Manila City Hall_15

Here are the requirements you need to prepare when filing for a correction on your maiden middle name after you have been married.

What to bring:

  1. 2 latest certified/local copies and 2 latest PSA (formerly NSO) birth certificate to be corrected.
  2. 2 latest certified copy of marriage contract of the document owner.
  3. 2 latest certified copies of PSA birth certificate of at least 2 children of the document owner.
  4. 2 copies of baptismal certificate of the document owner.
  5. 2 copies of school records (Elementary, High School, or College – form 137 or Transcript of Records).
  6. 2 certified copies of voter’s registration record/voter’s affidavit (COMELEC).
  7. 2 latest original NBI Clearance (purpose: For Change of Name).
  8. 2 latest original PNP Clearance (purpose: For Change of Name).
  9. 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest Community Tax Certificate from the place of work or residence.
  10. Other documents which the LCR may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the Petition, such as the following:
    • GSIS/SSS Records
    • Medical Records
    • Business Records
    • School Records
    • Insurance
    • Land Title
    • Bank Passbook

All marriage contracts, birth and death certificates to be submitted should be latest certified photocopies when issued in Manila.  If issued outside Manila, must be on Security Paper of PSA (formerly NSO).

Steps to Follow:

  1. Submit all requirements to RA 9048 receiving table for assessment and initial interview.  Please bring all original documents and ID (Table 1 & 2).
  2. Preparation of petition paper (Computer Table).
  3. Proceed to Room 214, City Legal’s Office, and have petition papers notarized.
  4. Pay at the Tax Payer’s Lounge:
    • Registration Fee – P1,000
    • Certified True Copy Fee – P230
    • Transmittal Fee – P210
  5. Proceed to Table 3 for the receiving and filing of petition papers and all other documents.  You will be given a schedule for follow ups as well.

The Manila LCR does not conduct interviews during Fridays.