A common requirement in most government and private transactions is a copy of a Barangay Clearance and or a Barangay Certificate Most people think these two are one and the same so they end up submitting a Certificate when they are required to submit a Clearance, and vice versa.
To help address this common confusion among Filipino citizens, we did a research and found out that these two documents are completely different from each other and are issued for different purposes. Here is a summary of how Barangay Clearances and Barangay Certificates are secured, and when these two are needed. Read on!
- Otherwise known as Barangay Certificate of Residency.
- This document proves that you are a resident of a particular barangay.
- You can be issued a copy of this certificate if you have been residing in a particular barangay for at least 6 months or more.
- This can be secured at the barangay hall that covers the applicant’s place of residence.
- A Barangay Clearance is a common requirement for business permits and license applications.
- This can be secured at the barangay hall that covers the place where the business will operate.
The requirements needed for such certifications and clearances to be issued are detailed in the barangay’s Citizen’s Charter. Common requirements are:
- Documents pertaining to the business’ establishment
- Community Tax Certificate
- Valid IDs such as Driver’s License, Company ID, GSIS or SSS IDs, Voter’s ID, etc.
Note that a Voter’s ID is just one of the many IDs that may be required from an applicant. It should not serve as the sole basis for granting a person’s request for a Certificate of Residency.
Next time you are required to submit a certification or clearance from your barangay, clarify which among the two should you submit. Keep this as your reference in differentiating the documents you are applying for.
3 thoughts on “What is the Difference Between a Barangay Certificate and a Barangay Clearance?”
Pwde poba gamitin yung barangay clearance sa pagpagawa ng BPI account for payroll imbis na barangay certificate?
May NATIONAL ID IS STILL NOT HERE TO ME…how to verify????
Mine too! Maybe inquire at the PhilSys outlet where you applied for your national ID?