If you are planning to visit China this coming holiday season, you’re in for a treat.
Pinoys who have been issued visas to certain countries may now be exempted from applying a visa to enter Taiwan. This is an announcement made through the website of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines. Instead of a visa, an applicant may secure an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate instead.
Below are the conditions that an applicant must meet in order to enjoy visa-free entry to the said country:
- Applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- He or she must possess an onward/return air or ferry ticket.
- The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
- The applicant must possess at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
- Valid resident or permanent resident card;
- Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa);
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan.
Note that work permits to the above countries are not considered as visa.
Upon receipt of the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, the applicant must print a copy and be able to present this for inspection when entering Taiwan. Entry will be denied to travelers who fail to execute the printed copy.
The ROC Travel Authorization Certificate is valid for 90 days and the holder may enter Taiwan multiple times within the 90-day period. Should the applicant find the need to extend his stay, he must request for an extension seven days prior to the expiry of his certificate.
There are no exemptions to the above-mentioned requirements. Should an applicant not meet the requirements, or intend to study, work, or stay in Taiwan for more than 30 days, he or she must apply for the appropriate visas at the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines. Their address is at the 41st floor Tower 1, RCBC Plaza, Ayala Avenue, Makati City.