Now, you no longer need to take a leave from work just to have your driver’s license renewed. The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has recently announced that their branches in malls shall now process applications for the renewal of driver’s licenses as well as issue student permits. This shall be effective this month (June) and will be available in all of LTO’s Driver’s License Renewal Offices (DLRO) in malls nationwide.
LTO Online PASS (Personal Appointment and Scheduling System)
You only need to have an appointment in order to avail of the weekend services of the LTO. This makes the entire process more efficient and assures you that you shall be attended to as soon as you get to the office. It is actually easy to set an appointment with the LTO, just follow these steps:
- Log on to www.lto.net.ph and click the LTO Online PASS button. This is found on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Driver’s License Renewal link (or Motor Vehicle Renewal, if that is your purpose. Bear in mind that LTO branches do not process Motor Vehicle Renewal during weekends.). Please remember that the LTO Online PASS is only available for driver’s license renewal and motor vehicle registration renewal. If you are applying for a license for the first time or are registering your car for the first time, you need to go to an LTO branch for walk-in processing.
- Read the terms and conditions and then tick the small box at the bottom of the page.
- You will be shown a CAPTCHA code; key in the code and then click the Continue button.
- Fill out the appointment form and then click on the submit button. Make sure that all entries are accurate, especially your email address, before submitting your form.
- Choose your preferred LTO branch, date, and time for your renewal.
- After you have satisfied all the fields, you will receive a confirmation email from the LTO. Save this and show this email to the staff at the LTO branch during your appointment.
For more information about this update from the LTO, please visit their website at ww.lto.gov.ph.