How To Apply For A Minor Child’s Philippine Passport?

3 Mar 11

What are the requirements, supporting documents, IDs, and processes you need to present and go through in order to obtain a passport for your children who are 17 years old and below?  Can a child, whose parents are not physically present in the Philippines, apply for a passport on his or her own?  What documents do you need to submit if the child will be traveling without his parents? All these questions (and more!) will be tackled in this week’s series on applying for a minor child’s passport for the first time.

What are the Core Requirements for a minor child’s passport application?

  1. Confirmed online appointment (if applicable)
  • Children who are 7 years old and below do not need to have an online appointment.  They are entitled to avail of the courtesy lane.
  • They may be accompanied by their parent/s and minor siblings; they too can apply for a passport without an appointment.
  1. Accomplished application form.
  2. Personal appearance of the minor applicant and either parent or authorized adult companion.
  3. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) birth certificate.
  • Local Civil Registrar copy may be required if the PSA birth certificate is not clear or cannot be read.
  1. PSA Marriage Certificate is required if only one parent is accompanying the child.
  • If parents are unmarried, an Affidavit of Support and/or Consent executed by the mother will be required if she is not accompanying the child.
  • If Affidavit of Support and/or Consent is executed abroad, it must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate.
  1. Passport or valid government-issued ID of either parent, with one photocopy.
  2. School ID (if applicable)

*Additional requirements may be required.  Please refer to the section below for additional requirements for Minor New Applications.

What IDs are considered valid by the DFA and acceptable for a minor child’s passport application?

  1. Social Security System (SSS)/Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) card.
  2. Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License. Student Permit may be accepted if in card format.
  3. Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID.
  4. Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA)/Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE) card.
  5. Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certification from the Election Officer with dry seal.
  6. Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License.
  7. Senior Citizen ID
  8. Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
  9. School ID (if applicable)
  10. Current valid ePassport (for renewal of ePassport)
  11. For applicants based overseas, they may use their government-issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship (example: Residence Card).

Tomorrow and in the coming days, we are going to feature the supporting documents required by the DFA for different cases such as when a child does not have a birth certificate yet, or when the child could not be accompanied by either parent during the passport application process, or when the child is not traveling with his/her parents.

The details featured in this series are lifted from

See you tomorrow!

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


This blog is sponsored by

Follow us on Facebook

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at or through our FB Chat Messenger at


Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: