Wrong Middle Name

What if you found out that the middle name written on your NSO birth certificate (now PSA Birth Certificate) is your mother’s maiden middle name, making you her sister or brother (instead of being her son or daughter)?  How do you get this corrected and fast?

According to the official website of the Philippine Statistics Authority or PSA (formerly National Statistics Office or NSO), this case can no longer be considered as clerical error and therefore, shall follow a different correction process.  In fact, the person wanting to have the entries corrected must seek the assistance of a lawyer who shall determine the documents that need to be presented to support the request for correction.

Unlike the usual process on clerical errors in NSO documents, correcting the entries in a child’s middle name or the mother’s last name must be filed at the Regional Trial Court where the concerned LCR office is located.  Fees and other payments shall be determined during the process.

It is best to have such errors corrected as soon as possible to avoid setbacks in the owner’s official transactions later on.

Source: https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/problems-and-solutions/middle-names-child-and-mother-birth-certificate-are-wrong