How To Apply For A Passport If Your Birth Certificate Has Discrepancies

3 Mar 08

Does your birth certificate have errors?  Are there details such as spellings, dates, and names that do not match the details in your valid IDs?  Are you a dual citizen, naturalized Filipino citizen, or obtained your citizenship by election?

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, today’s article is for you.

If you need the list of general requirements for FIRST-TIME, NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION, click here.

Supporting documents for passport application if:

  1. If the applicant has lacking data in the birth certificate or Report of Birth:
  • Applicant must submit proof of filing of supplemental report or correction from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
  1. If the applicant has a discrepancy in data in birth certificate/Report of Birth and other documents:
  • A discrepancy in the first name – applicant must submit a copy of the petition and supporting documents for correction of the first name filed with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or consulate.
  • A discrepancy in other data – applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry.
  1. If the applicant is a dual citizen:
  • Original PSA authenticated birth certificate/Report of Birth and Original Identification Certificate issued by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP) or the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and a photocopy.
  • Government-issued IDs (Philippine or from the country of second citizenship).
  1. If the applicant is a Naturalized Filipino Citizen:
  • Identification Certificate of Naturalization from BI
  1. If the applicant obtained Filipino citizenship by Election:
  • Affidavit of Election of Philippine citizenship.
  • Identification Certificate of Election from BI.
  1. If the applicant has been granted citizenship by Act of Legislation.
  • A certified true copy of the law granting citizenship.

Foreign birth certificate authenticated by Philippine FSP.

Thank you for joining us in this series!  All the information featured in this series were lifted from the website.  If you have any questions about your passport application, feel free to drop us a line and we will get back to you with the best answer we can find.

Chips And Nibblers (1)

Closet Queen


This blog is sponsored by

Follow us on Facebook

Place your PSA birth certificate orders online at or through our FB Chat Messenger at

Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

2 thoughts on “How To Apply For A Passport If Your Birth Certificate Has Discrepancies

  1. Bakit po kaya the same docu ang dala ko. Sa Marriage Certificate po me problema. C Maiden name ko Arriola naging Ariola pero yon sa gawing baba eh tama naman even yon aking Birth Certificate tama naman po. Yon po kasong latest passport issue ni DFA nabaha po kasi. But they check on their computer andoon po yon copy. Nagpagawa po ako ng discrepancy sa abogado pwede na po kaya yon? Kasi po yon correction mangaling sa LCR ala po cla Hepe nakau po para pumirma. Kailangan ko na pong kumuha ng passport agad. Sana po matulungan nyo kami. Thanks po

    1. Hindi po kasi tumatanggap ang DFA ng endorsements lang or mga sulat from lawyers. Ang kailangan po nila ay yung PSA-authenticated copy ng mga civil registry documents (birth, marriage). Pero pwede niyo pa rin subukan kung mapapakiusapan niyo po ang consul sa DFA na mag handle ng renewal ng passport ninyo.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: