Just bring the PSA death certificate of your deceased husband sa BIR office kung saan kayo naka register.

  5. Pano po mag-update ngayong pandemic? Need ba PSA copy? Kasi nung Feb lang po ako kinasal. Pwede ba certified thru copy ng marriage certificate?

    1. 1. Go to the RDO where you were registered.
      2. Bring a copy of your PSA marriage certificate or certified true copy from the LCR.
      3. Fill out the 1905 BIR form at the BIR office.

      I am not sure if there is a way to do this online, so you if you have more questions, you can call the BIR at 8981-7000 or 89297676 or send them an email at

  6. paano po sa roxas city capiz ko po kinuha yung tin number ko pupunta pa ba ako doon para ipasa nandito ako sa q.c nag wwork.wala na bang ibang paraan?help naman po salamat

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: