How to Apply for a CHED Student Financial Assistance Program (StuFAPs)

4 Apr 5

Do you need financial assistance for your college education?  The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) accepts applications for their Student Financial Assistance Programs and this is offered to incoming college freshmen and college level students who will be enrolling for AY 2019-2020.

Below are the qualifications, requirements, and step-by-step process on how to avail of the StuFAP:

How do I Qualify?

An applicant must be:

  • An incoming freshman or college-level student;
  • A Filipino citizen;
  • Must be ONE of the following:
    • Senior high school graduate and/or candidate for graduation;
    • Passer of Senior High School ALS/PEPT, or
    • With earned units in college.
  • The family gross income must not exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 300,000.00).
  • The applicant must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program;
  • He or she must not be a graduate of any degree program.

Take note that the CHEDRO StuFAPs committee shall determine the merits of the application and there are some highly exceptional cases where an application is considered even if the family’s income exceeds Php 300,000.00.

What are the documents I need to prepare?

  • Senior High School Graduate
    • Photocopy of grades in Grade 12 and original copy of the Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the principal.
  • Candidate for Graduation in Senior High School
    • Photocopy of grades in Grade 12 (1st semester) and original copy of the Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the principal.
    • Photocopy of grades in Grade 11 (1st and 2nd semesters) and original copy of the Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the principal.
  • Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer (ALS)
    • Photocopy of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation and Equivalency Test Certificate/Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from the Department of Education (DepEd);
    • Photocopy of Diploma.
  • Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Passer
    • Photocopy of Certificate of Rating from DepEd;
    • Photocopy of Diploma
  • With Earned Units in College
    • Photocopy of grades in all subjects in completed semesters and Certification of Total General Weighted Average (GWA) from the registrar.

Other Documentary Requirements:

  1. Proof of Income (ANY of the following)
  • For children of OFWs and seafarers, a photocopy of any of the following:
    • The latest copy of the contract
    • Proof of income
  • For children of non-OFWs, a photocopy of ANY of the following:
    • Photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return of parents or guardian;
    • Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue;
    • A case study from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
    • Affidavit of No Income;
    • Certificate of Indigency from Barangay.
  1. Certificate of Good Moral Character from the last school attended, issued by the guidance counselor or principal.
  2. Additional Requirements for Applicants belonging to the following:
  • Rebel Returnees/Integrees
    • Authenticated certificate from the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP).
  • Member of Indigenous and Ethnic Peoples
    • Certificate of Membership from either the Office of Muslim Affairs of the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples
  • Solo Parent
    • Affidavit duly executed by the applicant that he or she is a solo parent or a child of a solo parent with an attached certification from the DSWD worker in the area.
    • Certificate of Good Moral Character of the parent from the Barangay Chairman of the place of domicile.
    • Certificate of Good Health of the applicant.
    • PSA Birth Certificate of the applicant
    • ID of the solo parent (photocopy)
  • Differently-abled Persons (PWD)
    • Certification from the DSWD
  • Senior Citizens
    • Photocopy of the senior citizen’s ID

The CHED will accept applications until April 30, 2019 only.  For more information on the CHED StuFAP, you may contact:

Office of Student Development and Services

3/F HEDC Bldg., CP Garcia Ave., Quezon City

Tel No. 02-988-0001







Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: