The Manila City Hall Series: How to File for Correction of Birth date (day and month only) Under RA 10172 Part 7 of 16

Manila City Hall_7

An incorrect birth day on your birth certificate will cause confusion on your age.  Just like any other clerical error on your civil registry document, this must be addressed as soon as possible.

The City of Manila published the following article to help applicants prepare for the required documents and fees in advance.  Please note that some of the requirements and fees may vary depending on the city or municipality where you will be applying for the correction.

Mandatory Requirements:

(a). One (1) latest certified machine copy and one (1) photocopy of the birth certificate to be corrected issued by the Manila Civil Registrar.

(b). One (1) latest NSO copy and one (1) photocopy of the birth certificate to be corrected.

(c). One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of the following documents:

  • Elementary school records (Form 137/school certification). In case the petitioner/document owner never entered school, an affidavit attesting to this fact shall be submitted.
  • Medical records issued by the hospital or clinic where the certificate owner was born. In case the hospital or clinic is no longer operating, the petitioner must submit an affidavit attesting to this fact.
  • Baptismal certificate and other documents issued by religious authorities. In case where the petitioner/document owner has no baptismal certificate or similar documents, an affidavit attesting to this fact shall be submitted.
  • If the petitioner/document owner is employed, submit a certificate of employment, indicating that the same does not have pending administrative cases with the company.
  • Affidavit of non-employment indicating that the document owner has no pending civil or criminal case or criminal records, if not employed at the time the petition was filed.
  • Affidavit of self-employment indicating that the document owner has no pending civil criminal case or no criminal record, if self-employed at the time the petition was filed.
  • Certification issued by the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs, if the document owner is a college student.
  • Certification issued by the Guidance Counselor, if the document owner is in Elementary or High School.
  • NBI and POLICE CLEARANCE – purpose indicated must be for the correction of the day and month on the date of birth in the birth certificate. If document owner is 0 to 7 years old, this requirement is waived.
  • For married petitioners – Latest PSA (formerly NSO) copy of marriage certificate issued by the local civil registrar.
  • Documents that will show proof of the correction being sought such as Service Records, GSIS or SSS Records, Insurance Certificates and Income Tax Returns.
  • Two (2) photocopies of valid ID of the petitioner and the document owner and one (1) copy of latest community tax certificate from the place of work or residence.
  • Special Power of Attorney (SPA), if the document owner is abroad or physically or mentally incapacitated.  He or she can be represented by a lawyer or his or her nearest relative up to the third degree of consanguinity.

Process and Fees:

(a). After completing all required documents, proceed to the information counter of the Manila City Hall and secure a number for pre-interview.  Please make sure to bring the original copies of the documents for validation.  Only the applicants with complete requirements will be entertained for pre-interview.

(b). Publication of the petition for two (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general and national circulation (list of newspapers will be provided during the final interview).

(c). Steps to follow will also be provided during the final interview.

(d). Processing of the petition takes four (4) months and will begin on the date the petition was received by the Manila City Hall.

(e). Registration fee : Php 3,000

(f). Certified Photocopy : Php 230.00 for single petition, Php 350.00 for double petition

(g). Transmittal Fee : Php 210.00 for single petition, Php 330.00 for double petition

Note that the fees for the notarization and publication are not included in the above.

The Manila City Hall does not conduct interviews during Fridays.




Published by MasterCitizen

I collect citizen facts and the usual stuff that might be important for a Pinoy's everyday life....Subscribe to get updates, opinions, and news.

11 thoughts on “The Manila City Hall Series: How to File for Correction of Birth date (day and month only) Under RA 10172 Part 7 of 16

  1. Question lang Po .. Anu Po mga requirements to correct ung name sa birth certificate middle name lang po Ang nakasulat (Trinidad)?
    Need Po Kasi for employment and to update other government ids

    1. Middle name niyo lang po ang nakasulat, wala pong first name and last name?

      Nasubukan niyo na po bang mag inquire sa LCR kung saan naka rehistro ang birth certificate? Kadalasan po kasi, kapag missing information sa birth certificate, Supplemental Report ang kailangan para mailagay ang mga tamang detalye. Pero kailangan niyo munang mag consult sa LCR at sila po ang maga-assess sa pinaka appropriate na solution sa birth certificate error.

  2. gaano katagal magpa update nang pangalan nang parents, mali ang nang spell ang name nang mga parents

  3. Good day po ask ko lng po if may bayad pa correct ng birth certificate wla pong address yung birtplace hospital lng po at nka reg. Po ako sa manila city hall at ano po need na req

  4. Sir/mam ung Anak ipinanganak sa Saudi , may problema po yung date of birth instead na date of birth ay place of birrh ung nailagay sa BC . Paano po macorrect eh wala na po ako sa Saudi . Ung passport nya tama ung date of Birth . Ung SAudi B Certificate nya tama rin Date of Birth . Need your advice please . Thank u.

  5. Bakit po sa province namin correction ng name through Online 2 days release without this all requirements only she send certificate of employment and postal id. Also release through email. What you can say to our Local registrar office they make their own rules.
    I hope you can give an advice coz that girl request to change her name is scammer and have multiple case to filed now. I hope you can give me an advice what i should do. Thank you po.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: