I had to see it to believe it. Ordering my birth certificate through Facebook chat? I didn’t think it was possible until I tried it myself. And it works!
The service is provided by PSAHelpline.ph; they are the same guys behind the (02) 737-1111 hotline that you can call to order PSA birth certificates, marriage, death certificate, and CENOMAR – very similar to when you call for pizza delivery. PSAHelpline also has an online ordering system that’s right in their website, www.psahelpline.ph. I’ve tried that so many times; I’m a loyal client because I keep running out of copies of my birth certificate.
They made it so much more convenient for Pinoys this year when they launched the Facebook Messenger ordering system. This time, I can place my order while on the go, as if I’m just chatting with a friend. It is so convenient!
I tried the service last night and I would like to share it with you today.
Don’t forget to like and follow their Facebook page, @PSAHelpline.ph
- Go to their Facebook page at @PSAHelpline.ph and click the Send Message button.
- The chat box will be launched and you will be asked to choose the type of certificate you want to order. Just click on the name of the certificate of your choice. You can only order for one person per session, but you can order up to 20 copies.
- You will then be asked to indicate the purpose of your request or for what purpose will you be using the birth certificate. There are several choices but I always choose Others. There will be follow up questions (chats) that you need to answer depending on the purpose you choose.
- Then you will be asked to supply the name on the birth certificate (or any other PSA certificate) that you are ordering. If you are ordering for yourself, just type your name. If you are a married woman, type in your maiden name.
However, if you are ordering for another person, click on the Applying for others button. If you do this, you will be asked for your relationship with the owner of the certificate you wish to order.
- For all the details that you will be asked to provide, you will be given a chance to change in case you keyed in an incorrect letter or number. So make sure you read the messages carefully and avoid clicking buttons that are not supposed to be clicked.
- Continue supplying the information that the system. Towards the end of the chat, you will be asked to provide the address where you wish to have the certificate delivered. A pop-up window will appear on your screen and this is where you will key-in the address.
- After you have submitted the address, you will be asked how many copies of the certificate you wish to order. When ordering through Facebook Messenger, you can request up to 10 copies (when ordering through the website, you can request up to 20 copies).
- After this, you will be shown the required proofs of identification and authorization that you need to execute upon delivery of the documents, such as:
- A valid ID
- Letter of Authorization and valid ID from any of the following:
- Owner of the birth certificate
- His parents
- His spouse
- His children
- His grandparents
- His grandchild
You will also be asked if you would like to nominate an authorized representative in case you are not available to personally receive the delivery.
- You will then be asked how you wish to pay for the order:
- Credit Card
And then you will be provided your reference number for the order; take note of this as you need to write this on your payment slip at the payment center or bank where you choose to pay for the order.
You may also check the email address you provided, the reference number will also be sent there.
And you’re done! Easy, right?
You may follow up your order through Facebook Messenger too, just choose Order Status after you launch the chat box. Or you may call the hotline at (02) 737-1111 or visit their website at www.psahelpline.ph and click on Order Status in the home page.
A birth certificate, marriage certificate, and death certificate cost P365, while a CENOMAR costs P465, per copy. The rates already include the processing and delivery fee.
Try it now!