The Manila City Hall Series: How To File for Correction of Place of Birth Under RA 9048 Part 12 of 16

Manila City Hall_12

If the place of birth written on your birth certificate is not the same as the one written on your passport or any other document that you use as an identification, you might encounter problems with your transactions as this is a vital ID information.

Here are the steps you need to follow when filing for correction of your place of birth under RA 9048:

What You Need To Bring:

(a). 2 latest certified LCR copies and 2 latest PSA (formerly NSO) copies of birth certificate to be corrected.

(b). 2 latest certified copies of certification from the hospital indicating the exact hospital address.  IF the hospital or clinic where the birth certificate owner was born is no longer in existence, the petitioner needs to submit a certification from the Barangay stating that the said hospital or clinic was formerly established in the area and is now no longer in operation.

(c). 2 copies of baptismal certificate.

(d). 2 copies of school records, Elementary and High School, either Form 137/138 or Certificate or College Transcript of Records (TOR).

(e). 2 Certified copies of Voter’s Registration record/voters’ affidavit (COMELEC).

(f). 2 copies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and 1 copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence.

(g). SPA (Special Power or Attorney).  If the petitioner is abroad, or sick, he/she can be represented by a lawyer or his/her nearest relative (up to third degree of consanguinity).


  1. All civil documents from the PSA (Birth, Marriage, and Death) to be submitted should be the latest certified local copy or on Security Paper from the PSA.
  2. After the compliance of the requirements, please proceed to the information counter.  Only applicants with complete requirements will be allowed to proceed to pre-interview.
  3. Processing of the petition is four (4) months and will commence on the date the petition is received by the Manila City Hall.
  4. Payments are as follows:
    • Registration Fee – P1,000
    • Certified Xerox Copy – P230
    • Transmittal Fee – P210
    • Additional Payment  for documents with supplemental – P30

Please be advised that the city hall does not conduct interviews during Fridays.




Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

19 thoughts on “The Manila City Hall Series: How To File for Correction of Place of Birth Under RA 9048 Part 12 of 16

    1. Hi Mary Jay,

      Ang correction ng entries sa birth certificate ay dapat sa LCR ng birthplace ifa-file. Ibig sabihin, doon ka mismo sa munisipyo makikipag transact. At mas mabuti na ang may ari ng birth certificate for correction ang siyang mag file nito personally. Kung hindi ka naman available, pwedeng ang iyong spouse, mga anak na legal age, ang iyong mga magulang, o mga kapatid.


      1. Opo sa munisipyo po ako nagfile nagbayad po ako ng 1k. Tapos pinababalik po ako sa june 3 para ipaLBC daw po yung mga papers ko for filing then akomdin daw po magluluwas sa manila.

    1. Hi Michelle,

      It really depends on the city or municipal hall, pati na mga procedures na kailangang gawin para ma-correct ang entries sa birth certificate.

      Just make sure na sa staff at personnel ng munisipyo ka lang makipag usap, never sa fixers. And all your payments must be issued with a government receipt, paid at the municipal cashier only.


  1. Is baptismal certificate a must in the requirements to change birth of place in the birth certificate?
    We are not Roman Catholic that’s why there’s no baptismal.
    Hope you could answer.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Bkit pa kailangan ng psa ehh meron nmm birth cert galing sa cityhall ganun din nmn nkalagay dun at bkit tagal ng process nio 4 monts grabe tagal d nio ba maasikaso

  3. tanung Kolang po Gaano katagal ba Ang process Ng Correction of birth place ?

    Bali ang nangyari po kasi ung birth place ko e kulang Ng manila un address !!! Gaano po kay katagal ang aantayin ko ? para maayus ito ?


  4. hi good afternoon. ask ko lang kasi yung sa birth certifcate ng pinsan ko born abroad (japan) kulang ung address nya (walang town and province, brgy lang meron), kailangan daw po kumpleto for the passport renewal 9hindi po makarenew dahil sa conflict nung address). kung san san na po kami nagtanong, iba iba po sinasabi, and then i came across your post, which seems relevant to the case naman po. paano po kaya gagawin dun? thanks po.

  5. if I applied for a First name change for employment purposes…. surely di ko kayang hintayin ang 4 months…. meron bang binibigay na some kind of receipt or note saying na the change has been submitted and is still being processed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: