The Philippines upholds and respects the Magna Carta of Disabled Persons. Through Republic Act 7277, Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) are granted the right to belong to our society and be given support to improve their well-being, promote self-development and self-reliance, and provide them the same opportunities as other people.
If you are a PWD or have a family member, relative, friend, colleague, or schoolmate who is, be informed that the government has conferred privileges and incentives exclusively for you. Likewise, you are encouraged to apply for and get a PWD ID.
Here is a guide you can use when preparing the requirements and facilitating your application for a PWD ID. These were lifted from http://www.gov.ph/services/pwd/.
- Filled out application form, either by applicant or his / her caregiver. Forms may be obtained in any of the following offices:
- Office of the Mayor
- Office of the Barangay Captain
- National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA) or its regional counterpart
- DSWD Offices
- Participating organizations with memorandum of agreements with the Department of Health
- Two pieces 1×1 ID pictures.
- A duly signed clinical abstract by any licensed private, government clinic, or hospital-based physician.
- Applicant or care-giver must fill up the application form, attaching the two 1×1 ID pictures and signed clinical abstract.
- Applicant, caregiver, or registration center personnel must then bring or upload the application to the nearest City or Municipal Health Officer or its satellite or stations at the barangay for verification.
- If the PWD is not ambulatory, the receiving health officer shall do a home visit to validate the entries and disability.
- Applications that were disapproved shall be advised regarding the deficiencies and shall be allowed to reapply until complied.
- Once verified, the forms will be sent to the Health Officer of the Main City or Municipal Health Center. The Health Officer will then fill up a certification form, affix a control number, and upload the information to the Philippine Registry for Persons with Disabilities that can be downloaded from the DOH National Office Website.
- Applicant must bring the duly approved application form and certificate of disability to the City or Municipal Social Welfare office or NCDA for issuance of the identification card.
Privileges and Incentives
- 20% Discount
- Discounts for purchase of medicines
- Admission fee privileges
- Medical and dental services in government and private hospitals
- Transportation privileges
- Educational Assistance
- Provided they meet the minimum admission requirements set by the DepED, CHED, TESDA, and other entities engaged in the grant of scholarship.
- Privileges on granting special discounts in special programs
- Government may grant special discounts in special programs for PWDs on purchase of basic necessities and prime commodities in supermarkets and grocery stores.
- Express Lane Privileges
- Express lanes for persons with disability shall be provided in all private, commercial, and government establishments.
- In the absence thereof, priority shall be given to them in all the transactions of the establishments. LGUs shall ensure that this provision is implemented within their area of jurisdiction.
- Tax incentives for caregivers of PWDs (http://www.gov.ph/services/pwd/tax-incentives-for-care-givers-of-pwds/)
- Married individuals with child/children with disability
- Solo parens (under RA No. 8972 also known as the Solo Parent Act) with child/children with disability.
- Grandparents with grandchild/grandchildren with disability
The details of item number 5 are in the link provided above.
Feel free to share this with your family and friends.
10 thoughts on “How To Get a PWD ID”
Good afternoon… qualified din ba ako na kumuha ng PWD id as a parent of my daugther na pwd as her care giver? Pero hindi ako registered caregiver. Thank you.
May disability din po ba kayo Ma’am? ANg binibigyan lang po ng PWD ID ay yung mismong tao na may kapansanan, hindi po ang kanyang guardian.
may discount ba ang crutches, wheel chairs, walkers sa mga pwd? it is not stated kc sa law, unlike sa senior citizens
PAPAANO PO MAG RENEW IF EXPIRED NA YUNG PWD KO..KASI THREE YEARS LANG PO SIYA
Saan mo na ba nakuha yang I.D mo? Doon mo din yan pwedeng i renew.
pwede po bng mg aply khit saang lugar ng pwd id?
Try mo na lang pumunta sa malapit na DSWD office sa iyo.